• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Microwave Cookers and Rice Cookers Safe? Ask Mandy!

In summary, there have been concerns raised about the safety of using plastic in the microwave, but the FDA has deemed microwave-safe plastic containers as safe. Our micro cookers and rice cooker are made from BPA-free plastic and are considered microwave safe. However, if there are concerns, glass containers or stoneware can be used instead. It's important to follow instructions and use caution when heating food in the microwave.
mandak
I have been a member for about 2 months now and have not seen anything about this so if it was I apologize.

Lately I have been hearing a lot about not using any plastic in the microwave from plastic wrap to microwave "safe" tupperware, glad ware, etc. I have had a few friends who have thrown all their plastic stuff away.
How do our micro cookers and rice cooker compare? I have done the cake in the rice cooker before at shows but haven't been doing it or even talking about it lately because I am not sure what to say when someone says "using anything but glass in the microwave can cause cancer!"

Thanks,
mandy

Check these links outhttp://www.foodsafety.gov/~fsg/fs-mwave.html
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/dioxins.htm
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MED/content/MED_6_1x_Microwaving_Plastic.asp?sitearea=MED

Cooking in the microwave is fine as long as the container or plastic wrap is labeled microwave-safe. Hopefully this will help to reassure your guests....of course some people are just paranoid and scared of everything, like aluminum in deodorant causing alzheimer's....:)

Hi Mandy,Thank you for bringing this up. This is definitely an important topic to address. While there have been some concerns raised about the safety of using plastic in the microwave, there is no conclusive evidence that it can cause cancer. The main concern is the potential for chemicals in plastic to leach into food when heated in the microwave. However, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has deemed microwave-safe plastic containers to be safe for use in the microwave as long as they are used according to the manufacturer's instructions.As for our micro cookers and rice cooker, they are made from BPA-free plastic and are considered microwave safe. However, if you or your customers have concerns about using plastic in the microwave, you can always recommend using glass containers or our stoneware products instead. These are also safe for use in the microwave and do not have any potential for chemicals to leach into food.It's always important to use caution when heating food in the microwave, regardless of the type of container used. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid using containers that are not labeled as microwave safe. It's also a good idea to let food cool for a few minutes before removing it from the microwave to avoid potential burns.I hope this helps address your concerns and gives you some information to share with your customers. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Home Office for more information.Best,

1. Are microwave cookers safe to use?

Yes, microwave cookers are generally safe to use. They are designed with safety features such as automatic shut-off and proper ventilation to prevent accidents. However, it's important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution when handling hot food.

2. Can I cook rice in a microwave cooker?

Yes, you can cook rice in a microwave cooker. Our Pampered Chef microwave rice cooker is specifically designed for cooking rice in the microwave and has a special lid that helps create the perfect steam for fluffy rice.

3. Are microwave cookers and rice cookers the same thing?

No, microwave cookers and rice cookers are not the same thing. While they both use heat to cook food, microwave cookers use electromagnetic waves to heat the food while rice cookers use a heating element to cook the food. Our Pampered Chef microwave cooker is specifically designed for cooking in the microwave while our rice cooker is designed for stovetop use.

4. Are microwave cookers and rice cookers safe for reheating food?

Yes, both microwave cookers and rice cookers are safe for reheating food. However, it's important to use caution when reheating certain types of food, such as foods with high oil content, as they can overheat and cause a fire hazard. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution when reheating food in any kitchen appliance.

5. Can I use metal utensils in microwave cookers and rice cookers?

No, it is not safe to use metal utensils in microwave cookers and rice cookers. Metal can cause sparks and potentially damage the appliance. It's best to use utensils made from heat-resistant materials such as silicone or plastic when using these appliances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • MaddyandOwensMom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MaddyandOwensMom
  • chefsteph07