• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Cake and Pumpkin Recipe for Mini Fluted Pans - Filling Tips

In summary, someone suggested a recipe with Spice Cake and Pumpkin. Anyone know where that recipe is?
Kathytnt
Someone suggested a recipe with Spice Cake and Pumpkin - ANyone know where that recipe is??

How much do you fill these pans - last thing I cooked went way up the sides

Kathytnt said:
Someone suggested a recipe with Spice Cake and Pumpkin - ANyone know where that recipe is??

How much do you fill these pans - last thing I cooked went way up the sides

1 box spice cake mix
1 15oz can pumpkin

I would divide the mixture evenly into each one.

Last edited:
The only can of pumpkin I could find was 29 oz and they only had one box of Spice Cake mix

hmmmm

Kathytnt said:
The only can of pumpkin I could find was 29 oz and they only had one box of Spice Cake mix

hmmmm

Use half the can & save the rest to make a pumpkin bread.

Spice CakeIf you want the recipe from the Large Fluted Stoneware Pan then you would use
1 Box Spice Cake MIx
15 oz can pumpkin
3 eggs

Then you would divide evenly amongst the mini fluted pan. I would fill up the cake pan almost to the top. Maybe 3/4 of the way if you said you had an overflow last time. How far did you fill them last time?

I hope that helps and I have attached a file that I found here on this website. Hope it helps.
Debbie :D

Attachments

• mini fluted pan recipes.doc
    32 KB · Views: 669
I make this recipe in the mini fluted pan all the time!! I ussally get a few orders for the stone at every show I take them to!! Here is how I do it:
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz can of SOLID PACK pumpkin
(the 29 oz can is pumpkin pie mix you do not want this!!)
3 eggs
1 can of store bought cream cheese icing

just mix the cake mix pumpkin and eggs together and divied it evenly in the 6 mini fluted sections(make sure you spray the sections well with pam) I bake it at 350 for about 20-25 min. let sit for about 10 min. and turn the pan over on a piece of wax paper or something. let them cool warm the icing in the mic for 20 sec. and drizzel over the cakes

I have also done meatloves in the pan and scooped mashed potatoes on top and corn on top of that it looked like a volcano my kids loved it!!!

good luck!!
Heather

That's the way my 15yr old made her cakes in the mini. Turned out AWESOME! Then she drizzled some heated orange colored frosting on top (just nuke the canned stuff in a prep bowl), cut a spearmint leaf candy in half and put the halves side by side, and warmed a small tootsie roll just enough to be able to twist it into the shape of a stem (attached it with a little extra frosting that she hadn't melted right in that little divit). They were ADORABLE!

She's also made the little cakes that come on the recipe that come with the mini fluted pan. Those were also a big hit. :D

question for GingerHave you made the cake using only mix and pumpkin, no eggs? I know you can substitute oil/butter for pureed fruit and veggies.

I've done it everytime without the eggs. They taste great. Not sure why you would need the eggs - I've never heard it that way. I got mine from WW over a year ago.
Joanne

I just put a batch of these in the oven, and I'm a little concerned. The batter seems VERY thick for cake batter, and I'm wondering if I should have added some water too. Oh well, I guess we'll see how they come out!

Morvin said:
I make this recipe in the mini fluted pan all the time!! I ussally get a few orders for the stone at every show I take them to!! Here is how I do it:
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz can of SOLID PACK pumpkin
(the 29 oz can is pumpkin pie mix you do not want this!!)
3 eggs
1 can of store bought cream cheese icing

just mix the cake mix pumpkin and eggs together and divied it evenly in the 6 mini fluted sections(make sure you spray the sections well with pam) I bake it at 350 for about 20-25 min. let sit for about 10 min. and turn the pan over on a piece of wax paper or something. let them cool warm the icing in the mic for 20 sec. and drizzel over the cakes

I have also done meatloves in the pan and scooped mashed potatoes on top and corn on top of that it looked like a volcano my kids loved it!!!

good luck!!
Heather

Love that meatloaf volcano idea, will have to try this later this week : )
I cook meatloaf in/on all my stones. Its great for helping with those initial seasoning times.

pamperedinAlaska said:
Have you made the cake using only mix and pumpkin, no eggs? I know you can substitute oil/butter for pureed fruit and veggies.

YES...I have made this cake with just the mix & the pumpkin & it came out Wonderful!!!

Last edited:
That's great...my chickens stopped laying for the winter!

Anyone have a mini-fluted flyer that includes info and possibly the picture of the poinsettia???

Here is the picture that is on our PWS now. It is listed under the holiday recipes. I don't have a mini-fluted pan flyer.

HTH,

Attachments

• holiday-poinsettia-mini-fluted-cakes.jpg
    holiday-poinsettia-mini-fluted-cakes.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,134
Thanks to the person who posted the recipe with the three eggs. I had only Carrot cake mix in my cupboard, a week ago, and used that with the pumpkin, and the 3 eggs. It was marvelous. Color was orangy, and cake nice and moist. I did a party on Sunday for 6 teens and their five Moms. We had a Pumpkin cake decorating party with three winners, voted on by two outside judges. The three winners got PC products, and to keep their cakes to take home. The other cakes were served as our refreshments. I have a photo of the girls on my website under news. But hope I can attach it here for all of you to see.

Last edited:

What is the Mini Fluted Pan made of?

The Mini Fluted Pan is made of heavy-duty carbon steel, which provides even heat distribution and durability for long-lasting use.

What are the dimensions of the Mini Fluted Pan?

The Mini Fluted Pan measures 9 inches in diameter and 1 inch in depth, making it the perfect size for individual servings or mini desserts.

Is the Mini Fluted Pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mini Fluted Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is recommended to preserve the non-stick coating.

Can the Mini Fluted Pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the Mini Fluted Pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it suitable for a variety of baking needs.

What types of recipes can I make with the Mini Fluted Pan?

The Mini Fluted Pan is perfect for creating individual-sized cakes, quiches, tarts, and other desserts. It can also be used for savory dishes such as mini meatloaves or individual egg bakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
  • frozenchef