• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Military People Question

ChefJesssica

Apr 7, 2006
Does anyone know if we are allowed to leave catalogs in the base doctor's offices? I know that people sit in our lab for HOURS and there are usually old magazines but nothing of interest to look at. My husband keeps telling me that if it was allowed I would probably see other diect sales catalogs, but we never had. Anyone know? (I hate asking the grumpy hospital people questions)

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
I would say that you would need to contact either the Family Support Center or the Base Commander's office to ask that question. I have never personally done it.

erinyourpclady

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2006
Honestly, I do not see why you couldn't! I dropped off catalogs at the OB ward all the time at our last duty station.
As for the hospital's policies, it would probably be better, if you are going to ask at all, to ask someone at the hospital. As it is within each command...their CO decides what goes. I wouldn't trust all that much that any other organization would know about the policies of another organization regarding something like this. Ask at the front desk whom you would need to speak to regarding it. Believe you me as bad as that sounds...I have volunteered for a LONG time working within the military and even the people who work there don't always know! High rotations and all.......
Personally though, in these situations, I would rather ask forgiveness then be shot down from the get go.............

HTH!
Have a Pampered Day!

Pamperedchef8592

Novice Member
Feb 27, 2006
I am in Monterey Bay, CA and have dropped off catalogs at the Ped office located on the Army base where my kids go to the doctor.
I was not allowed to leave catalogs in the privitized housing office however. Did not understand that since they allow Schwan's to leave catalogs. We also have it written into our lease that we are allowed to have these businesses in our homes.

ChefJesssica

Apr 7, 2006
Pamperedchef8592 said:
I am in Monterey Bay, CA and have dropped off catalogs at the Ped office located on the Army base where my kids go to the doctor.
I was not allowed to leave catalogs in the privitized housing office however. Did not understand that since they allow Schwan's to leave catalogs. We also have it written into our lease that we are allowed to have these businesses in our homes.

This is off topic, but I was stationed in Monterey for a year and a half and I LOVED IT!! Its so pretty over there! I am so jealous of you !:D I hope you enjoy your time there, its one of the best places to be stationed!

PamperedChefDebi

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Feb 11, 2006
I do it ALL the time ALL over the local bases! Except the Post Office, which anyone overseas selling would understand. I am at Ramstein and I have left them at the Dental Clinic, the Medical Clinic, the Enlisted Club, etc.... And all over Landstuhl. I never asked permission though, I just did it. I only put a few out though so I'm hoping they aren't there long enough for anyone that would care to notice.

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Hey Debi!!
I am at Ramstein too!!!! What unit is your husband at?? Mine is USAFE HQ. This site is awesome, what a small world!!!