• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Microwave Roasting in the DCB Worth Trying for a Juicy Roast?

In summary, the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is a stoneware dish specifically designed for use in the microwave. It is safe to use in the microwave as it is made of stoneware that can withstand high temperatures. To roast in the DCB, simply place meat or vegetables in the dish, cover it with the lid, microwave on high, and then let it rest before serving. The DCB can also be used for other cooking methods such as baking, steaming, and grilling. It does not require added water or oil, as the lid helps to retain moisture and enhance the flavors of the food.
djkj
Has anyone tried cooling a roast in the DCB in the microwave like the pork tenderloin? If so, how long, etc?

I did a pork roast this past week, and it took about 20-30 minutes (after the first 12 minutes I kept taking it out to check it, and added time, so I'm not sure exactly how long it took). It did turn out really good, though!

I'm not sure how long a beef roast would take, but certainly not less time than this. Just be sure to use your Pocket Thermometer!

I made a beef roast in it (I don't know what cut) and it was a little chewy.

I would personally never do a beef roast in the microwave. Most beef roasts need low and slow cooking to make them tender.

Tried it too.. ick is all I can say. In the oven however,in the DCB, it's THE BEST!

What is the DCB?

The DCB stands for "Deep Covered Baker." It is a stoneware dish specifically designed for use in the microwave.

Is it safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is microwave safe. It is made of stoneware that is designed to withstand high temperatures, making it safe for use in the microwave.

How do I "roast" in the DCB?

To roast in the DCB, simply place your desired meat or vegetables in the dish and cover it with the lid. Microwave on high for the recommended time, then let it rest for a few minutes before serving.

Can I use the DCB for other cooking methods?

Yes, the DCB is versatile and can be used for other cooking methods such as baking, steaming, and even grilling. Just be sure to follow the instructions and adjust cooking times accordingly.

Do I need to add water or oil when using the DCB?

No, the DCB is designed to cook with minimal added liquid or oil. The lid creates a seal that helps to retain moisture and enhance the flavors of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pjpamchef