• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope

and tape it shut.How do you get the free shipping and discount with Office Depot?I send mine without, never got any back, so I don't know of any problems... it's just one less thing I have to pay for. I use a small lable on front saying "you're invited" or something similar depending on what kind of party it is, and the mini-cat label... and tape it shut.
AJPratt
Silver Member
When you send out your mini catalog invites, do you place them in an envelope, or just seal them and send with label on them?

I don't trust our postal service so I will spend the little bit of extra money to insure that my invites have a better chance of getting there correctly. If you buy envelopes from Office Depot through CC, you can have free shipping and they are at a discount. I then use the Merrill round labels to seal them with.

An enevelope detracts from the impact of the mailing. Instead, I add a label to the front "Party at Megan's Saturday and you're invited - see back for details"

I did them in envelopes for a bit, but I ran out, so I was debating running to the store or just letting 'em rip. Thanks, Wades Girl & Scott! I think I will try my luck. I'll be sure to tape them closed.

In an envelope with a full page invite. I address the envelope with a bright colored ink.

In an envelope. I had problems with them being ripped & torn, and sometimes not delivered when I just mailed them as is. Also - if it's in an envelope and hand-addressed, it's more personal than just getting another catalog or advertising piece in the mail, and if I want to put in anything extra (like the flyer for the Cool & Serve this summer) I can without any problem.

What size envelopes do you use for the mini-catalogs?

Mystik said:
What size envelopes do you use for the mini-catalogs?

I use the #10 envelopes.

one problem I had with the envelopes was people didn't bother to open them thinking it was junk/spam tpe mail so I recomend that for the return address using the host name or putting a lable or sticker or soemthing that says you're invited to draw more attention to it

I print my envelopes with addresses on the computer in colored ink. I put the host as the return addess and in the lower left hand corner, I print something like "It's PC PARTY TIME see the great mini catalog enclosed" or something catchy to get their interest. I've had several shows where guests come in carrying their mini with their wish list made out and I get great feedback from it. I get too many things mangled in my own mail that I just don't dare risk it with the invites.

quiverfull7 said:
I print my envelopes with addresses on the computer in colored ink. I put the host as the return addess and in the lower left hand corner, I print something like "It's PC PARTY TIME see the great mini catalog enclosed" or something catchy to get their interest. I've had several shows where guests come in carrying their mini with their wish list made out and I get great feedback from it. I get too many things mangled in my own mail that I just don't dare risk it with the invites.

When you say they come with their wish list made out, do you mail some sort of wish list with the invite? Is so, can you share what wish list you use?

No list mailed... just their own paper list of new and exciting things that they saw ahead of time in the mini cat. I am in the process of deciding what to use as a wish list AT my shows though. Gonna start a new thread to hear what y'all do with that.

Thanks, everyone. I sent out 55 invites for the show without an envelope, so we shall see. When I use the minis I notice some people bring them to shows with the items circled in it and asking questions. Pretty cool!

AJPratt said:
I did them in envelopes for a bit, but I ran out, so I was debating running to the store or just letting 'em rip. Thanks, Wades Girl & Scott! I think I will try my luck. I'll be sure to tape them closed.

Don't run any where if you have a couple days (I know in this case you didn't), order through Office Depot and they deliver for FREE!

wadesgirl said:
Don't run any where if you have a couple days (I know in this case you didn't), order through Office Depot and they deliver for FREE!

How do you get the free shipping and discount with Office Depot?

I send mine without, never got any back, so I don't know of any problems... it's just one less thing I have to pay for. I use a small lable on front saying "you're invited" or something similar depending on what kind of party it is, and the mini-cat label filled out on the back. I can see both sides saying people might think it's just solicitation or junk mail, I never thought of that, but I also make sure the host calls 1-2 days after I mail to let people know the invite is coming!

1PamperedMommy said:
How do you get the free shipping and discount with Office Depot?

If you go through CC to Pampered Perks you can register on Office Depot's website. We get a discount on some products and free shipping! I don't know why I didn't discover this sooner, no more running to the store for me!

AJPratt said:
When you send out your mini catalog invites, do you place them in an envelope, or just seal them and send with label on them?

My postman told me that they get caught in the machines and can come damaged to my clients. He showed me where on the minis to put tape to avoid this possibility. It was too much work. So envelope it is.

lockhartkitchen said:
My postman told me that they get caught in the machines and can come damaged to my clients. He showed me where on the minis to put tape to avoid this possibility. It was too much work. So envelope it is.

Hmmm... I taped it in three places. I hope that was enough.

AJPratt said:
Hmmm... I taped it in three places. I hope that was enough.
See that's what they suggest to do to help but the machines can still get caught on the edges. The mail machines run so fast to keep up with all the mail that they cannot help it if the machine catches some of the mail.

If you don't use an envelope and you want to go one step further... they also sell clear, round stickers that are perforated down the middle so that people can open the catalog along the perforation without ripping the catalog!

JackieB999 said:
If you don't use an envelope and you want to go one step further... they also sell clear, round stickers that are perforated down the middle so that people can open the catalog along the perforation without ripping the catalog!

wow this is a great idea!

I like the idea of sending without the envelope, but I have told my hosts to call friends first so they are looking for it, and I also like the idea above of a sticker on each side of the mini so people know it's not just random junk.

BlueMoon said:
wow this is a great idea!

I like the idea of sending without the envelope, but I have told my hosts to call friends first so they are looking for it, and I also like the idea above of a sticker on each side of the mini so people know it's not just random junk.

Thanks Marghi!

I like the idea of an envelope with a full page invitation inside with a handwritten envelope... but I just don't have the time for all that! I also work a full time job. :grumpy:

JackieB999 said:
Thanks Marghi!

I like the idea of an envelope with a full page invitation inside with a handwritten envelope... but I just don't have the time for all that! I also work a full time job. :grumpy:

I work FT and have a bazillion other things going on but I send mine out in an envelope with a full page invite. The key to it all is simplifying. I don't hand write the envelope though - the hosts email me their guest list and then I print labels (cut and paste). I also just keep a standard template and then for each party all i have to do is change the host name/date/location etc as well as the hosts name in the directions for using the website.

Then I use envelopes from Sams Club that have the pull off tab for sealing. For me personally, I timed myself doing both methods and I can have the envelope method done faster than taping 3 sides and ensuring the label is lined up right.

Not saying there is a right or wrong but it isn't necessarily more work unless you make it more work. I take 15min on my lunch to do this work and then drop them off at the Post Office on my way home. If you eat with others - invite them to help. :thumbup:

JackieB999 said:
Thanks Marghi!

I work full time do and do full page invites with an envelope. It doesn't take that much more time than filling out post cards, attaching labels, clear round stickers, etc.

I have done it both ways. But if I use an enevelope I can also put another piece of paper in with it. I usually put the one page order form for people who cannot make it so they can give the order to the host.

I have done it 3 ways- 1) in a envelope with a full page invite 2) just the mini in the enveope 3) mini in no envelope and honestly I haven't had any come back or heard of anyone not getting theirs. I think no envelope saves me time, but that just is my opinion.

What is a Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope?

A Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope is a marketing tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to invite potential customers to view the latest products and offers from the company. It typically includes a small version of the catalog and a personalized invitation to attend a party or place an order.

How do I use a Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope?

To use a Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope, simply fill out the personalized information on the invitation and include it in the envelope along with the mini catalog. Then, hand deliver or mail it to potential customers to generate interest and drive sales.

Can I customize the Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope?

Yes, you can customize the Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope with your own contact information and party details. This allows you to personalize the invitation for each potential customer and make it more inviting and engaging.

How often should I send out Mini Catalog Invites in Envelopes?

We recommend sending out Mini Catalog Invites in Envelopes at least once a month to keep your customers updated on the latest products and promotions. You can also send them out more frequently during busy seasons or when new products are released.

Do I need to purchase the mini catalogs separately?

No, the mini catalogs are included with the Mini Catalog Invite in Envelope. You can order them in bulk from Pampered Chef or receive them as part of your starter kit if you are a new consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg