• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brie vs Ham Puffs: Show Recipe Showdown!

In summary, the recipe is easy to follow and good. Some people like them with cheddar cheese while others prefer swiss. The recipe can be made ahead and the puffs are good when warm.
cookinkate
What is everyon's take on this recipe? Have you done it at a show or made them at home? Do you think it is a good show recipe? I am planning on doing an app this week and am giving some options. I am pushing the brie because I have read great reviews on it but thought the Ham Puffs might be good too.

The ham puffs are really good!! I have a couple of hosts who make 2 batches of these for extra food when they have a show! I've made them for a show, but they don't really show a ton of products (or many higher priced ones). But they are a fantastic second recipe. You can make the filling ahead of time in the small batter bowl. They are really great if the host wants appetizer ideas that are quick & easy.

Weird!! My hosts wants me to make these tonight!! So I am and I've never made them before. I'll let you know how it goes!!

These are very good. Very easy and tasty! I think the recipe calls for either cheddar or swiss cheese - I used Swiss Cheese. Has anyone tried them with the cheddar?

kam said:
These are very good. Very easy and tasty! I think the recipe calls for either cheddar or swiss cheese - I used Swiss Cheese. Has anyone tried them with the cheddar?

I've made them both ways - and I like them better with Swiss......but I know not everyone likes Swiss Cheese.

I have made this recipe for years and instead of using the muffin pan I use the rectangle or bar pan stone and make it as a big pizza and then cut into small squares. Very easy and good.
Crystal

I had a host who made these as an extra .. and she added spinach ... they went from very good to fantastic!!!!!!!!

Can someone post the recipe please?

dannyzmom said:
Can someone post the recipe please?

It's either the very first or one of the first recipes in All the Best.

I almost always make mine with cheddar. Sometimes I use turkey instead. Love the spinach idea!!

Here you go Carolyn!

MINI HAM PUFFS

1 package (2.5 ounces) processed ham
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Finely chop ham and onion using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cheese, egg, parsley, mustard and black pepper; mix well.
2.Unroll crescent dough and press into one large rectangle. Cut dough into 24 squares using Pizza Cutter. Press one square of dough into each muffin cup using lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper.
3.Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a scant scoop of ham mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown. Remove from pan; serve immediately.

24 appetizers

Let me tell you . My host and her hubby LOVE, I mean absolutely LOVE our spices. So, to help me sell them they made a HUGE dinner including pork, chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, 2 cheesecakes and other foods! i know, I couldn't believe it. THey had recipe cards in front of the meat telling what it was and what spices they had used. I'm hoping one of them will sign but we'll see!

Anyway, they had so much food and I wanted my 17+ guests to eat while it was still warm so after intros I had them all get up and eat. While they were eating, I did the ham puffs. So, they weren't too hungry by the time I did my demo but the people who did eat them said they were good. I left with $832 in sales!! YEs! I'm so happy! I'm now more than halfway to level 1!~

Good LUck! I also used the cheddar cheese.

ChefBeckyD said:
Here you go Carolyn!

MINI HAM PUFFS

1 package (2.5 ounces) processed ham
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Finely chop ham and onion using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cheese, egg, parsley, mustard and black pepper; mix well.
2.Unroll crescent dough and press into one large rectangle. Cut dough into 24 squares using Pizza Cutter. Press one square of dough into each muffin cup using lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper.
3.Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a scant scoop of ham mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown. Remove from pan; serve immediately.

24 appetizers

Thanks Becky D!!
I am off to do my thrid show of the weekend...and then collapse :p

What is the recipe for Brie vs Ham Puffs?

The recipe for Brie vs Ham Puffs is as follows:

• 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
  • 4 oz brie cheese, cut into small pieces
  • 4 oz thinly sliced ham
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into small squares. Place a piece of brie and ham on each square. Fold the corners of the pastry up and pinch to seal. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer. Cheddar, gouda, or even cream cheese would all work well in this recipe.

Can I make these puffs ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the puffs ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the puffs are cold when placed in the oven.

What can I serve with Brie vs Ham Puffs?

These puffs make a great appetizer or snack on their own. They can also be served with a side of honey mustard or cranberry sauce for dipping. For a more filling meal, pair them with a salad or soup.

Can I freeze Brie vs Ham Puffs?

Yes, you can freeze these puffs after they have been baked and cooled. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. To reheat, place in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • elizabethfox
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef