• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Minute to Win It: Fun Ideas for 1 Minute Tasks and Prizes for Your Next Party!

In summary, Elise suggests that contestants chop onions in the food chopper into small enough pieces to fit through the cooling rack, push ping pong balls with the oil spritler, or slice green peppers with the mandoline. She also suggests a food chopper, salad choppers, and apple wedger on the table and tells them an onion and tomato needs to be cut. She then offers three different ways to cut carrots into discs/sticks. Lastly, she offers a 5 minute veggie tray and says that any of our supply prizes would work.
ChefParty4U
So I'm watching the show now and thinking, how fun would that be to do at a PC party!!!!

?'s for everyone:
What are your ideas for 1 minute tasks and the blueprints you'd say?
Would you have each "contestant" do one task or a series of tasks?
Could you maybe break a recipe into 1 minute tasks, so it builds into the finished dish?
What prize or series of prizes would you offer?

If we get a bunch of ideas, I'll gladly package them up into a pretty pdf for everyone with an invite flyer and such.

One task I was thinking, Chop onions in the food chopper into small enough pieces to fit through the cooling rack. Get 1 cup in 1 minute.

Lets see what we can come up with:balloon:

Fun idea! What about something about juicing citrus with either the press or the juicer? You could use it to make a drink a quick-stir. Maybe something with the salad choppers? I'm trying to think of products that help you save time in the kitchen...

Elise - Could take the salad choppers with a tomato, onion and jalepeno and can they make a bowl of salsa in one minute

They seem to like ping pong balls a lot. Instead of blowing them across something, what if you use the oil spritzer to push them across maybe the bar pan onto something.

ChefParty4U said:
Elise - Could take the salad choppers with a tomato, onion and jalepeno and can they make a bowl of salsa in one minuteThey seem to like ping pong balls a lot. Instead of blowing them across something, what if you use the oil spritzer to push them across maybe the bar pan onto something.
Just use water in it- instead of oil?? That could be a BIG mess if they miss *hehe*

i was even thinking just the air

Use the mandoline to slice the green peppers for the 15m fajitas?

Have a food chopper, salad choppers and apple wedger on the table and tell them an onion and tomato needs to be cut. Let them choose the tool for the task? You can then mention the tools that weren't used as alternative options. You've then highlighted 3 products for one task.

Great idea, btw!

oo, love the one-minute salsa idea with the salad choppers!

I was thinking something the ice cube trick for the cookware? something where again, they have to choose to use an item. on the show, they have 3 lives to retry tasks so if you give them 3 options (knowing that 2 won't work) then eventually they'll use the cookware. You might need to use more than one ice cube to make it last the 1 minute in other products.

You could maybe work in the 30 minute DCB chicken. True, it's not 1 minute, but it's a task that, without the right "technique" (using the DCB) isn't possible in that amount of time. You could start the chicken at the beginning and then have about 10 different rounds, especially if you can somehow use the results of the rounds for the demo after the chicken is done.

What would they win????

they could take a minute to write down questions to ask you about the business or all the different ways they can use a particular PC item.

For the food chopper - have chicken to chop for a chicken salad? Or the salad choppers for a nice fruit salad.

5 minute veggie tray? Using our mandoline.

2 minute guacamole - using our avocado peeler and mix n chop.

I'm wondering if anything has come of this? Like that pretty pdf promised ;)

Shell Northway said:
What would they win????

Have your regular prize goodie bag with SBs, quik-cut knives, scrapers, peelers, maybe some spice sample-packs, etc. $1-2 items? Or if you REALLY want to live it up you could do a grand-prize for something like a Rub, or a prep bowl (since we can get them on supply now for about $2 each cost).

ANy of our supply prizes would work I'd think.

I continue to shop the outlet for bargain prizes for games - like the 5-piece bamboo set that you can give away indivisually. :thumbup:

This would be a fun game to do! The five minute veggie tray would be a good idea. Give three different way to cut carrots into discs/sticks. UM, Knife & Handy Scrapper. Depending on which one they use, they can cut them into discs/coins/sticks.

I will have to think of some more ideas.

The salsa challenge could also be done in the Manual Food Processor. You would be highlighting a knife, a cutting board, the mini spatula, and perhaps the MFB recipe cards as well. If you are making a fruit salsa, you would be using the Core and More, or any of wonderful cutting tools.

1. What is "Minute to Win It"?

"Minute to Win It" is a popular game show that originated in the United States. It features contestants completing various tasks or challenges within a minute to win a cash prize.

2. How do you play "Minute to Win It"?

To play "Minute to Win It", contestants must complete a series of challenges within a minute. These challenges can range from stacking objects, completing physical tasks, or solving puzzles. The difficulty and type of challenges vary with each round.

3. Can anyone participate in "Minute to Win It"?

Unfortunately, only selected contestants can participate in the official game show. However, the concept of "Minute to Win It" can be easily adapted for parties, events, or team-building activities.

4. What are some examples of challenges in "Minute to Win It"?

Some examples of challenges in "Minute to Win It" include "Face the Cookie" where contestants have to move a cookie from their forehead to their mouth using only their facial muscles, "Junk in the Trunk" where contestants have to shake ping pong balls out of a tissue box attached to their waist, and "Stack Attack" where contestants have to stack cups into a pyramid and then back into a single stack within a minute.

5. Is "Minute to Win It" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Minute to Win It" can be enjoyed by people of all ages as the challenges can be modified to suit the abilities of the participants. It is a great way to have fun and bond with friends, family, or colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
Replies
Views
amy07
  • hoosierchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies