• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave suggestions

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I am hoping to pick up a new microwave in the post-Christmas sales.

I don't necessarily want a 1100 or 1200 watt one ... I had one of those and had trouble with circuits being blown. But 800 is just not enough. Plus the turntable does not turn.

I've seen some 900 watt (.900 cubic feet) and I was wondering if one of those would accomodate the DCB and our recipies.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Anyone? Anyone? Buhler?

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
If you lived near me you could buy my microwave at a great deal. I won it in a cookie bake off contest. It's an over the range Frigidaire, black. Can't seem to get rid of it. I like my microwave. It's a high wattage, no convection and it goes back and forth inside instead of around. No problem with the DCB or even the Rectangle Baker. I do have to turn things around half way through cooking sometimes, not always. I like that I can use the timer and the cooker at the same time. I used to have a Sharp. I loved that too.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Oh, I wish I could use the timer and cook at the same time too!

I sized up the 900 watt microwaves. They seemed a bit on the dinky side. Short of carrying my DCB into Wal-Mart ... I'm just not sure.

I did see one that was $10 more and was a higher wattage. I'd prefer to wait until after Christmas but not sure if they will have these kinds of sales then.

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
I just lowered the price on my microwave because it went on sale at Best Buy. It was 169.99, and now it's about $145. Check out the sales. Hope you find one.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I would NEVER buy from Worst Buy. Ever since they double-charged my debit card and caused me to incur overdraft fees! (Then had me talking to people from India .. and none of them understood what I was saying!)

I'm actually looking to spend under $100 ... closer to $50 if I can find it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views