• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Microwave Lasagna Recipe for Oven-less Cooking!

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a broken oven and the search for alternative cooking methods. The speaker shares their experience with using a microwave and deep covered baker to make lasagna, and recommends adding extra liquid to ensure the noodles cook properly. They also mention a 29-minute skillet lasagna recipe and cooking meatloaf in the baker. The conversation ends with the speaker offering to answer any further questions and wishing the other person happy cooking.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hi all,

Our oven is now unusable and I've ordered a new one but we won't have it until next Friday. Our stovetop/range is still functional but not having an oven to use is making us of course craving things that require the oven.

So I'm looking for some microwave deep covered baker recipes and I found one for microwave lasagna though I'd probably just tweak my normal oven lasagna towards it but I'm curious if it's any good. The one I found says to use oven ready no boil noodles which makes sense but I've used those once before in the oven and it came out awful and I vowed to never use them again.

So I'm just asking if anyone has tried it and how it came out in the microwave?? Any feedback is appreciated.

I have not tried the recipe, so can't answer. BUT the 29-minute Skillet Lasagna recipe tastes like regular lasagna to me....just already cut up! and so much quicker.

I have not tried the Lasgna in the DCB in the microwave but I cook my recipe for meatloaf in the baker and will never use the oven again. It cooks in 30 min. instead of an hour and 20 min. and is moist and delicious with no spots that are too done.

I've eaten the lasanga, but have never made it. It was good. I can't remember if no-boil or regular noodles was used. I do know that it needed more time to "set" (it was at a show, and served too fast lol)...

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your oven is out of commission, but I'm glad to hear that your stovetop/range is still functional. It can definitely be frustrating when our kitchen appliances break down, but it sounds like you have a plan in place with using your microwave and deep covered baker.

I have personally made lasagna in the microwave using the deep covered baker and it turned out great! I also used oven ready no boil noodles, and they worked perfectly in the microwave. The key is to make sure you have enough liquid in the dish to allow the noodles to cook properly. I would suggest following the recipe you found and adding a little extra sauce or water if needed to ensure the noodles are fully cooked.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your microwave lasagna. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with. Happy cooking!

1. Can I make lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is specifically designed to be used in the microwave and is safe for cooking lasagna.

2. What ingredients do I need to make microwave lasagna in the DCB?

You will need lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, ground beef or Italian sausage, ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and any additional desired seasonings or vegetables.

3. How long does it take to cook the lasagna in the microwave?

Cooking time will vary based on the wattage of your microwave, but on average, it will take about 15-20 minutes to cook the lasagna in the DCB.

4. Can I use frozen lasagna in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen lasagna in the DCB, but it may take longer to cook. It is recommended to thaw the lasagna before cooking for best results.

5. Do I need to cover the DCB while cooking the lasagna in the microwave?

No, the DCB does not need to be covered while cooking lasagna in the microwave. However, you can cover it with the lid or vented cover if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa