• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing Mike Vs Joy's Newsletter: My Experience After 6 Months

In summary, there is a discussion about two newsletter services, Joy's and Mike's, and which one is preferred. Some participants have used both and prefer Mike's because of its easy one-click option for icontact. There is also mention of samples being available on Mike's website and that he is the only one approved by HO to use their images and make links to consultant's websites. There is also a mention of the cost for both the newsletter and icontact, with some finding the tracking feature of icontact beneficial for their business. Some also mention that their director has recommended Mike's newsletter.
crissy11
Gold Member
I have signed up 6 months with Joy and had problems with getting set up with icontact and they are letting me get a few months of Mike's newsletters. Which you do like better and why?

I love Mike's, but I have never used Joy's. I'm sure either one is good, but my preference is Mike's. He has the easy one click option for icontact, that makes it so easy.

This is the first I have heard of Milke's. are there samples out there to see? where to go???

Is there samples on Mike's? I use Joy and cut and paste to icontact my email will not send out correctly so this is easier for me.

go to myemaildesigns.com You can click on the Samples tab and fill in your info, and he'll send you a sample. I do love his one-click that goes with iContact. Really fast and easy.

I love Mike's, although I have never seen Joy's! He is always prompt, always looks very professional, and someone correct me if I am wrong, he is the only one approved by HO.

Ok, silly question, but what is icontact??? Is this something that I would have to enter my customer's emails into or will it work with my current email program? I have 123 by request and I like the fact that I can just edit and forward onto my contacts.

icontact is an emailing program you subscribe to that allows you to see who opens, clicks, or bounces the emails you send. I think it runs around $10 a month for a basic subscription.

Mike's costs only $2 each month if a full year is paid. I made it back with my first newsletter I sent out.

mscharf said:
I love Mike's, although I have never seen Joy's! He is always prompt, always looks very professional, and someone correct me if I am wrong, he is the only one approved by HO.

I hadn't heard that before. I don't think HO has officially given anyone their stamp of approval.

you can just upload your current contacts. The best feature IMO is that you can see who is opening your emails, how many times, and lots of other details. Since I can see if some opens my newsletter several times, I can contact them, they are obviously showing interest!! They might want to host...

I like Mike's - the only problem is it's very long. I usually end up delete a bit of content because it's TOO much for me.

I vote for Joy's. Just sent out her outlet email and have over $100 in orders!

babywings76 said:
I hadn't heard that before. I don't think HO has officially given anyone their stamp of approval.

I am not sure that it is advertised, but I know he has authorization to use pics and make links to our websites. I do know he gets all images from HO, not a consultant, so he obviously has something approved.
Like I said I am not sure if he is the only one, but my director said he is approved, so we don't have to worry about getting in any trouble!

mscharf said:
I am not sure that it is advertised, but I know he has authorization to use pics and make links to our websites. I do know he gets all images from HO, not a consultant, so he obviously has something approved.
Like I said I am not sure if he is the only one, but my director said he is approved, so we don't have to worry about getting in any trouble!

Directors are not HO--I wouldn't take their word as truth.

DebbieJ said:
Directors are not HO--I wouldn't take their word as truth.

I agree, but I also know that my director is VERY "BY THE BOOK" and would never do anything against the rules.
I inquired to her about some of the other newsletters before I decided and she explained all of this to me, so I went with Mike!
And like I said before, NO COMPLAINTS! I have been very happy and have definately seen the profits from it!

Ok, so you have to pay for the newsletter AND you have to pay for iContact??? Honestly, I don't have time to see who does and doesn't open my emails (and honestly, I could care less!!!), so I don't see that as an advantage for me - but I can see how others do benefit from it.

mscharf said:
Joy gets all of her pics from the PC website - and I'm sure that's how he does it to...not from HO directly. She also has direct links to our websites throughout the newsletters. I checked out Mike's a while back, and it was way too much info. I didn't even finish reading through the sample, so why would my customers?I vote for Joy too - not only does she provide a newsletter, she provides all kinds of extras that we can use too - like the outlet email, the mini newsletter in the middle of the month, and all of the cool flyers that she creates for bookings, discontinued products, recruiting, etc....
I get so many orders, etc...and also lots of compliments from customers since I started using Joy's service. LOVE it!

Last edited:
I LOVE Mike's newsletters. Before I picked a subscription I got samples from varies other places and Mike's, by far, is way more professional looking and is packed w/ lots of info...which I like.

c00p said:
Ok, so you have to pay for the newsletter AND you have to pay for iContact??? Honestly, I don't have time to see who does and doesn't open my emails (and honestly, I could care less!!!), so I don't see that as an advantage for me - but I can see how others do benefit from it.

Mike's newsletter (which also includes a mid-month outlet special/mini letter) is only about $26 for the YEAR! Well worth it, ,IMHO!

IContact is seperate and you pay seperate!

Joy gives you free subscriptions when you sign up for iContact through her website.

I vote for Joy too - same reasons that everyone else loves her for!

On icontact you can do an advanced view and actually see what picture the person clicked on. Every picture with Mike's newsletter is linked to your website to the order page so all they have to do is click add to bag.

I say Joys too. I got a sample of Mikes and I don't know, it just did not catch my eye. I have a background in advertising, so I am actually super picky. So it was really important to me that it was professional looking. A lot of my customers are from my advertising profession and I guess Joy's is just more my style.

Good luck. I wouldn't say any is better than the other, just probably more of a style preference.

oh, yes and I get Joys' for FREE cause I signed up for incontact under her. SO how can you beat free!?!!?

ChefBeckyD said:
Joy gets all of her pics from the PC website - and I'm sure that's how he does it to...not from HO directly. She also has direct links to our websites throughout the newsletters. I checked out Mike's a while back, and it was way too much info. I didn't even finish reading through the sample, so why would my customers?

I vote for Joy too - not only does she provide a newsletter, she provides all kinds of extras that we can use too - like the outlet email, the mini newsletter in the middle of the month, and all of the cool flyers that she creates for bookings, discontinued products, recruiting, etc....
I get so many orders, etc...and also lots of compliments from customers since I started using Joy's service. LOVE it!

Ditto Joy's Tastey Tidbits Service!:thumbup::chef::D

I just switched to Joy's and I love it! I agree that it just more of a style preference. I also wasn't too happy when I started getting emails from Mike just because I mentioned on here that I was looking for a new service. I didn't ask for them,never even went to his website, they just took my email address and starting sending me info- that really rubbed me the wrong way.

I do love Mike's design and service. The only thing is that sometimes I do fear it is too long. I cut out some of the info I don't feel is necessary, or swap out a photo or something some times. I do LOVE Joy's work though, and am actually looking into subscribing to hers as well. I'm doing her 15 day free trial.The thing I like about Mike's:
-- one click for iContact, super easy
-- he also does a mid-month shorter newsletter plus an outlet one (shows the current items the moment you retrieve it before you distribute to your customers)
-- very professional looking
-- great customer serviceJoy's
--a lot of the same positives as Mike's
--I also love that she's a consultant and so she KNOWS right away the news and excitement of announcements and is quick to put stuff together and share with usIt really is so hard to decide. That's why I'm doing the trial period thing. I'm willing to pay another subscription fee to use hers if I decide I like it better.

I guess as long as we are keeping in contact with our customers, get bookings and orders...it is all personal preference.

123request has been the easiest (and yes, I know of the problems had a few but resolved them). I have subscribed to Mike's and it will take a bit of getting used to the change when I do switch, but it is for one year and we will see as time goes on.

Just glad we have these services and that there are a few to choose from. :chef:If they ever were able to do something through our personal websites, that would be the best for me. Tastefully Simple has some and they look very professional are quick and to the point.

babywings76 said:
I do love Mike's design and service. The only thing is that sometimes I do fear it is too long. I cut out some of the info I don't feel is necessary, or swap out a photo or something some times. I do LOVE Joy's work though, and am actually looking into subscribing to hers as well. I'm doing her 15 day free trial.

The thing I like about Mike's:
-- one click for iContact, super easy
-- he also does a mid-month shorter newsletter plus an outlet one (shows the current items the moment you retrieve it before you distribute to your customers)
-- very professional looking
-- great customer service

Joy's
--a lot of the same positives as Mike's
--I also love that she's a consultant and so she KNOWS right away the news and excitement of announcements and is quick to put stuff together and share with us

It really is so hard to decide. That's why I'm doing the trial period thing. I'm willing to pay another subscription fee to use hers if I decide I like it better.
Joy also does a few different newsletters a month plus other fliers and postcards to print. I like Tasty Tidbits because instead of waiting for an email to be sent out, you can log on any time and pull up any newsletter. No more searching your inbox for the last newsletter.

wadesgirl said:
Joy also does a few different newsletters a month plus other fliers and postcards to print. I like Tasty Tidbits because instead of waiting for an email to be sent out, you can log on any time and pull up any newsletter. No more searching your inbox for the last newsletter.

You can go online anytime and log in and retrieve Mike's newsletters as well.

I use both--Mike one month, Joy the next. Mike's is VERY easy to use and very professional, Joy's is lots of good info. I honestly prefer Mike's--I get lots of good feedback from it from my customers. I was one of his first subscribers and he's very good. But Joy is one of us....

tlag1986 said:
I love Mike's, but I have never used Joy's. I'm sure either one is good, but my preference is Mike's. He has the easy one click option for icontact, that makes it so easy.

I used to use Joy's and now I use Mike's. I like Mike's a lot better.

I just signed up with iContact through Mike's. I've only used iContact a couple of times. The jury's still out on iContact!!! LOL I think I just have to get used to it!

wadesgirl said:
Joy gives you free subscriptions when you sign up for iContact through her website.

Mike does too! He gives you 3 free months. Plus, right now there's a $10 discount when you upgrade to a paid iContact account. I'm not sure if it's from Mike or from iContact. I know that I got it in the email from Mike, though.

wadesgirl said:

You can do that with Mike's too. I just go to the website and log in.

hijack...And then there's always the times you send these newsletters out and you get people to unsubscribe. :( (Just sent out my outlet e-mail and had someone unsub. just now)

wow - this is starting to get rather competative here - anyone keeping score?

pamperedlinda said:
wow - this is starting to get rather competative here - anyone keeping score?

LOL! Both newsletter subscriptions are a major asset to our businesses and it really does come down to preference. :)

Liquid Sky said:
LOL! Both newsletter subscriptions are a major asset to our businesses and it really does come down to preference. :)

I agree! It's good to have a choice and all of us will have different reasons why we prefer one over the other. Until now, I did not know about Mike's. I have used Joy's and had TREMENDOUS response and sales so I am sticking with it. Why mess with a good thing? I suggest checking both of them out and then deciding for yourself which you like best. I do use Joy's flyers and the newsletters and I appreciate the fact that I can go there anytime and get what I want...my mailbox is not all jammed with stuff I may not want/use.
Joy is also easily accessible. She is here so much and hears about our needs...she's so on top of it....like I saw here before...she is one of us as a consultant.

I use Mike's and love love love it. I, too, have taken away or added to the newsletter as needed. I've not tried Joy's since I was satisfied with Mike's.

But, I agree with others. We all have a difference in preferences and our opinion in professionalism.

I'm glad there are 'options' and we're not stuck with only one 'type' of newsletter that we can't change or make our own. So, I'm thankful for both.

Yes, I also use Mike's and I LOVE it too! It is just a matter of preference.

I just delete out the sections of Mike's I don't want to use before I forward it.

I just subscribe to the regular newsletter and send it myself through my email.

I do believe it is all just a preference. I understand each consultants loyalty to their newsletter service, but like it has already been said we have more than one option to choose from. For that I am grateful.
We hear a great deal about Joy's since she is a consultant and uses this site, and from what I've seen she does a great job. We all need to be grateful to our newsletter originators for all the work they do for us, and for a nominal fee.

wadesgirl said:

I wish I would have known this yesterday or even looked more at her website because I just resigned up for her newsletter last night because

I JUST LOVE JOYS NEWSLETTER

I could have gotten something free - RATS

:chef:

I clicked on the link to Mike's once and it was so complicated (and I am pretty computer-savvy) that I just closed it. I love Joy's and as everyone has said, it is a preference... If Joy is out there, I think she could answer about her prices... I think whatever you sign up for (6 months or a year) through iContact gives you that much time free on her site. I was told by someone at my church that LONG newsletters don't get people to read them. I did take the recipes off Joy's last month and put them on my website. Haven't heard from anyone that they noticed them, so who knows? I know her Outlet QuickBites have netted me sales! She is the bomb as far as I'm concerned!Just to answer the comment that Mike's is "authorized by HO", when Joy was going through all the mess with HO, they told her there was not an "authorized newsletter service" so if he is claiming that, he isn't telling the truth. Don't you know HO would tell us that information if he was the "only authorized person"?

whiteyteresa said:
I wish I would have known this yesterday or even looked more at her website because I just resigned up for her newsletter last night because

I JUST LOVE JOYS NEWSLETTER

I could have gotten something free - RATS

I can refund you -- shoot me an email with your iContact info if you signed up through my link. :)

Hey all - I'm trying SO hard to stay out of this thread because I have a vested interest (haha) in what's being said... but I did want to say thank you to everyone for the kind words.It's nice to see everyone (on all sides) so passionate about the service providers they choose. I guess we're doing something right, huh? :)

Hello Joy, I like you both. I started this thread and have paid for 6 months of your newsletter and since I had trouble exporting my addresses into icontact they are giving me a couple of months free of Mikes newsletter. I think I will just use both. I can't decide. I will switch up monthly newsletters and outlet newsletter with you both. Thank you soo much for all that you do.

PampChefJoy said:
I can refund you -- shoot me an email with your iContact info if you signed up through my link. :)

Thanks Joy, I will try it tonight or tomorrow morning - I am having a few personal problems here at home - I kicked my husband out last night and my thinking isn't good and I don't want mess up when trying this.

Thanks again Joy

pcchefjane said:
I clicked on the link to Mike's once and it was so complicated (and I am pretty computer-savvy) that I just closed it. I love Joy's and as everyone has said, it is a preference... If Joy is out there, I think she could answer about her prices... I think whatever you sign up for (6 months or a year) through iContact gives you that much time free on her site. I was told by someone at my church that LONG newsletters don't get people to read them. I did take the recipes off Joy's last month and put them on my website. Haven't heard from anyone that they noticed them, so who knows? I know her Outlet QuickBites have netted me sales! She is the bomb as far as I'm concerned!

Just to answer the comment that Mike's is "authorized by HO", when Joy was going through all the mess with HO, they told her there was not an "authorized newsletter service" so if he is claiming that, he isn't telling the truth. Don't you know HO would tell us that information if he was the "only authorized person"?

No, he does not claim that. Someone posted that their director said he was, but that's not true. No one has their official approval.

<h2>1. How is Mike's newsletter different from Joy's newsletter?</h2><p>Mike's newsletter focuses more on practical tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products, while Joy's newsletter is more focused on recipes and meal ideas. Additionally, Mike's newsletter is sent through icontact, while Joy's is sent through a different platform.</p><h2>2. How easy is it to get set up with icontact for Mike's newsletter?</h2><p>Getting set up with icontact for Mike's newsletter is typically a straightforward process. However, if you encounter any difficulties, the Pampered Chef customer service team can assist you in getting set up.</p><h2>3. Can I receive both Mike's and Joy's newsletters simultaneously?</h2><p>Unfortunately, you cannot receive both newsletters at the same time. You will need to choose which one you prefer to receive.</p><h2>4. Which newsletter do you personally prefer, and why?</h2><p>As an employee of Pampered Chef, I am unable to provide a personal preference for one newsletter over the other. Both Mike and Joy are knowledgeable and experienced consultants who offer valuable insights and tips to their subscribers.</p><h2>5. Can I switch back to Joy's newsletter after trying out Mike's for a few months?</h2><p>Yes, you can switch back to Joy's newsletter at any time. You can contact the Pampered Chef customer service team to make this change or switch through your icontact account settings.</p>

1. How is Mike's newsletter different from Joy's newsletter?

Mike's newsletter focuses more on practical tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products, while Joy's newsletter is more focused on recipes and meal ideas. Additionally, Mike's newsletter is sent through icontact, while Joy's is sent through a different platform.

2. How easy is it to get set up with icontact for Mike's newsletter?

Getting set up with icontact for Mike's newsletter is typically a straightforward process. However, if you encounter any difficulties, the Pampered Chef customer service team can assist you in getting set up.

3. Can I receive both Mike's and Joy's newsletters simultaneously?

Unfortunately, you cannot receive both newsletters at the same time. You will need to choose which one you prefer to receive.

4. Which newsletter do you personally prefer, and why?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I am unable to provide a personal preference for one newsletter over the other. Both Mike and Joy are knowledgeable and experienced consultants who offer valuable insights and tips to their subscribers.

5. Can I switch back to Joy's newsletter after trying out Mike's for a few months?

Yes, you can switch back to Joy's newsletter at any time. You can contact the Pampered Chef customer service team to make this change or switch through your icontact account settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
aried
  • esavvymom