• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coating Coming Off My Mini-Muffin Pan: Common? Prevention?

In summary, the guest is having an issue with the coating on her mini-muffin pan coming off when she washes it in warm, soapy water. She loves using the pan to make mini-muffins for her daughters and is wondering if this is a common problem and if there is any way to prevent it. Other users of the pan do not seem to have the same issue, and it is suggested that the guest may have accidentally put the pan in the dishwasher. It is also mentioned that if the pan is still under warranty, an adjustment can be made. Some users have also had positive experiences with the company's customer service.
beepampered
Guest asked " I already own the mini-muffin pan, but the coating has suddenly come away from the pan each time I wash it in warm, soapy water. I love this pan as I make mini-muffins in it all the time for my girls for breakfast. " Is this common? Any prevention. Thanks....

If it's within the warranty period do an adjustment.

beepampered said:
Is this common? Any prevention. Thanks....

I would have to say no this isn't common. I use mine all the time and haven't had any problems. Maybe she put it in the dishwasher by mistake, I don't know if that would cause that or not. I only hand wash mine. As Beth has said if it's still under warranty do an adjustment for her.

rennea said:
I would have to say no this isn't common. I use mine all the time and haven't had any problems. Maybe she put it in the dishwasher by mistake, I don't know if that would cause that or not. I only hand wash mine. As Beth has said if it's still under warranty do an adjustment for her.
I 2nd that one. Mine is like 7-8 years old and still works and looks great! I shouldn't admit this, but I've even run it through the dishwasher a few times.

yeah, my first reaction was that she put it in the dishwasher. I've had mine for some time and it still looks new

Wait a minute ... you're not supposed to put it in the dishwasher?I've run mine through several times and never had a problem with it!

I have 2 (only hand washed) and both look brand new. I use them frequently.

I have put mine in the DW a bunch of times and it still looks new.

Yes ... do an adjustment ... I just got off the phone with them to return something in my kit (my silicone basting brush smelled like garlic no matter what I did.) They are sending me a NEW one and I don't even have to return the old one. They are wonderful!

What causes the coating to come off my mini-muffin pan?

The most common cause of the coating coming off is using metal utensils to remove baked goods from the pan. This can scratch and damage the coating, causing it to peel off.

How can I prevent the coating from coming off my mini-muffin pan?

To prevent the coating from coming off, avoid using metal utensils and instead use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils. These are gentler on the coating and less likely to cause damage.

Can I still use my mini-muffin pan if the coating has come off?

It is not recommended to use the pan if the coating has come off. The coating helps with non-stick properties and without it, your baked goods may stick to the pan and be difficult to remove.

Is there a way to restore the coating on my mini-muffin pan?

Unfortunately, once the coating has come off, it cannot be restored. It is important to take proper care of your pan to prevent this from happening.

Are there any other tips for preventing the coating from coming off my mini-muffin pan?

In addition to using non-metal utensils, it is also important to properly clean and dry your pan after each use. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can also damage the coating. Storing the pan in a cool, dry place can also help prolong the life of the coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
  • mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • etteluap70PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies