• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Muffin Pan Ideas: Beyond Muffins, CuPampered Chefakes & Tarts

In summary, the author recommends using the mini muffin pan to make Dutch Apple Mini Tarts and Pecan Pie Cookies.
Chef Ebby
Just wanted some new ideas for my mini muffin pan. I've done muffins, cupcakes, brownie cups and tarts (both sweet and savory). :confused:

Last edited:
lol...you certainly got my attention with your message :)

My favorite recipe is the Dutch Apple Mini Tarts. YUMMY!
Dutch Apple Mini Tarts

Ingredients:
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts

Apple Filling
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced and chopped (3 cups)

Topping
3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust into 12 x 10-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller(TM). Cut 12 circles from dough using Cut-N-Seal(TM). Press into Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining pie crust.

2. For apple filling, whisk cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Mix in egg until well blended. Stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth. Peel and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Chop into small pieces using Food Chopper. Stir into cream cheese mixture.

3. Fill prepared muffin cups with apple mixture, filling over top of pastry. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut in butter until forms coarse crumbs. Spoon over apple filling.

4. Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 148, Total Fat 10 g

Yummy! Some of my favorites are: Shrimp Wonton Cups (Celebrate Cookbook), Berries and Cream Wonton Cups (It's Good for You), Pecan Tassies, and pretty much any hot dip is good in them too. I've used it at kids' shows too and made the S'Mores Brownie Bites from Let's Eat. :D

Mini Pecan PiesThis is my 1st post. I am considering becoming a consultant. I just had a show last night. I LOVE the mini muffin pan. Here is my favorite...
Pecan Pie Cookies
1 c Butter or margarine
½ c Sugar
½ c Dark corn syrup
2 Eggs, separated
2½ c Unsifted all-purpose flour
Pecan Filling (recipe below)

Stir butter or margarine and sugar on low speed in large bowl of electric mixer. Add corn syrup and egg yolks; beat until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour gradually. Chill several hours.

Roll dough into small balls. Place each ball into a mini-muffin cup. Press down with mini-tart shaper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.

Again press each cup with the mini-tart shaper. Roll ½ teaspoon of the chilled Pecan Filling into a ball and place in the center of each cup. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes in pans. Remove; cool completely on rack. Makes about 48.

Pecan Filling
½ c Powdered sugar
¼ c Butter or margarine
3 Tbsp Dark corn syrup
½ c Chopped pecans

Combine sugar, butter or margarine and corn syrup in saucepan; stir to blend. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a full boil. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Chill.

I am trying to get ahold of the shrimp won ton recipe. Can someone share?
Thanks!

Hi there! I love using my mini muffin pan for all sorts of recipes. Here are a few ideas that you might want to try out:1. Mini quiches - these are perfect for breakfast or brunch, and you can fill them with all kinds of ingredients like bacon, cheese, vegetables, etc.2. Mini meatloaves - instead of making a big meatloaf, use your mini muffin pan to create individual portions. They cook faster and are great for meal prep.3. Mini frittatas - similar to the quiches, you can use your favorite frittata recipe and bake them in the mini muffin pan for cute and tasty bite-sized portions.4. Mini pizza bites - use wonton wrappers as the crust and fill them with your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in the mini muffin pan for a fun and easy snack.5. Mini apple pies - use pre-made pie crust and cut out circles to fit into the muffin pan. Fill with apple pie filling and bake for a delicious dessert.I hope these ideas inspire you to try something new with your mini muffin pan. Happy cooking!

1. What other types of recipes can I make in a mini muffin pan besides muffins?

There are countless options for using a mini muffin pan beyond traditional muffins. You can make mini cupcakes, tarts, quiches, meatballs, mac and cheese bites, and even mini pies. The possibilities are endless!

2. Can I use a mini muffin pan for savory dishes as well?

Yes, you can absolutely use a mini muffin pan for savory dishes. It's a great way to make bite-sized appetizers or side dishes for parties or potlucks. You can try recipes like mini spinach and feta quiches or mini chicken pot pies.

3. Are there any tips for using a mini muffin pan?

One important tip is to grease your pan well before adding the batter or dough. Since the cups are smaller, it can be harder to remove the finished product if the pan is not properly greased. You can also try using silicone mini muffin liners for easy removal.

4. Can I make gluten-free or dairy-free options in a mini muffin pan?

Yes, you can definitely make gluten-free or dairy-free options in a mini muffin pan. There are many recipes available using alternative flours and non-dairy ingredients. Just make sure to read the ingredients carefully and adjust as needed.

5. How can I clean my mini muffin pan?

To clean your mini muffin pan, let it cool completely before washing. You can soak it in warm, soapy water to loosen any baked-on bits. For tough stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the pan. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommylove_07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies