• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Did the IRS Change the Mileage Reimbursement Rate for 2011?

In summary, a mileage reimbursement change refers to a modification in the amount an employee is reimbursed for using their personal vehicle for work-related travel. These changes can occur due to company policies, IRS standard mileage rate adjustments, or changes in fuel costs. Eligibility for reimbursement varies by company and job role, and different reimbursement rates may be offered for different types of travel. It's important to follow company guidelines for tracking mileage to ensure accurate reimbursement.
baychef
Silver Member
The Internal Revenue Service has increased the mileage reimbursement rate to 55.5 cents per mile for travel between July 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011

The mileage rate for travel between January 31, 2011 and June 30, 2011 is still 51 cents per mile.

Luckily my day job lets us know when there is a change!!

1. What is a mileage reimbursement change?

A mileage reimbursement change refers to a modification in the amount that an employee is reimbursed for using their personal vehicle for work-related travel. This can include changes in the reimbursement rate, distance calculation method, or other reimbursement policies.

2. Why is there a mileage reimbursement change?

Mileage reimbursement changes can occur for a variety of reasons, such as changes in company policies, adjustments to the IRS standard mileage rate, or changes in the cost of fuel. These changes are typically made to ensure fair and accurate reimbursement for employees and to align with current market conditions.

3. How do I know if I am eligible for mileage reimbursement?

Eligibility for mileage reimbursement varies by company and job role. Typically, employees who are required to use their personal vehicle for work-related travel are eligible for reimbursement. However, it's important to check with your employer for specific eligibility criteria and reimbursement policies.

4. Will I receive a different reimbursement rate for different types of travel?

It is possible for companies to have different reimbursement rates for different types of work-related travel, such as local vs. long-distance travel. This may depend on the company's policies and the purpose of the travel. It's important to clarify with your employer if there are different reimbursement rates for different types of travel.

5. How should I track my mileage for reimbursement?

Many companies have specific guidelines for how employees should track their mileage for reimbursement. This may include keeping a log of miles driven, using a mileage tracking app, or submitting receipts for gas purchases. It's important to follow your company's guidelines to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melaniepc
  • baychef