• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Mini Tiramisu Cake Tip: Save Money with Single Serve Coffee Packets!

I like that cold coffee idea. We had them last night at our meeting I thought the coffee flavor was a great add. Thanks for the tip!
poohritz
Gold Member
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that the recipe calls for coffee
crystals(instant coffee). If you are like me and don't want to go out and buy a big jar to go stale before you use it, they have single serve packets, like the drink mixes and you only use what you need to and the others are still sealed fresh for next time. There are flavored ones as well, I happened to use the hazelnut because that is a favorite flavor of mine. awesome stuff. Also for a more professional look, instead of a baggie for the whipped cream use the easy accent decorator with a star tip. easy but looks like you worked hard at it.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing when they were putting it in the bags...why not use the easy accent decorator?

ChefCKHall said:
I was thinking the same thing when they were putting it in the bags...why not use the easy accent decorator?

Because it's a new consultant kit recipe.

Did you use cream cheese or the marscarpone?

I used the marscarpone. a little on the pricy side in my area but it was worth it.

yeah, I just paid 3.99 for it today. Can't wait to try this recipe!

i can find this recipe, help?

There is a HUGE difference between marscarpone and cream cheese. Yes, you can substitute it, just like you can use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream in some recipes. But, it's not the same.

Here's another tip that came with the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle Recipe in the F/W 08 SB:

Cook's Tip: To make a substitution for coffee liqueur, combine 3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp instant coffee granules and 1 tsp rum extract in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Chill before using.

raebates said:
There is a HUGE difference between marscarpone and cream cheese. Yes, you can substitute it, just like you can use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream in some recipes. But, it's not the same.

I always used marscarpone cheese when making regular Tiramisu, so I thought it was interesting to see that we could use cream cheese instead. I agree Rae, I would much rather use the marscarpone, but it used to be so dang hard to find around here. I haven't made tiramisu in awhile, so maybe it's more widely available now.

i'm sure it's an availability and price issue, which is why the recipe says you can sub cream cheese. I know the marscarpone is better which is why I bought it! YUm! Can't wait to make these!

BethCooks4U said:
Here's another tip that came with the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle Recipe in the F/W 08 SB:Cook's Tip: To make a substitution for coffee liqueur, combine 3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp instant coffee granules and 1 tsp rum extract in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Chill before using.
I made these yesterday for our cluster meeting and wasn't sure what to use, so the liqueur got left out. They were still yummy b/c I didn't know what I was missing! :blushing: Thanks for the tip for next time!!

I'm a NC & was wondering which of the stainless steel scoops you think would work best for this recipe. Thanks!

use the small scoop and it fills the muffin tin perfectly

I live in an area where people don't drink coffee. Plus, we don't drink coffee. So, we don't have instant coffee granules on hand. Is there something we could replace in it's place in the recipe?

skaugchef said:
I live in an area where people don't drink coffee. Plus, we don't drink coffee. So, we don't have instant coffee granules on hand. Is there something we could replace in it's place in the recipe?

You can actually buy little packets for really cheap! I think it was $1 for 5 packets.

Since I did not have have any instant coffee on hand, I changed the recipe and just made the mini cakes according to package, once cool, I heated the Chocolate Rasberry sauce and put in in the EAD with the "filling" tip and put a squit of the chocolate inside the mini cakes. I only make the cream cheese/Conf. Sugar and Vanilla frosting.

BIG HIT, Nice surprize inside. Enjoy

Do you think I can make the cake part the night before and top them off the next day?

absolutely I did this, I brought them to work, it was easier to transport. Then I topped them off! Big hit! Also I used leftover brewed coffee in place of the water in the cake and it gave it a stronger coffee taste vs just a chocolate cake.

I like that cold coffee idea. We had them last night at our meeting I thought the coffee was actually missing! Good to know!

I have another tip - in place of the coffee granules and the water in the recipe I just used 2 tablespoons of already brewed coffee that was cooled. It worked like a charm and I didn't have to buy any instant coffee at all! By the way - these are some tasty little treats! Great recipe!

1. Can I use any type of single serve coffee packets for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of single serve coffee packets for this recipe. However, we recommend using a medium to dark roast coffee for the best flavor.

2. How many servings does this mini tiramisu cake recipe make?

This recipe makes 6 mini tiramisu cakes, perfect for a small gathering or for individual indulgence.

3. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make this recipe in advance. Simply store the assembled mini tiramisu cakes in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving.

4. Can I substitute the mascarpone cheese with another type of cheese?

We do not recommend substituting the mascarpone cheese in this recipe as it is a key ingredient in traditional tiramisu. However, if necessary, you can use cream cheese as a substitute.

5. How can I make this recipe more budget-friendly?

To save money on this recipe, you can use single serve coffee packets that you already have on hand or purchase them in bulk. You can also use regular whipped cream instead of making your own whipped cream to save time and money.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenpartain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies