• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids in the Kitchen: Make a Mini Loaf Recipe

Ingredients:3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour1 cup sugar1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup vegetable shortening2 eggs1 cup buttermilk1 tablespoon orange juice1 tablespoon white vinegar1 teaspoon vanilla extractDirections:1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour mini loaf pan.2. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add eggs, buttermilk, orange juice, vinegar and vanilla extract; mix just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I am going to do a Kids in the Kitchen Holiday Party where each child makes their own Mini Loaf. Does anyone have a recipe for just mixing together one mini loaf? Like how much flour, etc.

I would recommend you make a basic meatloaf batch (2 lbs ground beef, s & p, bread crumbs, egg, etc) then have the kids chop up a bunch of things they'd like to put in their meatloaf-peppers, onion, broccoli, grated cheese, bacon- have ketchup and bbq sauce for them to chose from, then make it like a Meatloaf Bar. Tablespoon of each of the things they want to put in, use the large scoop to scoop out the basic meatloaf for them, then let them each add and mix up their individual meatloaf. I'd use the stoneware cupcake pan to (make a chart of who's meatloaf is where!) and bake for about 15 minutes at 425.

Sorry, I was talking about each child making their own mini BREAD loaf of some kind. Really wanted each child to mix their own mix - measure out flour, etc.

WOW! Totally read your post wrong!

Here's a recipe from the mini loaf stoneware pan:

Glazed Cranberry Orange Loaves

Bread Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
1 orange
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup dried cranberries
Additional pecan halves (optional)

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Mini Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Chop pecans using Food Chopper; add to batter bowl. Mix well and set aside.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted. Zest orange to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice orange to measure 1/4 cup juice. Add zest, juice, eggs and milk to butter in batter bowl; whisk until combined. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Gently stir cranberries into batter.

3. Fill each cavity of loaf pan with about 1 cup batter. Top batter with additional pecan halves, if desired. Bake 40-45 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center of loaves comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pan; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool completely. Yield: 4 mini loaves (4 servings per loaf)

4. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle evenly over cooled loaves.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 2 g

© 2012 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not making myself clear. I want a recipe for ONE mini loaf. I can't find anything online either. I want each child to mix their own and pour it in an individual well. I'll probably just change it to something in the prep bowl.

Maybe find a full-loaf recipe and halve it? quarter it?

Make a batch of the artisan bread a day before, section it after it has risen a first time into a portion for each child, let them [wash hands and] add ingredients to it, then set aside to rise while you do another activity, then bake 20-22 mins and enjoy!Cheese, cubed root vegetables, garlic, olives, maybe fresh herbs, a bit of our seasoning or rub, seeds for the top

How about mini monkey bread loaves? Easy enough. cut refrigerated biscuits into fourths, dip in melted butter, roll in cinnamon/sugar, place in loaf pan, bake.

Or have the kids work in pairs and divide the Orange Cranberry recipe ingredients in half and have each team mix it up together.

Either taking a recipe and quarter it down so each child can do their own size, or if you have a recipe that makes one regular size loaf, divide it in half (not sure whether half or quarters would be appropriate when downsizing to the mini loaf pan.) or the monkey bread recipe idea.....both of those sound like great ideas to me.PC also had this recipe online specifically for the mini loaf pan. No measurement adjustments required.
Cinnamn Swirl Bread

1. Can kids of all ages participate in making a mini loaf recipe?

Yes, kids of all ages can get involved in making a mini loaf recipe. Younger children can help with simple tasks like measuring ingredients and stirring, while older children can assist with more complex tasks like cracking eggs and using a knife under adult supervision.

2. What ingredients are needed to make a mini loaf recipe with kids?

The ingredients needed for a mini loaf recipe will vary depending on the specific recipe, but some common ingredients include flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, and oil. You can also add in different mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to make the recipe more fun for kids.

3. Are there any safety precautions to take when cooking with kids?

Yes, it is important to take safety precautions when cooking with kids. Make sure to supervise them at all times, especially when using sharp objects like knives or using the oven. Teach them proper hand-washing and food safety practices, and make sure to keep hot surfaces and appliances out of their reach.

4. Can we use different types of mini loaf pans for this recipe?

Yes, you can use different types of mini loaf pans for this recipe, such as silicone, metal, or paper. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as different types of pans may affect the cooking time.

5. How can we get creative with decorating our mini loaves?

There are many ways to get creative with decorating mini loaves! You can use frosting, glaze, or powdered sugar to top the loaves, or add in fun ingredients like sprinkles or food coloring to make them more colorful. You can also use cookie cutters to create fun shapes, or add a personalized touch with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkle of your child's favorite toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • gothim0802
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
linojackie
Replies
Views
rlombas