• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Pesto Pizza Results - Did Yours Brown?

In summary, the conversation was about favorite cookies and cookie recipes for the holiday season. Various cookies were mentioned, such as spritz, chocolate with peanut butter chips, Swizzle Sticks, Chocolate Peanut Butter No bake cookies, peanut butter with chocolate chips, and snickerdoodles. The group also discussed a recipe for Mini Pesto Pizzas that was tried at a meeting, but didn't turn out as expected due to possibly too much cheese. They also mentioned trying the recipe at home and at a show.
DebPC
Staff member
Mini Pesto PizzasWe cooked them at the meeting last night. They didn't get golden broown at all. There was alot of grease from the cheese so I don't know if that is why.
We left them in the oven for about another 5 minutes, They tasted fine- I didn't think to die for but good.
Do yours brown?

I have only done them once, and they did get brown. Then again I left them in the oven a little too long. I wonder if you had too much cheese on them?

I made them once at home and they were really good!! I don't remember them being greasy. From what I remember they were pretty crisp. I haven't made them at a show yet, but I think it would be a good show recipe.

Interesting- maybe my director put on too much cheese. i haven't made them yet- I'll have to try them at home.

What is your favorite cookie??

Also feel free to post the recipe if you have it (but don't feel obligated!) looking for different cookies to make this season.

I made spritz for the first time last year...yup decided to use my cookie press. those were not to bad.

I will have to get you the recipe and post it but my favorite cookie is chocolate with peanut butter chips.

I don't really have a favorite... depends on my mood. I do love my mom's Swizzle Sticks though which are made with a press... though they're not pressed onto the pan but rather pressed out into long sticks... and goooood. She only makes those for the winter holidays. I like soft and chewy cookies over crunchy ones... other than that it all depends on my mood!

My favorite is a boring Chocolate Peanut Butter No bake cookie

I never really met a cookie I didn't like....

I guess if I had to choose, I'd pick peanut butter with chocolate chips OR snickerdoodles.

this is soooo me LOL

Cookie.jpg

My mom's homemade sugar cookies fresh out of the oven.

1. Why didn't my mini pesto pizzas brown?

There are a few possible reasons why your mini pesto pizzas did not brown properly. First, make sure you are using an oven-safe pan and that your oven is preheated to the correct temperature. Additionally, check that you are using enough pesto and cheese on each pizza as this helps with browning. It's also important to evenly distribute the toppings on each pizza and avoid overcrowding the pan.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for my mini pesto pizzas?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for your mini pesto pizzas. Mozzarella is traditionally used, but you can experiment with other cheeses like feta, parmesan, or a blend of different cheeses. Just make sure to adjust the amount of cheese used based on the type you choose.

3. How long should I bake my mini pesto pizzas for?

The baking time for mini pesto pizzas will depend on the size of your pizzas and your oven. In general, they should be baked for about 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned. Keep an eye on them while they bake to ensure they don't burn.

4. Can I make mini pesto pizzas in advance?

Yes, you can make mini pesto pizzas in advance. After assembling the pizzas, you can cover them and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes before baking. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.

5. How can I prevent my mini pesto pizzas from getting soggy?

To prevent your mini pesto pizzas from getting soggy, make sure to fully drain and pat dry any vegetables or cooked meats before adding them as toppings. You can also lightly pre-bake the pizza crust before adding toppings to help create a barrier against moisture. Lastly, avoid adding too much sauce or toppings, as this can weigh down the crust and make it soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Smashie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heather9892
Replies