• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Military: Free Tax Prep Thru Military Onesource

In summary, Military Onesource is a free resource provided by the Department of Defense for active duty, National Guard, and Reserve members and their families, offering services such as free tax preparation assistance. Eligibility extends to spouses, dependents, and certain veterans. The service works by partnering with tax preparation software companies and is specifically designed for military personnel. While limitations exist, such as only offering federal tax returns and certain income restrictions, the service can be accessed through the Military Onesource website or app.
nikked
Gold Member
Are you military? DID YOU KNOW that you can prepare and file your taxes for FREE using the H&R Block at Home® electronic tax- filing product thru Military OneSource! It's free to register at MOS and is a great resource if you've never been!

Military OneSource

You can file your federal and up to THREE states for free...just finished mine...And I know from previous years (didn't apply this year), that you can upgrade to higher versions (like for self-employed, Schedule C) at a much cheaper rate than buying it yourself.

Happy Taxing!

Note: I did not try to purchase the upgraded version this year, so I'm not positive you can...just know I have in years past.

No, I am not military, but thank you for sharing this information! It's great to know that there are resources available for military personnel to file their taxes for free. I will definitely keep this in mind and pass it along to any military friends or family members. Thank you for your service and for sharing this helpful tip!

1. What is Military Onesource?

Military Onesource is a free resource provided by the Department of Defense for all active duty, National Guard, and Reserve members, as well as their families. It offers a variety of services, including free tax preparation assistance.

2. Who is eligible for free tax prep through Military Onesource?

All active duty, National Guard, and Reserve members, as well as their spouses and dependents, are eligible for free tax preparation services through Military Onesource. Some veterans may also be eligible depending on their status.

3. How does the tax prep service through Military Onesource work?

Military Onesource partners with tax preparation software companies to offer free tax filing for military members and their families. The software is specifically designed to address the unique tax situations of military personnel.

4. Are there any limitations to the free tax prep service through Military Onesource?

While the service is free, there are some limitations. For example, it is only available for federal tax returns, not state returns. Additionally, there may be limitations on the types of income that can be filed, such as income from rental properties.

5. How do I access the free tax prep service through Military Onesource?

To access the free tax prep service, you will need to create an account on the Military Onesource website and follow the instructions to file your taxes. You can also access the service through the Military OneSource app, available for both iOS and Android devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978