• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Micro Cake Recipe for Newbies: A Guide from a Micro Queen

In summary, the cake is done when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. You can make it in a regular pie plate or in a fluted pan.
leannvv
New here and keep seeing micro cake mentioned. My 1st show is mid month and I would love to have a recipe- this lady is a micro queen! Thanks!

I would just type in the search micro-cakes, there are lots of threads devoted to this making them in the fluted stoneware pan, or the micro-rice cooker. All I do is use any cake mix I usually omit some of the water and oil it says to use, add a few scoops of frosting around the top, (1/2 can or less) then throw it in the microwave the stone takes about 12 to 15 minutes depending on the microwave and the rice cooker takes about 9 to 13 minutes again depending on the microwave.

As the cake bakes the icing melts faster and sinks to the bottom of the pan, so when you turn it out the icing just oozes down the sides of the cake. Basically the cake is done when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan some. I read someone else had made it before they left for a meeting and so it sat at least 15 minutes on the drive and when she flipped it out it was more solid than usual so she said she would do it that way from now on. I personally like it when it's hot and gooey, but I am never at home with ice cream to throw on top, :( when I make it, lol.

HTH
Jen

Thanks, Jen! :) I'll search!

There was also a thread here awhile back about the 'sunshine cake'. It's found in the Casual Cooking cookbook, made in the micro in the fluted pan... and is awesome this time of year!

The Micro queen should also have a To Die For Cheese Dip---made in the pie plate----u can use crackers or little nacho chips

I have a 5 to a sheet recipe e-mail --if u want it I can send it privately--don't know how to attach it here
To Die For Cheese Dip
8 oz. cream cheese
2 thinly sliced green onions
12 crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 cup, cooked crumbled bacon
1 cup mayo
8 oz shredded colby jack cheese

Mix cream cheese , mayo, onions and cheese in batter bowl. Spread in stoneware pie plate.Top with crushed crackers and bacon--Microwave 4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers or little nachos.

I take this and the ice cream sandwich torte in the summer..
NO oven.

3-2-1 Cake (VERY EASY!)

3 eggs
2 cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
1 cake mix

Whisk eggs and sour cream together in Classic Batter Bowl, add cake mix and mix thoroughly with Small Mix 'N Scraper. Spray Fluted Stoneware with oil and pour mixture in, spreading evenly. Place Fluted Stoneware in microwave with turntable. Microwave for 13 minutes on High. It's done when cake pulls away from sides of pan. Let cool for five minutes. Invert onto a plate and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with ice cream and fresh fruit!

(Note: If microwave does not have a turntable, then turn 1/4 turn every 3 minutes).

Beth in PA

Would love it, Susan!
[email protected]
thanks!

I don't have the fluted pan- would anything else work for the cake?

1. What is "The Micro Cake Recipe for Newbies: A Guide from a Micro Queen"?

"The Micro Cake Recipe for Newbies: A Guide from a Micro Queen" is a recipe guide specifically designed for those who are new to using a microwave for baking. It includes step-by-step instructions on how to make a delicious and easy cake using the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker.

2. What is a Micro-Cooker and why is it recommended for this recipe?

A Micro-Cooker is a specialized microwave-safe cooking tool from Pampered Chef that is perfect for making single-serving meals or desserts. It is recommended for this recipe because it helps to evenly distribute heat, resulting in a perfectly cooked and moist cake.

3. Do I need any special ingredients for this recipe?

No, all the ingredients needed for this recipe can be found in most kitchens. You will need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and an egg.

4. How long does it take to make a Micro Cake using this recipe?

This recipe is designed to be quick and easy, so the total cooking time is only about 5 minutes. However, the actual time may vary depending on the power of your microwave.

5. Can I customize the recipe to make different flavors of Micro Cakes?

Absolutely! This recipe is a great base for any type of cake you want to make. You can add different flavorings, like cocoa powder or citrus zest, or even mix in some chocolate chips or nuts to create your own unique Micro Cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bknowles67
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies