• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Grips: Discussion & Reviews

In summary, these microwave grips are a great way to easily remove items from the microwave or oven. They are also great for lifting heavier items. Some people have difficulty using them due to lack of finger strength.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Microwave Grips. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

I love the idea of these! I haven't seen them yet (didn't go to Launch). I have a set that I bought YEARS ago that are always next to my oven. I use them daily! I think mine were made by Pyrex. I do many parties at my house and people always ask where I got them. I just hope we aren't "a day late so a dollar short" for this market.

I'm very excited about these grips. How many times have I used my big, bulky pot holders to get things out of the microwave, only to get them all gooped up because I dragged them across the food in the dish.We were joking around with them at launch using them as lips too.

I don't recall how much they were, but they might make a great add-on for anyone who buys a DCB or the new stones for the microwave. Or even as a GIFT from consultant for anyone who purchases a DCB at a show, etc.

$9 in Canada for the pair. I agree –*everybody could use a set of these.

I also thought they would be great to take bagels out of the toaster (regular two slice not a toaster oven) for my egg sandwiches.

Great idea about the toaster oven. They might be awesome for that.
I'd use them a ton if they worked.

Just a regular toaster, I think they said they weren't made for ovens so I'm not sure if it would work on a toaster oven.

Decided last night I really need a set of these. Made 30 Minute Chicken in my Mini Baker (wont do that again, it fit but boiled over. Next time I don't want to pull out the DCB, I pull out the DDB) and almost burned my fingers. The dish was a mess and I didn't want to dirty any hot pads.

I fell in love with these when I saw them at launch. So many times I go to pull my DCB out of the microwave and use big bulky oven mitts that I hate and I always feel like I'm going to drop whatever I'm holding. I think these will be perfect. They'll definitely be a great add-on for any piece of stoneware.

This one product I was ho hum about until this discussion. Can hardly wait to try them in the microwave now.
Now that I've seen them in the catalog I realize I was handed something like these about a year ago at a show. I'd forgotten my hot pads and this is what the host gave me to get a stone out of the oven. Crazy!
Plus I will be trying them out with my toaster oven also- since they're silicone.

Directions say not to use in the oven. Why not????

I am wondering if they mean not to leave them in the oven on items? I have used them on items to take them from the oven and microwave and had no problems. I LOVE THEM!

I am in LOVE with these. So excited to take the egg cooker and SRB out of the micro with them, as well as bowls and plates. Used them today to get flat stones out of the oven. These will be a must-have that I'll promote at my shows this spring. At $7.50 it's an easy add-on item for people.

Yes! I agree, these make a great add on! Plus they remind me of big lips- so I think they're so cute!

Love Love Love these! They work great in my toaster oven too. I'm just leaving them on my counter because I'm using them everyday! And I think the price point is perfect!

They are good if you have good finger strength. I have RA and very little strength in my fingers. I wish they were a little bigger to fit more of your finger in there. I've used them but only with lifting plates I was reheating out because I couldn't lift anything heavier. I'm happy to hear that others have good success with them!!

I have to say that these are my surprise favorite product! I keep them sitting right next to the stove. I don't use my microwave much at all, but they work beautifully for lifting the hot handle of the grill press, and for grabbing cookie sheets out of the oven, and for lifting the hot lids off from my bakers that have come from the oven, and skillet lids used in the oven. I've discovered that I use them several times a day! So much easier than the bulky pot holders, etc...AND (Drum roll please!) NO MORE SMOOSHED COOKIES! You know how that happens when the pot holder goes over the edge of cookie sheet, and flattens/crumples at least one cookie? Not with these babies!

I'm going to have to get another set to keep with my demo stuff. I'm using them so often- 1 set isn't leaving my kitchen.

The Use & Care instructions say no to use in oven, my thought is that they are so small you could potentially burn yourself when using them to remove pans from oven. They are perfect for the microwave, I have lifted my DCB lid successfully (which is usually awkward) & plates. They are terrific!

They are not to be left in the oven. They can be used to remove small pans from the oven without worry.

I love these!! And last night I found another use for them - I made spaghetti squash in the microwave, took it out with these (of course), but then...used them to hold the edge of the squash while I pulled the strands!! Worked perfectly and no burned fingers! I agree with Deb - I need a set to keep with my demo items, they're used too much to leave the kitchen.

I had these out at Show I just had and someone was toying with them and finally asked me .. so what do I do with them?? Well my honest thought was .. Hmmmmmmm!! LOL But then it came to me and I just went with it telling the woman that they thought to come out with these due to the fact that pot holders can be bulky when trying to get out stoneware like bar pans and you get those into the food and since most pot holders are made with a cotton type material they can be slippery on items like the DCB. so they made these little grippers so that anyone can get a good grip on a piece of stoneware or bakeware without dropping them cuz of how "grippy" they actually were. Everyone seemed to like my answer and I told 4 that night!

chefloretta said:
The Use & Care instructions say no to use in oven, my thought is that they are so small you could potentially burn yourself when using them to remove pans from oven. They are perfect for the microwave, I have lifted my DCB lid successfully (which is usually awkward) & plates. They are terrific!
This is the response I go from HO when I questioned oven use:
The reason we do not recommend using the Microwave Grips in the oven is because the design leaves a large amount of exposed skin. Because of the slim design, a person could easily burn their forearms, wrists, etc. if they come in contact with a hot rack in the oven.

OMG! These work awesome for nail polish bottles! I couldn't get it open and my husband couldn't get it open. He used the grips and voila!
They worked great! Use one for the bottom and one for the top.

cochef said:
Directions say not to use in the oven. Why not????

Generally, the pans we use in the oven have bigger, thicker handles and these will fit but not easily. Also, your hands are not protected from the heat from the oven when using these. So my take is that it is more of a safety issue rather than the grips won't stand up in the oven.

They are also great for babies teething. Their little hands can easily hold them. :baby::baby::baby:

Great idea for babies teething. Many new mom's don't want their babies teething on plastic- these being silicone- perfect.

1. What are microwave grips and how do they work?

Microwave grips are specially designed silicone or cloth pads that are used to handle hot dishes or containers in the microwave. They work by providing a non-slip and heat-resistant surface for you to safely hold and transport hot items in and out of the microwave.

2. Are microwave grips safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, microwave grips are specifically made to be safe for use in the microwave. They are heat-resistant and will not melt or release any harmful chemicals when exposed to high temperatures.

3. Can I use microwave grips with any type of dish?

Yes, microwave grips can be used with any type of microwave-safe dish or container. They are also safe to use with metal cookware, as long as the metal does not touch the sides of the microwave or come in contact with the food.

4. How do I clean and maintain my microwave grips?

Cleaning and maintaining microwave grips is easy. You can simply wash them with warm soapy water or put them in the dishwasher. Make sure to let them air dry completely before using them again.

5. Are there different sizes or styles of microwave grips available?

Yes, there are various sizes and styles of microwave grips available to suit different needs. Some are designed for large dishes, while others are meant for smaller containers. There are also different colors and patterns to choose from to match your kitchen decor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Admin Greg