• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any ideas for a low-carb fajita recipe without using the microwave?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a replacement recipe for fajitas due to the host's microwave being too small. Options such as using cookware or the Cool and Serve are suggested, as well as cooking the fajitas in a skillet instead of the Deep Covered Baker. The discussion also touches on dietary restrictions and the use of different kitchen tools.
makeawhisk
Anyone have any ideas for a replacement recippe? I was going to make the Rush Hour Fajitas at Sunday's show, but found out today that the host's microwave is too small. The baker won't even fit. Glad I know now, but she's seen the DCB before and was really excited about showcasing it, so I'm kind of stuck on what to do now.

We were going to do fajitas and fresh salsa. She doesn't want to turn the oven on, since it's been so hot here. She's eating low-carb, and with the fajitas, liked that her guests could eat regular food, but she could just skip the tortilla and still stick with her diet. I'm just not sure what would be a good replacement recipe. I'd like to avoid pizza and dough because of the low carb thing.

Any ideas? There's still time for a test run tomorrow or Saturday, so it's okay if it's a recipe I'm not familiar with.

TIA!

I always bring my microwave when I know a host's is too small. I hate not featuring that baker.

Do you have the grill pan or one you could borrow? I know she doesn't want to heat up the oven but 15 minutes on the stove top shouldn't be too bad.

What about the square stoneware pan? If you have that and the medium bar pan for a lid (I think that is the right size), you can still do the recipe. You won't have as much room.

How about making the fajitas in the 12" skillet? I do that sometimes and it's just as quick as the dcb. Plus you'll be showing off the skillet! Use chicken strips, put the lid on and let the skillet work while you make the salsa in the mfp. Then use the salad choppers to chop the chicken in the skillet (non-stick bottom won't scratch the pan).

Featuring cookware was going to be my suggestion too! I did this on Tuesday - my host's microwave was too small also.

or make them in the DCB before you go! That's what I do (and what I'm doing next Thursday) I'll just cook them, place them in a ziploc, wash out the DCB and put the ziploc back inside. Once guests arrive, just pour the ziploc back into the DCB and serve.Or, since next month is cookware savings, you could use cookware instead. Still take the DCB and explain how you could make the same fajitas in the microwave so that you don't heat up the house.

I, too, would focus on the cookware. Or on the Cool and Serve, making a Skinny Dipping show.

I keep an extra microwave just for such instances. I have used it a few times. Also, you can cook the chicken in the grill pan and do the peppers and onions in the large or small micro cooker. Just a thought.

How about making the fajitas in the 12" skillet? I do that sometimes and it's just as quick as the dcb. Plus you'll be showing off the skillet! Use chicken strips, put the lid on and let the skillet work while you make the salsa in the mfp. Then use the salad choppers to chop the chicken in the skillet (non-stick bottom won't scratch the pan).

I just found out that my host for the end of the month doesn't have a microwave and her husband won't allow one in the house, so I am going to the 12" skillet option, since I don't have the grill pan. Do you cook the peppers and onions right in with the chicken? How hot? About medium heat with the lid on and a quick stir part way through?

What is the size of the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef measures 11 1/2" x 10 1/4" x 7" and can hold up to 12 cups of food.

Can the Deep Covered Baker be used in all microwaves?

The Deep Covered Baker is designed to fit in most standard sized microwaves. However, it may be too large for smaller or compact microwaves.

What should I do if the Deep Covered Baker doesn't fit in my microwave?

If the Deep Covered Baker is too large for your microwave, you can try using it in a conventional oven instead. Or, you can look into purchasing a smaller sized Deep Covered Baker that will fit in your microwave.

Can the Deep Covered Baker be used in a convection microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used in a convection microwave. Just make sure to follow the specific instructions for using the convection feature in your microwave's manual.

Is the Deep Covered Baker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the microwave. It is made of stoneware that is specifically designed and tested to be used in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• michellemash
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies