• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using mini catalogs as invitations for your parties?

In summary, John's results show that using a mini catalog as an invitation is a great way to increase attendance and show sales. Pat recommends doing it as soon as possible to maximize results.
pkd09
Silver Member
Who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick!

With all the information we have received about using the mini catalogs as invitations I didn't do it until about 3 months ago. I decided to take the plunge and mail out the invitations for my hosts using the mini catalog.

Is all I have to say is DO IT!!!! It is an added expense and time but let me tell you it has been sooooo worth it. I ask the host to mail their list to me or email it to me. Most email it.

My result.....the attendance is way up and show sales are way up! People really love getting that little catalog. Even my hosts are surprised when she gets a room full of people.

So take it from me.....do not delay in doing this. I may be an "old dog" but I am still learning a few new tricks....well, sooner or late :)

Pat I too was reluctant to do this just because of the added expense. But I started doing it after NC and all I can say is WOW! I had one party at the end of July where I mailed out about 42 invited. This lady got about half of what we sent out to come to the party. The other half decided they could not make it and we asked about a different date. This group was about 10 so we actually closed the July Party and I re-booked the same host for two weeks later! Her total orders was over $1000! And because I re-booked and did another party, she got not only the July Host Specials but the August ones as well! I was just lucky that she had the time to do two! I asked what brought them to the party and most came because of the mini. It peaked their interest in some products and they decided to come, place an order and have some fun. The same held true for every party I had after that. I did a last minute party in October. We had exactly 8 days to do invites. I got them sent out and the host and her daughter made phone calls. Well the night of the party, we had 14 people sitting int hat living room! Why? Because of the new products they saw in the mini! These were all people who had already been to 2 parties this year prior to this October party! But because they could see the new stuff, it got their interest! I say DO IT and DO IT EVERY TIME! We started out thinking it would be about $150 to $200 in sales if I added some orders to it. It ended up being about $350 without my adding anything and I was able to put those other orders on the second party needed in October to get the cookbook! And I got those too by mailing out about 20 of the minis arbitrarily to my best customers! So it was actually a Mini-Catalog Party!

John, oh how true. I could slap myself for not doing this sooner. Show average is WAY up and guest attendance is WAY up. I just walked away from my second show in one week with over $1000 in sales before closing. I had not had a $1000 show for quite some time before doing this. I, too, dragged my feet because of added expense but it has been beyond worth the time and money.

I've been mailing out invitations for about 7.5 years.

I tried for 7 years to convince my director that she should do it. This past June, she had 10 shows booked, and 8 canceled - all last minute. That's when she decided to mail out invites...and now she says the same thing about kicking herself for waiting so long to do it.

For a couple years, I did a full page invite, or a postcard, in an envelope w/ a mini catalog along with it. Now, I just use the templete from PC for the mini catalog invitation, and send those in an envelope. LOVE this!:thumbup:

I truly am in shock as to how much my business sales & attendance improved. Everyone loves getting that little catalog.

I'm SOLD! Can't wait for my next show!!! Thanks for sharing such an awesome tip:chef:

I do it as well. I don't even use an envelope. I use return address labels that give information on how to order from the host's show and lets the guests know they receive a gift when they bring a friend. I stick that on the opposite side from the template label so that both sides are stuck together and don't shred in the mail.
It makes SUCH a difference!

I'm undecided if I should do this again or not. I had some great results with some shows by doing this, but other shows still flopped. I had some hosts who gave me huge lists and then still got 0 people saying they were coming and it turned into a catty show. I have had some hosts only give me 20 names and wouldn't add any more, even after I encouraged them to go through the 50 in 5 minutes thing.I'm starting to get really discouraged with my business right now. I've had so many shows cancel or have terrible attendance. So I might need to try this again.

babywings76 said:
I'm undecided if I should do this again or not. I had some great results with some shows by doing this, but other shows still flopped. I had some hosts who gave me huge lists and then still got 0 people saying they were coming and it turned into a catty show. I have had some hosts only give me 20 names and wouldn't add any more, even after I encouraged them to go through the 50 in 5 minutes thing.

I'm starting to get really discouraged with my business right now. I've had so many shows cancel or have terrible attendance. So I might need to try this again.

I need some shows!! I have been having a difficult time with people just saying no right off the bat. People LOVE The Pampered Chef at parties and even comment on how there is tons more stuff they want...why can I not 'seal the deal' with these customers??? I'm getting frustrated too!!! Help :cool:

What are Mini Catalogs as Invitations?

Mini Catalogs as Invitations are a unique and stylish way to invite friends and family to a Pampered Chef party. These mini catalogs feature a selection of our top-selling products and can be personalized with your party details.

How do I order Mini Catalogs as Invitations?

You can order Mini Catalogs as Invitations through your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and assist you in customizing your invitations.

What is the cost for Mini Catalogs as Invitations?

The cost for Mini Catalogs as Invitations varies depending on the quantity ordered. Your consultant will be able to provide you with a price quote based on your specific needs.

Can I include my own message or design on the Mini Catalogs?

Yes, you can personalize the Mini Catalogs with your own message and design. Your consultant can work with you to create a custom invitation that fits your theme or event.

How soon will I receive my Mini Catalogs as Invitations?

The production time for Mini Catalogs as Invitations is typically 2-3 weeks. However, if you need them sooner, your consultant may be able to expedite the process for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc ri lisa
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
Replies