• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Mini Apple Pies: Tips, Tricks & Recipes!

In summary, the person is interested in making mini apple pies with a cut n seal. They are unsure of how to proceed and would like advice. They also want to know if premade crusts are acceptable or if they should make their own.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I would love to make mini apple pies with my cut n seal and the apples we just got from the orchard. Any ideas or recipes you would like to share? Should I cook them in a stone? Like 4 in the deep dish baker? I have no clue what I'm doing but thought it would be nice for me as no one in the house likes pie except me. I am planning on making like 15 or so and freezing them so that I can thaw a mini pie anytime I want one. Any cooking tips? Should I use premade crust or make my own? Should I mix the apples with cinnamon or nutmeg? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would use pre-made crusts.. the round flat kind.. (not on a pie shell already) set them out to warm them.. you can probably get 8 circles out of a package of 2 (top and bottom crust)
Cut up your apples and add butter, cinnamon and sugar to taste.
Cut the crust without pushing on the handle of the cut n seal.. then add the apple mix in the center.. wet the outer edge of crust, top with another crust and then put cut n seal on and push handle to seal. Brush top of crust with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix. Cut a few slits in the top of the crust. Cook until browned ?? Probably at 350 F I would bake them on the large bar pan myself.

I know there is a recipe in this booklet for mini pies!

Sounds yummy!

BTW- our cinnamon plus works VERY WELL as the spice in apple pie!

Attachments

• cut n seal recipes.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 490
  • APPLE CRANBERRY TARTS.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 336
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Desserts/Pies/Fruit-Pies/Apple-Pies/Top.aspx

This link may be helpful too!

Does anyone have a list of tart recipes all on one page...like the kind you make in the mini muffin pan?

1. How do I make the perfect mini apple pie crust?

The key to making a perfect mini apple pie crust is to keep the ingredients cold and handle the dough as little as possible. Use cold butter and ice water when making the dough, and chill it for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out. Also, make sure to use a light touch when rolling and shaping the crust to prevent it from becoming tough.

2. Can I use pre-made pie crust for mini apple pies?

Yes, you can use pre-made pie crust for mini apple pies. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking time and temperature. Keep in mind that pre-made crusts may not be as flaky and flavorful as homemade crusts, so you may want to add a little extra seasoning or sugar to the filling to enhance the flavor.

3. What is the best type of apple to use for mini apple pies?

The best type of apple to use for mini apple pies is a firm and tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. These types of apples hold their shape well when baked and provide a nice contrast to the sweetness of the pie filling. However, you can also use a combination of apples for a more complex flavor.

4. How do I prevent my mini apple pies from becoming soggy?

To prevent your mini apple pies from becoming soggy, make sure to fully cook the filling before adding it to the crust. This will help to evaporate excess moisture. You can also sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs or crushed graham crackers on the bottom of the crust before adding the filling to absorb any excess liquid.

5. Can I freeze mini apple pies?

Yes, you can freeze mini apple pies before or after baking them. If freezing before baking, assemble the pies and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When ready to bake, let them thaw in the refrigerator and then bake according to the recipe instructions. If freezing after baking, let the pies cool completely, then wrap them tightly and freeze. When ready to eat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • aried