1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mini bbq chicken sandwiches

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

I saw a recipe for these...and they sounded so yummy!! I definitely think I want to make them this week for my family and then perhaps offer it to my host on Sept. 6 who isn't crazy about pork. I really want to use the DCB at my shows for a while, b/c I'm just getting back into PC...and at my first show back, I had 3 people book b/c they wanted the baker!! :D

My question - it calls for our garlic infused canola oil to be brushed on the chicken. Can I just press garlic into oil and get the same result? Do you even use the garlic oil?? Do you slice onions and put them on the bottom of the baker, then put the chicken breasts on top (like the pork tenderloin)? Do you think it's a good demo recipe?? :confused:

Aug 16, 2009
  2. jross93

jross93 Member

Can I just press garlic into oil and get the same result? Yes you can. I usually put it in a prep bowl with garlic and let it sit a while.

Do you slice onions and put them on the bottom of the baker, then put the chicken breasts on top (like the pork tenderloin)? I do the onions separate (as suggested in the recipe) I do them in the 8" saute pan (shows the cookware too!) I've found some people really don't like the onions, so keeping them separate works better for me.

Do you think it's a good demo recipe?? This is one of my favorite demos! I have been doing this and the chicken fajitas the most! People love it!

Good luck!
    Jen

Aug 16, 2009
  3. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

Oh yum...I have some chicken in the fridge I need to cook tomorrow. Can someone share the recipe for these please?

Aug 16, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I do the onions in the 8" saute pan too. It's also a great way to get a demo in of our cookware! :D:thumbup:

Aug 16, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2009
  6. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I've done this demo for the last 2 weeks and it is AWESOME. Although, we have been having some major hot weather, so I have been doing the onions up and throwing them in the dcb w/ the chicken, but if/when it cools down outside, I will probably be sauteing them...it is a HIT at my shows and it's a great demo, esp to show the homemade bbq sauce...so easy and good!

Aug 16, 2009
Have something to add?