• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots???

In summary, to make Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots, you will need a package of chocolate cake mix, a package of chocolate pudding mix, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, mini flower pots, and chocolate chips. It is recommended to use mini flower pots for the perfect individual serving size. Before baking, the flower pots should be washed and lightly greased. The baking time for Mini Lava Cakes is typically 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The batter can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. However, it should be brought to room temperature before baking.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
A good friend is hosting a party next month - she told me about another PC she went to where the consultant made mini lava cakes in little flower pots - anyone heard of this??

I have 20 terra cotta flower pots (2-3") that I coated with canola oil using the basting brush about 3-4 times (once a day for 3-4 days) then I bake chocolate cakes in them. I just used a cake mix. Then I put chocolate icing on them (leave them in the terra cotta pots), sprinkle the icing with crushed Oreos, and then put a stem of fresh mint in "the dirt" and they look like little starter plants.

I have used the pots about 6 different times - I spray them with Baker's Joy now that they are seasoned. I only did the 3-4 coats of oil the first time.

I got the idea and directions from Martha Stewart's magazine "Living" about 5 years ago.

I would think the lava cakes would work just fine.

Maybe so but what product does that sell? We don't sell recipes (well we do but...) we sell products. There are tons of fun things we can do and great tips about the uses of our products that we can share at parties.

1. What are the ingredients needed to make Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots?

To make Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 package of chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 12 mini flower pots (4 oz. size)
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips

2. Can I use regular sized flower pots instead of mini ones?

We recommend using mini flower pots for this recipe as they are the perfect size for individual servings. If you use regular sized flower pots, the cooking time and temperature may need to be adjusted.

3. How do I prepare the flower pots before baking the Mini Lava Cakes?

Before using the flower pots, make sure to wash them thoroughly with soap and water. Then, lightly grease the inside of each pot with cooking spray or butter to prevent the cakes from sticking.

4. How long do Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots need to bake?

The baking time for Mini Lava Cakes will depend on your oven, but typically they will need to bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cake - if it comes out clean, they are ready.

5. Can I make Mini Lava Cakes in Little Flower Pots ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter for Mini Lava Cakes ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, make sure to bring the batter to room temperature before filling the flower pots and baking them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
Replies