• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Perfect Microwave: Tips for Post-Christmas Sales

In summary, the individual is looking for a new microwave and is considering a 900 watt one. They have also considered a lower wattage option.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am hoping to pick up a new microwave in the post-Christmas sales.

I don't necessarily want a 1100 or 1200 watt one ... I had one of those and had trouble with circuits being blown. But 800 is just not enough. Plus the turntable does not turn.

I've seen some 900 watt (.900 cubic feet) and I was wondering if one of those would accomodate the DCB and our recipies.

Anyone? Anyone? Buhler?

If you lived near me you could buy my microwave at a great deal. I won it in a cookie bake off contest. It's an over the range Frigidaire, black. Can't seem to get rid of it. I like my microwave. It's a high wattage, no convection and it goes back and forth inside instead of around. No problem with the DCB or even the Rectangle Baker. I do have to turn things around half way through cooking sometimes, not always. I like that I can use the timer and the cooker at the same time. I used to have a Sharp. I loved that too.

Oh, I wish I could use the timer and cook at the same time too!

I sized up the 900 watt microwaves. They seemed a bit on the dinky side. Short of carrying my DCB into Wal-Mart ... I'm just not sure.

I did see one that was $10 more and was a higher wattage. I'd prefer to wait until after Christmas but not sure if they will have these kinds of sales then.

I just lowered the price on my microwave because it went on sale at Best Buy. It was 169.99, and now it's about $145. Check out the sales. Hope you find one.

I would NEVER buy from Worst Buy. Ever since they double-charged my debit card and caused me to incur overdraft fees! (Then had me talking to people from India .. and none of them understood what I was saying!)

I'm actually looking to spend under $100 ... closer to $50 if I can find it.

What is the best way to use my microwave for cooking?

The best way to use your microwave for cooking is to follow the instructions provided in your Pampered Chef recipe. Additionally, make sure to use microwave-safe containers and cover your food to prevent splattering.

Can I use metal in the microwave?

No, you should never use metal in the microwave as it can cause sparks and potentially damage your microwave. Always use microwave-safe materials such as glass, ceramic, or plastic.

How do I know if my dish is microwave-safe?

Most dishes will have a label that indicates whether they are safe for use in the microwave. If there is no label, you can perform a quick test by microwaving the dish with a small amount of water for 1 minute. If the dish stays cool and the water gets hot, it is likely safe for use in the microwave.

How do I prevent my food from drying out in the microwave?

To prevent your food from drying out in the microwave, make sure to cover it with a lid, plastic wrap, or a damp paper towel. This will help trap the moisture and prevent your food from becoming too dry.

Can I cook frozen food in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook frozen food in the microwave, but it may take longer than the recommended cooking time for thawed food. Make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging and use a microwave-safe container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
raebates