• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a consultant on a military base sell products at the PX and Officer's Club?

Another suggestion would be to go to the Officer's Club and set up there. They usually have more open space and are willing to give up some of their space for a fee.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I have a new consultant who's in base housing in the US. She's only been there a month or two. I'm not familiar with how things work on base. There's a flea market thing this weekend where she's going to sell old toys, etc. I gave her some PC things to display there. She's working on networking with people at the gym and daycare. I've heard of consultants setting up a table at the PX and Officer's Club. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things she can do that are specific to being on base?

Many thanks.

Have her contact the housing office for her base. They will be able to supply her with any rules/regulations that pertain to doing business from base housing and/or doing business on the base premises.

Here are the rules for us in Japan (I'm assuming that they would hold true for all military bases):
  • We have to contact the base for a business license. It's free out here, but you have to get permission to run a business from government housing.
  • We can not set up in public places, unless it's an organized event and we rent a booth (like at the community center on base or at a local high school fund raiser, etc.) Standing outside the Commissary (our grocery store) and handing out flyers would be prohibited on our base.
  • We can not solicit door-to-door on the base.
  • We can not hang flyers anywhere on base advertising our business.
  • We can not use the military mail for profit. We can get catalogs & order forms, but CAN NOT accept mail for others which means that we can not purchase cash & carry items & have them delivered to us through the military mail.

You do not have to contact the base for a business license stateside. You must however include your business on you lease in base housing. Base housing does not deal with any of that since most military family housing is now run by outside companies.All of the rest of Sheila's points are valid except the military mail.....we don't have that on base stateside!

I am on Ft. Knox and you do have to register your business in order to have a show on post. I would recommend that your new consultant contact ACS and ask them what the procedure is for the specific location they are on. I have to carry a card with me at all times when I do a show on post and of course there is a set of protocols I have to follow since I live on post. It sounds like each post/base is different though.

My understanding is that the registration of your business is up to each base's commander. Where I'm at (Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque, NM), there are NO regulations. But sometimes, I wish there were. Some folks just don't know how to act!!! :yuck::eek:

All that said to mean to have her check with her individual base (as previously stated). If she's not sure where to start, Family Support would be a good place.

HTH!

Its each base's decision to enforce business licenses. Its a joke here in Monterey, they never bothered it til a few months ago (talk of wine on a yahoo group- not a pc show), then a few people had to get it, then the lady that does it is never there or busy, I never did it as I couldn't get ahold of her and she never returned my calls.
Also, you do not have to let housing know. Your home, your lease. I've been to RI and here with the biz and the people actually put in orders and do shows with us. lol :) Its all good. I have it on my car, a yard sign out, etc. they don't care!

Last edited:
Becca_in_MD said:
I've heard of consultants setting up a table at the PX and Officer's Club. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things she can do that are specific to being on base?

As for setting up at the PX. She would have to talk to them. Each Exchange is different. It costs and you usally have to have cash and carry and give them a percent. I asked about it and they said NO ORDER TAKING...all Cash and Carry and then it was 25% of sales I had to pay them...it was not worth it...I would have made no money.

1. How do I become a consultant at a military base?

To become a consultant at a military base, you will need to first sign up as a consultant with Pampered Chef. Then, you can contact your local military base to inquire about any vendor or small business programs they may have. You may also need to obtain any necessary permits or licenses to sell on the base.

2. What special considerations do I need to know about selling on a military base?

When selling on a military base, it's important to follow all regulations and guidelines set by the base. This may include obtaining a vendor badge, following specific hours of operation, and adhering to any sales limitations or restrictions. It's also important to be respectful of the military community and their schedules and needs.

3. Can I offer military discounts as a consultant on a military base?

Yes, as a consultant on a military base, you are allowed to offer military discounts to active duty service members and their families. However, it's important to check with the base regulations to ensure you are following any guidelines for offering discounts.

4. How can I market my business to the military community on base?

Marketing on a military base can be done through various channels such as social media, flyers, and word of mouth. You can also reach out to military organizations or groups on base to offer demonstrations or host events. Additionally, offering military-specific products or promotions may also attract the attention of the military community.

5. Are there any restrictions on the types of products I can sell on a military base as a consultant?

Yes, there may be restrictions on certain products on a military base, such as alcohol or firearms. It's important to check with the base regulations to ensure you are following any restrictions. Additionally, it's important to consider the needs and interests of the military community when choosing which products to sell on base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • missi.robbins