• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Catalogs in Military Base Doctor's Offices: Rules and Regulations

In summary, it seems as though you are allowed to leave catalogs in doctor's offices at most bases, with the exception of the post office. It might be a good idea to ask at the front desk who you need to speak to about this policy.
ChefJesssica
Does anyone know if we are allowed to leave catalogs in the base doctor's offices? I know that people sit in our lab for HOURS and there are usually old magazines but nothing of interest to look at. My husband keeps telling me that if it was allowed I would probably see other diect sales catalogs, but we never had. Anyone know? (I hate asking the grumpy hospital people questions)

I would say that you would need to contact either the Family Support Center or the Base Commander's office to ask that question. I have never personally done it.

Honestly, I do not see why you couldn't! I dropped off catalogs at the OB ward all the time at our last duty station.
As for the hospital's policies, it would probably be better, if you are going to ask at all, to ask someone at the hospital. As it is within each command...their CO decides what goes. I wouldn't trust all that much that any other organization would know about the policies of another organization regarding something like this. Ask at the front desk whom you would need to speak to regarding it. Believe you me as bad as that sounds...I have volunteered for a LONG time working within the military and even the people who work there don't always know! High rotations and all.......
Personally though, in these situations, I would rather ask forgiveness then be shot down from the get go.............

HTH!
Have a Pampered Day!

I am in Monterey Bay, CA and have dropped off catalogs at the Ped office located on the Army base where my kids go to the doctor.
I was not allowed to leave catalogs in the privitized housing office however. Did not understand that since they allow Schwan's to leave catalogs. We also have it written into our lease that we are allowed to have these businesses in our homes.

Pamperedchef8592 said:
I am in Monterey Bay, CA and have dropped off catalogs at the Ped office located on the Army base where my kids go to the doctor.
I was not allowed to leave catalogs in the privitized housing office however. Did not understand that since they allow Schwan's to leave catalogs. We also have it written into our lease that we are allowed to have these businesses in our homes.

This is off topic, but I was stationed in Monterey for a year and a half and I LOVED IT!! Its so pretty over there! I am so jealous of you !:D I hope you enjoy your time there, its one of the best places to be stationed!

I do it ALL the time ALL over the local bases! Except the Post Office, which anyone overseas selling would understand. I am at Ramstein and I have left them at the Dental Clinic, the Medical Clinic, the Enlisted Club, etc.... And all over Landstuhl. I never asked permission though, I just did it. I only put a few out though so I'm hoping they aren't there long enough for anyone that would care to notice.

Hey Debi!!
I am at Ramstein too!!!! What unit is your husband at?? Mine is USAFE HQ. This site is awesome, what a small world!!!

What discounts or special offers do you have for military personnel?

We offer a 10% discount for active duty military, veterans, and their families. This discount can be applied to any purchase, including our monthly specials and clearance items.

Do you ship to APO/FPO addresses?

Yes, we proudly ship to APO/FPO addresses. We understand the importance of receiving packages while serving overseas and we are happy to provide this service.

Can I use my military discount with other promotions or offers?

Unfortunately, our military discount cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. However, you can still take advantage of our monthly specials and clearance items in addition to your 10% discount.

Do you have any products specifically designed for military families?

While we do not have products specifically designed for military families, we do offer a variety of items that can make meal preparation and entertaining easier and more convenient for those with busy schedules, such as our quick cooker and meal prep tools.

What is your return policy for military personnel?

We have the same return policy for military personnel as we do for all customers. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 1 year for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
overthyme