• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Mini Quiche Recipe with Pillsbury Pie Crust | Perfect for Meetings!

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe from the Pampered Chef's Seasons Best for Quiche Lorraine Tartlets. The recipe uses mini muffin pans and Pillsbury pie crusts to create mini quiches with bacon, bell pepper, chives, and Swiss cheese. The recipe was featured in the Summer 2009 edition and serves 24. The conversation was looking for the recipe for a meeting the next morning.
momoftwins
I made a recipe from the Seasons Best a few years back (can't remember now what one it was in) and loved it and would love to make it again for a meeting tomorrow morning.

It is using the mini muffin pan and pillsbury pie crusts and you make like a mini quiche. Anyone know the recipe I am talking about??

Quiche Lorraine Tartlets - Summer 2009The Pampered Chef ®
Quiche Lorraine Tartlets
Recipe 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directions
2 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/8 tsp salt
4 slices cooked bacon
1/2 medium red bell pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or green onion
1/2 cup (2 oz) grated Swiss cheese
12 grape tomatoes
Coarsely ground black pepper
Additional chopped fresh chives or green onion (optional) Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using outer tube of Measure-All® Cup (nine around outside edge and three in center). Press disks into wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper, ruffling edges. Repeat with remaining crust.Whisk eggs, half and half and salt in Classic Batter Bowl using Stainless Whisk; pour into Measure-All® Cup. Set egg mixture aside and wipe out batter bowl with paper towels.Finely chop bacon and bell pepper with Food Chopper. Squeeze out excess moisture from bell pepper using paper towels. Finely chop chives using Utility Knife. Grate cheese using Ultimate Mandoline. Combine bacon, bell pepper, chives and cheese in batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.Pour egg mixture evenly into tart shells; sprinkle evenly with cheese mixture. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. Press one tomato half, cut side up, into center of each tartlet. Sprinkle with black pepper. Bake 14-16 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crusts are golden brown. Remove tartlets to serving platter and sprinkle with additional chopped chives, if desired.Yield: 24 servingsNutrients per serving: (1 tartlet): Calories 90, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tip: To cook bacon, cut slices in half and cook in (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. For best results, place bell pepper skin side up on Cutting Board before chopping with the Food Chopper. © 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!!Mini Quiche RecipeIngredients:1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)1/2 cup chopped onion1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 cup diced cooked ham1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley4 eggs1/2 cup milk1/4 tsp salt1/4 tsp black pepperInstructions:1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Cut each crust into 12 rounds using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Press rounds into mini muffin cups.2. In a skillet, cook onion, bell peppers, and garlic over medium heat until tender. Stir in ham, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in vegetable mixture. Spoon mixture evenly into crust-lined cups.4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.

1. Can I make mini quiches ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, you can make mini quiches ahead of time and freeze them. After baking, let them cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the oven or microwave.

2. Can I use pre-made pie crust for the mini quiche crust?

Yes, you can use pre-made pie crust for the mini quiche crust. Simply roll out the pie crust and cut out circles to fit your mini quiche pan. You can also use pre-made puff pastry for a flakier crust.

3. Can I substitute the cheese in the mini quiche recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the cheese in the mini quiche recipe. You can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or feta. You can also omit the cheese for a dairy-free option.

4. Can I use a muffin tin instead of a mini quiche pan?

Yes, you can use a muffin tin instead of a mini quiche pan. However, be sure to grease the muffin tin well and adjust the baking time accordingly. Mini quiche pans are recommended for a more uniform shape and size.

5. Can I add vegetables to the mini quiche recipe?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the mini quiche recipe. Some popular options include spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. Be sure to sauté or roast the vegetables before adding them to the quiche to prevent them from releasing too much moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
newchef2010
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam