• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy-and-Me Show: Mini Fluted Cake Decorating Ideas

In summary, Julie Myers is doing a Mommy-and-Me Show next month and the girls would like to decorate mini fluted cakes. Julie suggests using the deluxe cheese grater, and grate chocolate over the top when decorated; using the flour/sugar shaker with confect sugar to sprinkle over the top; may be ziplock baggies filled with icing and closed with a twixit clip (like a pastry bag) to drizzle or pipe chocolate or other icings on the mini cakes;
pcjulie
I'm doing a Mommy-and-Me Show next month and the girls would like to decorate mini fluted cakes. (I thought maybe they can decorate while I talk to the moms a bit.) What ideas do you have for products the kids can use to decorate. I'm thinking EAD, Prep Bowls, Spreaders. Anything else? Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

use the deluxe cheese grater, and grate chocolate over the top when decorated

Use the flour/sugar shaker with confect sugar to sprinkle over the top.

May be ziplock baggies filled with icing and closed with a twixit clip (like a pastry bag) to drizzle or pipe chocolate or other icings on the mini cakes.

i dont think this would show products but would be fun....how about candies and sprinkles? like skittles, m&m's, etc.? my kids love decorating things using this stuff. they make faces and such....good luck

What aboutHow about, letting the girls decorate the cakes, while you demo a salad, ring, or Fiesta Sandwich? Then you will be able to have a demo that will show lots of products to the mom's and the girls will still be entertained.

The Fiesta Ring Sandwich is one of my very favorite PC recipes. The jalepeno and garlic in the mayo are to die for!

I made that at my very first kitchen show and got tons of compliments on it. i didnt try it because i dont eat any kind of food that has spice to it. makes me very sick..but word of mouth travels and they loved it. thinking about making it at our next church luncheon.

Monica,

I have made the recipe without the jalapenos at one show. Once of the guests was allergic so I left it out. It was still very yummy. Maybe make half with and half w/o, then you can eat too!

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I think I'll have the group break up into 2 groups and have one do an appetizer or sandwich (I love the Fiesta Sandwich ring, too!) and the other do a dessert. While things are baking the girls can decorate their cakes to take home and I can talk to the moms about cookware, stoneware, benefits, and whatever else I can squeeze into that time! I hope she gets enough people there. I spoke to her last night and she invited 7 girls and their moms, and another 10 people. We'll see!

Fiesta Ring SandwichWould any of you be willing to share the recipe? Sounds yummy so far!

Thanks!

I cannot find the recipe on the PC site, but I believe it was in Spring/Summer 2005 SB if you have it. If not, I know I have it at home and will post tonight.

Don't have it...thank you, not in a hurry, so whenever you have time would be great!!!

Mommy and me show ideasJust some ideas of things I did at my mommy and me show. I had 8 moms and their daughters (11 daughters total). I made some yummy small cakes in the prep bowl set that I had each daughter decorate with EAD (each girl got a shot of whipped cream), some different color icing writers, sprinkles, and M&M's we chopped with the food chopper.
I had some PB&J sandwiches ready on another table with the cut and seal. And ham and cheese also.
I demonstrated the Classic deli wraps which were easy and delicious. I also made the doll cake before the show started to show off to the moms and daughters. I make this cake so much for my daughter and her friends I could make it in my sleep. I let the girls and moms help make the food and then as they ate I talked about all the features of stoneware, cookware, and some of the "most popular" PC items which are my favorite items!! And then I mentioned that if the girls and their mothers hosted their own show or gathered at least $200 in orders for me from friends and family I would be glad to give them the batter bowl plus ingredients to make the doll cake over and over again. If they hosted a show, which two did, I got much more than $150 in sales. If they chose only to collect orders for me I explained I would make it a catalog show and use the free $10 towards the bowl plus my own ingredients (instructions come with the bowl) for the cake. Or they could use their $10 towards anything they wanted instead, but the two catalog shows wanted the bowls plus sold enough to get much more. I had two catalog shows and two kitchen shows. I love how kids pressure their parents into things so I don't have to!! Those lovely little ladies, I hope, will be PC consultants one day!
Debbie

1. What is the "Mommy-and-Me Show: Mini Fluted Cake Decorating Ideas" event?

The "Mommy-and-Me Show: Mini Fluted Cake Decorating Ideas" is a fun and interactive event hosted by Pampered Chef for mothers and their children to learn how to decorate mini fluted cakes using various techniques and tools.

2. How long does the event last?

The event typically lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group and how quickly everyone learns and completes the decorating activities.

3. Do I need to have any prior baking or decorating experience to attend?

No prior experience is necessary! Our event is designed for all skill levels, so whether you're a beginner or an experienced baker, you and your child can learn something new and have fun together.

4. What is included in the event fee?

The event fee includes all materials and tools needed for the cake decorating, as well as a variety of mini cakes for you and your child to decorate and take home. You will also receive a recipe booklet with step-by-step instructions and decorating ideas.

5. Are there any age restrictions for the event?

Our event is open to mothers and children of all ages, but we recommend a minimum age of 5 years old to fully participate in the decorating activities. Younger children are welcome to attend and observe with parental supervision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows