• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking in the Heat: Microwave Ideas for a California Desert Summer

In summary, Jennipher was living out in the California Desert and it was currently 98 degrees outside. She was looking for ideas for cooking in the micro range and came up with some ideas for microwave dishes. She also had a show coming up in June and wanted a dessert for that. She found many non-cook desserts on the Pampered Chef website that she could potentially use.
Jpher
I am living out here in the California Desert where it is currently 98 degrees and climbing today and not a sole is interested in me cooking a dish for them. I really need some microwave ideas. I know all about our micro rice cooker but have heard of some micro cakes with the fluted pan and would love the recipes for those or some other ideas. I have a few shows for June and would love something for that. Thank You, Jennipher

Maybe you can get them interested with a noncook recipe .... maybe a cool dessert! If you go to the Pampered Chef website and do a search for cooking methods....noncook desserts, you get TONS!

Search Criteria

“Cooking Methods”
“No-Bake Dessert”

Your recipe search for ... Can be found in ... Page
Apple Berry Crisp Casual Cooking 118
Apple Berry Freeze Product Use and Care
Apple-Rhubarb Crisp Delightful Desserts 57
Asian Beef Noodles Product Use and Care
Banana Walnut Cake Delightful Desserts 43
Bananas Foster Stir-Fry Casual Cooking 121
Bananas Foster Stir-Fry Product Use and Care
Brown Cows Product Use and Care
Butter Pecan Chocolate Fudge Product Use and Care
Butterscotch Dip Product Use and Care
Cappuccino Freeze Product Use and Care
Cappuccino Freeze The Pampered Chef Classics 54
Chocolate Peanut Clusters Product Use and Care
Chocolate Strawberry Delight Product Use and Care
Classic Dill Dip Product Use and Care
Delicate Gingered Fruit Product Use and Care
Easy Decorator's Frosting Product Use and Care
Easy Melon Ice Delightful Desserts 21
Easy Melon Slush Delightful Desserts 21
Gelatin Slush Product Use and Care
Grasshopper Dessert Squares Delightful Desserts 6
Grasshopper Torte Product Use and Care
Grilled Chicken Fajitas Product Use and Care
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Product Use and Care
Homemade Fudge Sauce Product Use and Care
Mom's Apple Crisp All the Best 99
Mom's Apple Crisp Product Use and Care
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake The Pampered Chef Classics 52
Orangesicle Fruit Ring Delightful Desserts 15
Pine-Apple Crisp Delightful Desserts 57
Pineapple Orange Frozen Yogurt Product Use and Care
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Cake Delightful Desserts 83
Quick Carrot Cake Delightful Desserts 43
Quick Chocolate-Mint Fudge Delightful Desserts 9
Raspberry Dream Cheesecake Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2003 30
Snow Cone Syrup Product Use and Care
Strawberries & Cream Cloud Delightful Desserts 86
Strawberry Ice Delightful Desserts 29
Strawberry Sherbet Product Use and Care
Summer Fruit Sampler Delightful Desserts 112
Sunshine Cake Casual Cooking 104
Volteado de Piña y Chocolate a la Estufa Una Muestra de The Pampered Chef® SS2005 31
Watermelon Ice Product Use and Care

Lemon 10 min cakeI recently did a classic white batter, plopped lemon icing on top and when it was finished, filled the center with blueberries....delicious, quick, moist and colorful! I sold 3 fluted stones at that show.

Orangesicle Fruit Ring??Does anyone have a copy of this recipe? I am thinking it might be good with our new spring colors...

~Jenny

Orangesicle Fruit Ring
(Delightful Desserts...pg 15)

1 (1/2 gallon) container fat-free, no sugar added vanilla ice cream
1 (1 quart) container orange sherbet
3 cups honeydew melon balls
3 cups cantaloupe cubes
2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 cup blueberries
1/2 pint raspberries

1. Fit collar of Springform Pan around fluted ring base. Place pan in freezer and ice cream (but not sherbet) in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cut two pieces of Parchment Paper, 30x2 1/2 inches and 13x2 1/2 inches. Brush pan with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush. Place paper around inside of collar and around ring in center, brushing ends with oil to seal.

2. Remove sherbet from container and cut into 1 inch thick slices on Cutting Board. Arrange slices in bottom of pan, cutting pieces to make an even layer. Smooth surface with All-Purpose Spreader. Repeat with ice cream to fill pan. Smooth surface, cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.

3. When ready to serve, scoop honeydew melon into balls using Small Scoop. Cut peeled cantaloupe into cubes using Crinkle Cutter. Slice peeled kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus.

4. Place Springform Pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Invert onto Chillzanne Platter. Release collar and remove paper around outside of ring. Dip clean kitchen towel in hot water, wring dry and place over base of pan for several minutes until loosened. (Rewarming towel may be necessary). Remove base and paper around inside of ring. Arrange fruit inside and around frozen ring. Using Nylon Knife dipped in hot water, slice ring and serve with fruit using Large Serving Tongs.

Makes 24 servings.

1. How can I cook a full meal in the microwave during hot summers in the California desert?

One option is to use a microwave steamer to cook vegetables and proteins at the same time. You can also make a quick and easy pasta dish by cooking noodles in the microwave and adding pre-cooked meat and vegetables.

2. Can I grill food in the microwave to avoid using the oven in the heat?

No, grilling food in the microwave is not recommended as it can lead to uneven cooking and may not produce the desired texture. However, you can use a microwave-safe grill pan to mimic the taste and appearance of grilled food.

3. What are some creative microwave ideas for side dishes during the summer?

You can make a refreshing summer salad by microwaving corn on the cob, then cutting off the kernels and mixing them with diced tomatoes, avocado, and a vinaigrette dressing. You can also make a quick and easy quinoa or couscous salad by microwaving the grains and adding your favorite vegetables and protein.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef stoneware in the microwave during the summer?

Yes, Pampered Chef stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. It is recommended to preheat the stoneware in the microwave for 5 minutes before cooking on it to ensure even heating and prevent cracking.

5. How can I make desserts in the microwave for a summer party?

You can make a delicious and easy fruit crisp by microwaving sliced fruit with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon, then topping it with a mixture of oats, flour, and butter before microwaving again. You can also make a quick and simple mug cake by microwaving a mix of cake mix, eggs, and oil in a mug for a few minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LCOLACHICO
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • Cape_PC