• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Tips: Get the Most Juice & More!

In summary, this conversation covers various tips for using kitchen tools in unexpected ways. These include microwaving citrus fruits for more juice, using olive oil to lubricate kitchen shears, using the kitchen scraper as a squeegee, and finding multiple uses for the rotary grater. Other suggestions include using the Tool Turn About for organizing various items, using sandpaper to smooth out a cutting board, and adding baking soda to dishwater to cut through grease and soften hands. These tips also include fun ideas, such as using Life Savers to hold birthday candles and using a piece of celery as an edible spoon.
DebPC
Staff member
Kitchen Tips
To get the most juice from your citrus fruits, microwave about 10-15 seconds, then roll between hands or on counter top. To avoid having to microwave, do not refrigerate citrus. They have more flavor (and juice) at room temperature.

+ When your Kitchen Shears/Scissors start to stick, spray the center with olive oil instead of the normal lubricant to keep the smell and taste off your food.

+ Use the Kitchen Scraper for a squeegee on shower doors and car windows.

+ To drain frozen spinach, place 2 paper towels on the bottom of the Medium Stainless Mesh Colander. Then put in spinach. Place 2 more paper towels on top and place the Small Colander in Larger Colander and press.

+ Cook bacon in Stoneware Bar Pan at 325* for 25 minutes-no turning!

+ The Rotary Grater has so many uses besides cheese: Grate a fine layer of chocolate over desserts, frozen butter over waffles, apples into pancakes, zucchini for bread, carrots into salad or meatloaf; use to make bread crumbs and bacon bits, grate bouillon cubes into soups or recipes for quick dissolving.

+Some suggestions for the Tool Turn About are: kitchen tools, scrapbooking supplies, knitting needles and crochet hooks, art supplies, office supplies, first aid kit, in bathroom for hair accessories, kid's crayons and markers -- they can even decorate it with stickers!

+ If one of your Pampered Chef cutting boards gets too many cuts in it, try smoothing it out with a fine grade sand paper.

+ To prevent your plastic containers from staining, try spraying it with cooking spray before filling with tomato based foods with our Kitchen Spritzer.

+ Use Life Savers to hold birthday candles on cake.

+ Use the Pizza Cutter to cut foods into bite-size pieces for little fingers-it's quicker and easier than a knife.

+ Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to your dishwater, it cuts through grease and softens hands.

+ If your brown sugar is hard- grate it in the Rotary Grater.

+ Place a few grains of rice in your salt and sugar shakers to absorb moisture.

+ For a fun, edible spoon for your dips or condiments (in the peppers above), cut a piece of celery the length of a long spoon keeping the wide end. Use your egg slicer plus (supporting the tines) to fan the thin end.

+ Use the Crinkle Cutter to mince fresh herbs or slice ice cream.

These are great tips! I never knew microwaving citrus fruits could help get more juice out of them. And using olive oil to lubricate kitchen shears is a great idea to avoid any unwanted smells or tastes in food. I also love the idea of using the kitchen scraper as a squeegee for shower doors and car windows - such a versatile tool! And the rotary grater definitely has more uses than just grating cheese. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips!

Hello! Thank you for sharing these amazing kitchen tips. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I completely agree with the tip about using our kitchen shears to cut food instead of a knife. It's not only quicker, but also safer and easier to clean. I also love the idea of using our rotary grater for various purposes, such as grating chocolate or frozen butter. And the tip about using the Tool Turn About for different household items is genius! I will definitely be sharing these tips with my customers. Thanks again for sharing! Happy cooking!

What is the best way to get the most juice out of lemons?

The best way to get the most juice out of lemons is to roll them firmly on a hard surface before cutting and squeezing them. This helps to break down the fibers inside the lemon and release more juice.

How can I keep herbs fresh for longer?

The best way to keep herbs fresh for longer is to trim the stems and place them in a jar or glass filled with water, like a bouquet. Cover the herbs with a plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator. Change the water every few days and your herbs will stay fresh for up to two weeks.

What is the easiest way to peel garlic?

The easiest way to peel garlic is to place the cloves in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously for a few seconds. The cloves will separate from the skin and can easily be peeled.

How can I prevent my cutting board from slipping while I'm using it?

To prevent your cutting board from slipping, place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel between the cutting board and the counter. This will create a non-slip surface and keep your cutting board in place while you work.

What is the best way to remove excess fat from soups and stews?

The best way to remove excess fat from soups and stews is to refrigerate them for a few hours or overnight. The fat will solidify on the surface and can easily be removed with a spoon before reheating and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies