• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Margarita Tarts: Try Jennie's Refreshing Recipe!

In summary, the conversation was about a fundraiser show where the host shared a recipe for Mini Margarita Tarts that received rave reviews from guests. The recipe uses crushed pretzels and graham crackers for the crust, a mixture of margarita mix, condensed milk, and Cool Whip for the filling, and optional tequila and Triple Sec. The host also suggested using limeade as a substitute for the liquor. The tarts can be stored in the freezer before serving.
Jennie50
Hey, all! I had a fundraiser show on Friday night and wanted to share this recipe that the guests raved about. I was excited to give the new tart pans a try, and wanted to follow through on the idea of margarita pie that others on this forum had mentioned. I mixed several recipes I found online to create the following...

Mini Margarita Tarts
Jennie Rhinehart, Independent Pampered Chef Consultant

Ingredients:

Crust:
½ C pretzels, finely crushed
½ C graham crackers, finely crushed
¼ C powdered sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 Tablespoons Pampered Chef Itty Bitty Margarita Mix
2 Tablespoons Tequila (optional)
1 Tablespoon Triple Sec (optional)
8 oz Cool Whip
Several drops green food coloring
Lime for garnish, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the Mini Tart Pans and place on baking sheet. Use the Manual Food Processor to crush and combine the pretzels and graham crackers. Add powdered sugar and melted butter to the MFP and pump the handle until thoroughly combined. Divide the crust evenly between the six tart pans, and tamp the bottom and sides down firmly with the Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Remove tart pans from the baking sheet and let cool on Stackable Cooling Rack for 15 min, then pop the crusts out of the pans and cool completely.

While the crusts are baking, add the margarita mix and condensed milk to the medium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and use the Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk to combine. Add the liquor (if using) and food coloring, whisking until fully integrated. Use the Multi Scraper to fold in the Cool Whip. Put the lid on the mixing bowl and sit in the refrigerator to set up while the crusts are cooling. Then, load the barrel of the Easy Accent Decorator with the mixture and pipe into crusts, using the tip of your choice. Use the Simple Slicer to create thin slices of lime for garnish, and stand upright in the middle of each filled tart.

Cover the tarts and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMAG0657.jpg
    IMAG0657.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 592
Sounds yummy. If you don't use the liquor, do you substitute something else for the liquid or does it come out ok?

I've only just developed this recipe, so I haven't had a chance to play with variations yet. I assume that it would taste fine without the addition of alcohol. At some point, I might try to substitute a small amt of limeade or something for the liquor, but I think you could just omit it entirely.

1. How do I make the crust for the Mini Margarita Tarts?

To make the crust, you will need crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Mix the ingredients together and press the mixture into the mini tart pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and let cool before adding the filling.

2. Can I make these Mini Margarita Tarts in advance?

Yes, you can make the crust and filling ahead of time, but it is best to assemble the tarts right before serving to ensure the crust stays crispy.

3. How do I make the filling for the Mini Margarita Tarts?

The filling is made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime juice, and tequila. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. You can also add a few drops of green food coloring for a more vibrant color.

4. Can I substitute the tequila in this recipe?

If you prefer not to use alcohol, you can substitute the tequila with lime juice or a lime-flavored sparkling water. The tarts will still have a delicious margarita flavor without the alcohol.

5. How should I store the Mini Margarita Tarts?

The tarts can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, let them sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • natural