• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Pumpkin Pies in a Mini Muffin Pan - Have You Tried it Yet?

In summary, the Wadegirl suggests filling uncooked pie crusts with pie filling and baking them in a mini muffin pan. She suggests pre-baking the crusts slightly before baking. The Wadegirl also suggests using a paintbrush to decorate the pies. The bakerella mini pumpkin bites are simple to make and a big hit.
ChefPaulaB
Has anyone ever made mini pumpkin pies in the MMP? Just thinking that it would be really good... Didn't see any recipes in the files, any thoughts? I am so getting into all of the fall/winter cooking and baking... I love summer and grilling, but right about now I start remember all of the great recipes that I don't make all summer long and start wanting to make them all!

I have done them before. Just take a pillsbury pie crust and cut out circles with the Measure all Cup. Press each one in the well of the MMP and fill with pie filling. I have also done apple by chopping up the apple pie filling and then filling the crust. You can do pretty decorations with the small shape cutters with the left over crust too.

Wow - too weird. Just this morning I was going to start a thread on this too!!

I also found that website with the mini-pies. Very cute.

Wadesgirl...do you just fill uncooked pie crust with the filling and then bake - or did you pre-bake the crusts slightly before? Also, what temp/time?

Thanks!

kam said:

Wadesgirl...do you just fill uncooked pie crust with the filling and then bake - or did you pre-bake the crusts slightly before? Also, what temp/time?

Thanks!

Nope, everything went in the oven at the same time. I don't remember temp or time. I'm notorious for baking almost everything at either 350 or 400 but I probably went off the back of the box for the temp. I just cooked them until they were done.

kam said:

Thanks!

I do remember that thread now that you showed it to me again! I look at so many recipes all the time I can never remember where I see them when I decide that I want to make something! Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome idea for the mini muffin pan pumpkin pies!! How long would you bake them?

I just made mini muffin pies. The mixture is with eggs, so you need to cook for about 25 30 minutes, I think I shaved 10 minutes off of the normal pie directions.

thank you very much for this idea.

I made the bakerella pumpkin bites. They are pretty simple - unless you try decorating. She must of used a paint brush or something. I could not make the faces, so I just drizzeled them on instead.

I tried the bakerella pumpkin pies last night. I used the mini-measure all to cut out the circles of pastry dough. I put a dollop of the frosting mixtured used in the mini carrot cake cups on top of the mini pumpkin pies. They were a huge hit!! I will definitely be making these again.

I made the ones from bakerella at my first show. They are good. I filled my easy accent decorator with cool whip and squirted it on top. Yummy!!!

Had anyone tried the PC pumin shaped cookie cutter for this?

I used the pumpkin cookie cutter that was in the sets we got in surprise boxes and NC. Seemed just a little big, and could have been "rounder", but cute nonethless! (I think the creative cutters pumpkin would be way too small.) BTW--they were yummy and a big hit. I'm making them for a show on Thurs. Think I'll skip the putting faces on, and just use EAD with Cool Whip.

straitfan said:
I used the pumpkin cookie cutter that was in the sets we got in surprise boxes and NC. Seemed just a little big, and could have been "rounder", but cute nonethless!

(I think the creative cutters pumpkin would be way too small.)
BTW--they were yummy and a big hit. I'm making them for a show on Thurs. Think I'll skip the putting faces on, and just use EAD with Cool Whip.

Thanks! That's what I was wondering. I am sure that the little pies will be just fine! Of course, the pumpkin shape would be adorable, but I'm not too worried about that!

I made these yesterday and they were fabulous!!! A huge hit, and pretty easy!

AJPratt said:
Had anyone tried the PC pumin shaped cookie cutter for this?

You could possibly use it as a decorative top piece on the pies.

1. Can the Mini Muffin Pan Pumpkin Pies be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these mini pumpkin pies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

2. Can I use a regular muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin pan to make larger pumpkin pies, but the cooking time may vary. It is recommended to use the mini muffin pan for the best results.

3. What is the serving size for the Mini Muffin Pan Pumpkin Pies?

The serving size for these mini pumpkin pies is one pie per person. However, you can adjust the recipe to make more or less depending on your needs.

4. Can I use store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust for convenience, but homemade pie crust will result in a better taste and texture.

5. How long do I need to bake the Mini Muffin Pan Pumpkin Pies?

The mini pumpkin pies should be baked for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them towards the end to ensure they do not over-bake. The pies are done when the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• narfing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • ragschef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • pchockeymom