• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Carrot Cake Cup Recipe for PartyLite Party & Pampered Chef Recipes

In summary, the recip for the Mini Carrot Cake Cups is on DessertDivaFL. However, you might want to try using just cinnamon instead of allspice in the recipe. The bite-sized desserts that Jessica likes are the brownie cup things and the Lemon Tartletts.
bknowles67
Anyone have the recip for the Mini Carrot Cake Cups? I want to make them for my PartyLite party on Saturday. Am hoping to have new products I earned in June SAT and also want to tempt people with some new PC recipes!

Look under DessertDivaFL. She has posted all of the new SB recipes....YUM!

Just note that the recipe calls for a 9 oz cake mix...a regular cake mix box (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, etc) is 18 oz. So if you use an 18oz, just double the rest of the ingredients (not the cake mix though).I did that and it worked fine. I just had to cook it in two batches...no biggie. Very delicious. ANd they taste great straight from the fridge! (I put them in there because of the cream cheese filling).

Think you can sub spice cake mix for the yellow cake and allspice? I have that on hand and really want to make these tonight. Just wondering. Mara

The F/W Season's Best is on CC--you can get the recipe there.

I'm making these next week for our cluster meeting. We're all making recipes from the new SS. It sounded easy and yummy.

Made these for my small group tonight. I made half the filling with the whipped topping and half with marshmallow fluff. I'm going to ask the girls to tell me which they like best.Personal note: I really messed up when I made these. For some reason I read "allspice" as "nutmeg." I use freshly grated nutmeg, so it's not bad, but it definitely doesn't taste like it should. However, I've added Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles to the tops of each. The cinnamon helps to cover the missing allspice.

these are my new all time favorite easy dessert to make!!! i have made them probably about 4 times already, and i am making them this weekend for our big campout!! everyone loves them and is always asking for the recipe!!! super great. i use the EAD to fill the carrot cake cups, makes it much easier than a baggie.

I am making these today for a pot luck tomorrow...hoping to pick up a few new customers too!

pc_jessica said:
these are my new all time favorite easy dessert to make!!! i have made them probably about 4 times already, and i am making them this weekend for our big campout!! everyone loves them and is always asking for the recipe!!! super great. i use the EAD to fill the carrot cake cups, makes it much easier than a baggie.

Jessica- I was thinking that the EAD would make it much easier too! Glad to know someone tried it and it worked well :). I think I'm going to make these soon, I've had them twice now- once at a cluster meeting and once a fall kickoff and MAN are they good! They're a contender with the Taffy Apple Tartlets for my all time favorite dessert!

Can you tell I like the bite-sized desserts? ;)

kdangel518 said:
Jessica- I was thinking that the EAD would make it much easier too! Glad to know someone tried it and it worked well :). I think I'm going to make these soon, I've had them twice now- once at a cluster meeting and once a fall kickoff and MAN are they good! They're a contender with the Taffy Apple Tartlets for my all time favorite dessert!Can you tell I like the bite-sized desserts? ;)
Hmmm, wow, I really don't care for the Taffy Apple Tartlets at all, they were mushy and the caramel got hard, just didn't like them. And I made the carrot cake cups the other night, now granted I didn't end up putting the frosting on because I got distracted with company, but they tasted more like spice cake then carrot cakes... I can't imagine that adding the frosting would give them the carrot cake taste.... Just not so impressed... Will try again and use just cinnamon instead of the All-spice and of course, I'll use the frosting....
Now as far as as bite-sized desserts go, I love the brownie cup things and the Lemon Tartletts! Those are both awesome!

OMG Taffy Apple Tartlets do not last more than an hour in my house- literally! And it's just me and my DH! He CONSTANTLY begs me for them, we are 10000% addicted! Lol!Can't wait for apple picking season so we can make them with our own hand-picked apples!! :D

I am gonna have to make the apple tartlets, they sound yummy.

kdangel518 said:
OMG Taffy Apple Tartlets do not last more than an hour in my house- literally! And it's just me and my DH! He CONSTANTLY begs me for them, we are 10000% addicted! Lol!

Can't wait for apple picking season so we can make them with our own hand-picked apples!! :D

Guess I'll have to give them another try, but I wasn't impressed the first time I made them... Do you use the pieces of caramel?

I've made the tartlets twice now. The first time I followed the recipee and used the dry roasted peanuts - they were good. Tonight I made them and used pecans and they were AWESOME! I bought Werthers Original Chewy Caramels. There were on sale at Aldi's this week. I am 1 carmel shy of being able to get 3 batches out of the one bag. I am going back tomorrow to stock up!

I need your help, like right now!!! It will be two to three days before the Test Kitchen
will call me back. I have my batter in the bowl, for the carrot mini cakes. Yes, I did
double the ingredients and use an 18 oz. Yellow cake. However, even with two JUMBO
eggs, the batter is too thick to even absorb the dry ingredients.

I have added 2 additional tbsp. of oil, and it is somewhat more of a batter. I'm wondering about doubling the allspice. Does that overpower the flavor? I'm tempted to use 1 1/2 tsp. of the Allspice and 1 1/2 tsp. of our Cinnamon Plus, so that we get to encourage sales of one of our spices. I have taken the liberty to add 1/2 cup of water to get the batter soupier.

Guess, I will have to do my own testing, and let you all know how it turns out.

I'm glad to see someone else has used the Easy Accent Decorator. I just cannot figure out why the test kitchen is telling us to put the frosting into a ZIP bag and cut off the
corner to do the decorating. I saw that on a couple of the dessert recipes recently.

SaraH5 said:
I've made the tartlets twice now. The first time I followed the recipee and used the dry roasted peanuts - they were good. Tonight I made them and used pecans and they were AWESOME! I bought Werthers Original Chewy Caramels. There were on sale at Aldi's this week. I am 1 carmel shy of being able to get 3 batches out of the one bag. I am going back tomorrow to stock up!

I don't use normal caramels for this.. I get caramel bits from Wal-mart. they melt better.. :)

Grandmarita said:
I need your help, like right now!!! It will be two to three days before the Test Kitchen
will call me back. I have my batter in the bowl, for the carrot mini cakes. Yes, I did
double the ingredients and use an 18 oz. Yellow cake. However, even with two JUMBO

I have added 2 additional tbsp. of oil, and it is somewhat more of a batter. I'm wondering about doubling the allspice. Does that overpower the flavor? I'm tempted to use 1 1/2 tsp. of the Allspice and 1 1/2 tsp. of our Cinnamon Plus, so that we get to encourage sales of one of our spices. I have taken the liberty to add 1/2 cup of water to get the batter soupier.

I'm glad to see someone else has used the Easy Accent Decorator. I just cannot figure out why the test kitchen is telling us to put the frosting into a ZIP bag and cut off the
corner to do the decorating. I saw that on a couple of the dessert recipes recently.

if a little dry, add some water.. I did and they turned out great!!! :)

Grandmarita said:

I made these last night at a my cluster meeting. The batter did seem really dry until we added in the carrots, if you have not added in the carrots I suggest that you do before add any more oil or water. We switched out the allspice for Cinnamon plus blend and it tasted fantastic, it is actually noted on the bottom of the recipe that you can do this.

The reason the recipe has you using a snipped off bag rather than the EAD is that this is a new consultant recipe and can be made with all the products in the kit. However, if you have the EAD I would use it to help your sales.

Thanks, Terry and Aslan. I have them out of the oven, and have tasted three already.
They did turn out nice with half Allspice and half Cinnamon Plus. I will store in my refrig,
til tomorrow and add the frosting at our Cluster party. I appreciate their logic for the sake of those who do not have the EAD. I understand there are 1/3 of us coming in,
1/3 who are experienced and 1/3 who are winding down. Then it makes sense. I will continue to make my modified version because scooping would have been difficult without the extra moisture. BTW at the time I called for HELP, I had the batter ready with the carrots in it. Doing them was another story.

I used the old cheese grater; our newer model, and then the UM. None of them were
easy enough to want anyone watching me struggle with them. I have to admit that I ate lots of thin slices that did not get grated. My food processer would have done those 4 carrots for the double recipe in 1 minute or less.

I made these by doubling the recipe. i thought the batter was a little thick when I put it into the pan, but they baked up wonderful!! YUM!! I was expecting something just ok, but these got 2 thumbs up from me and my crowd!

Just FYI with using the EAD for the frosting - make sure you don't keep it in the fridge for a day (in the EAD). It took so much effort to get the frosting out because it was so firm! Take it out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before you're ready to demo it.

Hi again. Have to give HO Test Kitchen a pat on the back for getting back to me by 5:20. I had placed my call at 3:38. They confirmed the reasoning for using the ZIP bag for the frosting was because it is a new Consultant recipe. Did you know that the last two recipes of each section on the Table of Contents is a NEW CONSULTANTS recipe?

I told Damian about my modifications. He said that most were using it as it was printed, with success, even tho the batter is very stiff.

1. How many servings does the Mini Carrot Cake Cup recipe make?

The recipe makes 24 mini carrot cake cups, which can serve 12-24 people depending on the portion size.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your dietary needs and preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or coconut sugar instead of all-purpose flour and white sugar.

3. Can I make the Mini Carrot Cake Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the carrot cake cups up to 2 days in advance. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature before serving.

4. Can I use a regular muffin tin instead of the Mini Muffin Pan?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin tin to make larger carrot cake cups. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as they may take longer to bake.

5. Can I use a different frosting for the Mini Carrot Cake Cups?

Yes, you can use your preferred frosting for the carrot cake cups. Cream cheese frosting, vanilla buttercream, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce would all be delicious options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• phun2cook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kam