• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Apple Turnovers - Yummy Recipe!

In summary, the conversation was about a delicious recipe for mini-apple turnovers made with chopped apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. The recipe was made easier with the use of a Cut and Seal from 1 package of Pilsbury pie crust. The conversation also discussed the possibility of using different fillings, such as blueberry or mango, and how the recipe could be adapted for different themes. A Pampered Chef consultant also joined the conversation and expressed interest in trying out the recipe.
pcleah
I was playing around in the kitchen this morning and came up with a yummy recipe for mini-apple turnovers:
2 apples (i had golden delicious) chopped
3 T. brown sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. flour
1 t. cinnamon (or cinn plus)
Mix all. Cut out about 20 circles with the Cut and Seal from 1 package of Pilsbury pie crust (it comes 2 in a pack). Place 1 scoop (mini) of filling in the center of each round. Fold in half and seal with cut and seal (will look like half moons). Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinn/sugar. I used my large bar pan at 400° for about 20 mins (convection). they look soooo cute and taste yummy. I'm guessing the filling possibilites are endless. I just happen to have some mushy apples to play with. Enjoy!!!!

That does sound good!!!!!! My husband is a huge blueberry fan, so I would probably spread a little cream cheese/sugar mixture in and then top with blueberry filling. Man!!! No wonder I can never stay on a diet!!!:p

One of our new season of recipes is similar to this - I can't remember the filling, though.

The Mango Turnovers are very similar. They're an Essential level recipe (kit products), and a dessert for the Taste of the Tropics theme. The filling is cream cheese, fresh ginger and mango. They're put into wonton wrappers instead of pie crust, then brushed with a little oil and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. And there's a mango dipping sauce that goes with them. I can't wait to try them! (I had the Test Kitchen workshop at Leadership that went through the 3 Essential theme recipes and 2 of the other essential recipes from the new SBRC.)

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I just wanted to say that your mini-apple turnovers sound absolutely delicious! I love that you used our Cut and Seal to make them even easier to prepare. I can definitely see how the filling possibilities are endless with this recipe. Thank you for sharing and I will be sure to try it out soon! Happy cooking!

1. How do I make the dough for the mini apple turnovers?

To make the dough, you will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces), 1/4 cup of cold water, and 1 egg yolk. In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add in the water and egg yolk until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out.

2. Can I use store-bought dough instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought puff pastry or pie crust instead of making your own dough. Simply follow the instructions on the package for rolling and cutting the dough for the mini apple turnovers.

3. How do I prevent the apple filling from being too watery?

To prevent the apple filling from being too watery, make sure to remove as much excess liquid as possible from the diced apples before mixing them with the sugar and cinnamon. You can also add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the filling mixture to help thicken it.

4. Can I make the mini apple turnovers ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mini apple turnovers ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, you can reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.

5. What is the best way to serve the mini apple turnovers?

The mini apple turnovers are best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top. You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar or drizzle some caramel sauce over them for added sweetness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • chef131doreen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg