• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Mini-Barbie Doll Cakes for a Mommy and Me Playdate - Tips and Ideas

In summary, the conversation discussed making doll cakes using prep bowls and how long to bake them for. It was suggested not to place the bowls on a barpan for stability and instead use paper plates or other decorations for a boy's cupcake. The process for baking the cakes was also provided, along with a suggestion to use the mini prep bowls for a better size and quantity ratio. Another idea for using the doll cakes was mentioned, such as for a bridal table decoration.
Lisa_aiko
I was wondering if anyone knows how much batter to put into the prep bowls and how long to bake them for when I want to make the doll cakes? Do you place it on the barpan for stability?

I am doing a Mommy and Me playdate. The children are going to be decorating the doll cupcakes while the Mommy's shop!

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what a boy could make with his cupcake? :confused:

Thanks for any and all help it is greatly appreciated.

Lisa_aiko said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how much batter to put into the prep bowls and how long to bake them for when I want to make the doll cakes? Do you place it on the barpan for stability?
Also, does anyone have any ideas on what a boy could make with his cupcake? :confused:
Placing the bowls on the barpan is probably not a good idea. The uneven distribution of heat could cause your stone to crack. This was a topic with this season's mousse recipe.
How about ball caps for the boys? Cut a piece of paper plate or something for the rim of the cap. Or just do a little baseball with white icing & red lacing.

Boys cakeMaybe they could make a mountain or volcano. What about a space ship- with attached ice cream cones?
Kristi

Prep Bowl Mini CakesThe following information I got from PC when they had the Snowman Mini Cakes on Consultant's Corner....Hope it helps!! :D

To bake cakes, preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare one package (9 ounces) yellow or white cake mix (for single layer cake) according to package directions. Grease and flour six Prep Bowls; evenly divide batter into bowls. Bake 20-25 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes 5 minutes in bowls. Carefully invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. If necessary, cut off tops of cakes using Serrated Bread Knife to level. If desired, one package (18.25 ounces) cake mix can be substituted for the 9 ounce package. Fill each Prep Bowl with ½ cup batter; reserve remaining batter for another use (such as a single cake layer prepared in the Nonstick Cake Pan or 12 cupcakes prepared in the Stoneware Muffin Pan).

suggestionCouldn't you even use the mini fluted pan so the hole is already in the middle.Thanks for the idea I have two little girls and 4 nieces so we have many girly b-day parties. :)

mini-prep vs mini-fluted
amberk said:
Couldn't you even use the mini fluted pan so the hole is already in the middle.Thanks for the idea I have two little girls and 4 nieces so we have many girly b-day parties. :)
I would think it would make the "dress" way too big in comparison to the miniature doll waist up. It would also be cheaper to use the prep bowls. (You can make more dresses with one box of mix in the mini-prep bowls than you can with the mini fluted's)

I like this idea. I might make up a few to put on my bridal table. Might be cute.

1. How do I make mini-Barbie doll cakes for a Mommy and Me playdate?

To make mini-Barbie doll cakes, you will need a Barbie doll cake pan, cake mix, frosting, and small Barbie dolls. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to bake the cake in the Barbie doll pan. Once the cake is cooled, use frosting to decorate the cake and add a small Barbie doll on top. You can also use a regular round cake and cut it in half to create a skirt shape for the doll.

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a Barbie doll cake pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan to make mini-Barbie doll cakes. Simply bake the cake according to the instructions and use a small cookie cutter to cut out mini circles for the cake. Then, assemble the mini cakes and decorate them with frosting and a small Barbie doll on top.

3. How can I involve the kids in making the mini-Barbie doll cakes?

To involve the kids in making the mini-Barbie doll cakes, you can have them help with mixing the cake batter, decorating the cakes with frosting, and placing the small Barbie dolls on top. You can also have them choose the colors and decorations for the cakes to make it a fun and interactive activity for the Mommy and Me playdate.

4. Can I use different types of frosting for the mini-Barbie doll cakes?

Yes, you can use different types of frosting for the mini-Barbie doll cakes. You can use buttercream frosting, whipped cream, or cream cheese frosting. You can also add food coloring to the frosting to create different colors for the cakes.

5. How far in advance can I make the mini-Barbie doll cakes?

You can make the mini-Barbie doll cakes a day in advance. After decorating the cakes, cover them with plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. Take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving to allow them to come to room temperature. This will ensure the cakes stay fresh and moist for the Mommy and Me playdate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies