• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Microwave Cobbler Recipe: Easy and Moist in Just 15 Minutes!

I followed the recipe exactly and it was excellent.Let me know how it comes out.Are you all using the lid when you microwave?I do not use the lid when I mw the cakes.It was delicious! It did not need the butter. My only complaint is that it was a little dry. My coworkers all loved it.I put the pie filling down first then the cake mix on top. Did not use the lid. It was delicious! It did not need the
taterbug
My director sent a recipe for cobbler in the DCB (microwave). Basically, you layer a dry cake mix, can of pie filling and 1 1/2 sticks of butter. Microwave for 10 minutes - stir - microwave another 2 to 3 minutes.
I made this last night and it was very tasty (I used a butter pecan cake mix and apple pie filling), but I think it could be a little more moist. Any ideas?

I will have to try this first and see how it turns out for me.

taterbug said:
My director sent a recipe for cobbler in the DCB (microwave). Basically, you layer a dry cake mix, can of pie filling and 1 1/2 sticks of butter. Microwave for 10 minutes - stir - microwave another 2 to 3 minutes.
I made this last night and it was very tasty (I used a butter pecan cake mix and apple pie filling), but I think it could be a little more moist. Any ideas?

I actually haven't tried this yet but was wondering if the cake mix you used was labeled "moist".

it sounds an awful lot like the dump cake that was on another thread a while back... will look back and see and see if there is something else to add...

I made this for our cluster meeting and it was a big hit!

I use yellow cake mix (no butter recipe) and cherry pie filling.
Followed the directions as in the first post and then sprinkled one of our sprinkels on top before returning it for the last 2-3 minutes.

It was great!

Kelly V. :chef:

also to add, another cluster mate made this and did it with an apple like cake mix and apple filling and did not mix it up, it didn't go over so well.

I have done one that you layer first dry cake mix, then can of pie filling, then can of Sprite poured over the top. Can't remember right now how long to cook in microwave but it was really good. I have used chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling together and also yellow cake mix and apple pie filling.

do you put the lid on the DCB when you cook it? If so, it won't fit in my microwave. Does anyone know how long to cook it in the oven?

At our cluster meeting Monday, our Director made one - and her micro is too small for the DCB too.

She baked it at 350 for about 30-35 minutes.

She did 1 can strawberry pie fillling on the bottom, 1 box vanilla cake mix on top and 1-1/2 sticks butter chopped and sprinkled over the top. We all thought it could do with just 1 stick of butter.

It was awesome.

pamperedharriet said:
I actually haven't tried this yet but was wondering if the cake mix you used was labeled "moist".

I'm not sure - I'll check and see though. It was delicious - I am going to make one tomorrow and use two sticks of butter and see if that makes any difference.

Maybe putting the pie filling in first would make a difference. I have a recipe for apple cobbler that I make in the oven and the pie filling (2 cans in the rectangular stone) goes first. After that you spread the cake mix, brown sugar and pats of butter. You bake it for 35 minutes (350), take it out and sprinkle chopped pecans on top of it. Return it to the oven for 15 minutes. You do not stir this particular recipe. It is absolutely delicious!!
I just really like the idea of a microwave cobbler though. I have a show tomorrow night and plan to do the BBQ Chicken Sandwiches and then this cobbler. You can't beat dinner and dessert in 30 minutes!! I am also going to promote the DCB bundle deal - hopefully, I will generate some interest.

I made it w/ 2 cans of pie filling instead of 1, and 1-1/2 sticks of butter. Fattening, but moist and delicious!!!

cookin to the top said:
I made it w/ 2 cans of pie filling instead of 1, and 1-1/2 sticks of butter. Fattening, but moist and delicious!!!
Maybe that is what is missing - not enough pie filling. The texture and taste was fine, but there just seemed to be so much more "crust" than apples. I think I will try that too.

taterbug said:
Maybe that is what is missing - not enough pie filling. The texture and taste was fine, but there just seemed to be so much more "crust" than apples. I think I will try that too.

Let me know how it comes out.

Are you all using the lid when you microwave?

I do not use the lid when I mw the cakes.

Glad to see this post - I tried this with blueberry pie filling and a yellow cake mix. Not thinking (and I even teach art) that when I mixed the blue and yellow together after 10 minutes in the micrwave, it turned green. Tasted great (maybe a bit too moist), but my husband thought it looked like broccoli and could not eat it...LOL.

The following week, I tried spice cake and apple pie filling. I agree, there did not seem to be enough apples, so maybe I'll try with two cans.

BeckyC5830 said:
I do not use the lid when I mw the cakes.

So, don't use the lid for this cobbler? I have used it both times I made it....
I just made it again for the guys at work - this time I used two cans of apples and two sticks of butter and they absolutely loved it. Adding the extra can of filling definitely helped.
I also made the microwave BBQ chicken for them and ended up with around $200 worth of orders from three of the guys!

I did this at the cluster meeting last week.
Used yellow cake mix, canned peaches, 1 1/2 sticks butter (cut into pats) Micro 10 mins, then STIR WELL. Then micro 3 more mins. Topped with cinnamon and cinnamon sprinkles.
SOOO GOOD, gone in mins. Everyone said they will do this at a show...

lpacker said:
Glad to see this post - I tried this with blueberry pie filling and a yellow cake mix. Not thinking (and I even teach art) that when I mixed the blue and yellow together after 10 minutes in the micrwave, it turned green. Tasted great (maybe a bit too moist), but my husband thought it looked like broccoli and could not eat it...LOL.

The following week, I tried spice cake and apple pie filling. I agree, there did not seem to be enough apples, so maybe I'll try with two cans.

LOL!! I'm sure it tasted awesome though! Love blueberries...

mscharf said:
Used yellow cake mix, canned peaches, 1 1/2 sticks butter (cut into pats) Micro 10 mins, then STIR WELL. Then micro 3 more mins. Topped with cinnamon and cinnamon sprinkles.

Not peach pie filling? What size can did you use?

Thanks!

Oh my goodness, this sounds so easy and GOOD!

We too had this at our cluster meeting and was nice and cakey and moist. I made it the other night and it was almost like a bread pudding. Good but not cakey.

loreo said:
Not peach pie filling? What size can did you use?

Thanks!

yes it was peach pie filling. Not surre the size, there was only one size can

I ried the recipe last nigh..I left the lid on the DCB for the first 10 minutes and removed it for the last 3...it seemed rubbery in places, but tasted good. So just leave the lid off for the whole time?? I want to do this at a show, but i want it to be really good, not rubbery any suggestions?:)

i did this last weekend two different times. one with the butter and one with the pop the pop was alot lighter and not so filling. both were good.

newbie71 said:
I ried the recipe last nigh..I left the lid on the DCB for the first 10 minutes and removed it for the last 3...it seemed rubbery in places, but tasted good. So just leave the lid off for the whole time?? I want to do this at a show, but i want it to be really good, not rubbery any suggestions?:)

Two cans of pie filling, two sticks of butter and the lid on is how I have made it the last two times and it was really good. I also layered it: pie filling, cake mix, butter. I used apple pie filling and a butter pecan cake mix. After ten minutes, I sprinkled some of the Sweet Caramel sprinkle in and stirred that up before returning to the microwave for three more minutes. You could also add some finely chopped pecans.

I have done the apple pie filling with butter pecan .. yum yum!! I agree that it needs more pie filling than just one can.
I also do yellow cake mix with cherry pie filling and a can of crushed pineapple. That is a HUGE hit. I alternate between cutting the butter into pats with the egg slicer plus or making sure it is really really cold and shredding it using the RG.

mscharf said:

Did you use canned peaches OR peach pie filling, just wondering:confused:
Deb

oops, sorry I should have read to the end, my bad! I will have to try it with the peach pie fiilling, yummy!
Deb

I use one can of crushed pineapple and one can of cherry pie filling, mix them together in the bottom of the DCB. I sprinkle on the dry cake mix and then pats of 1 stick of butter, 12-15 minutes in the microwave. It is awesome. Just like a dump cake you do in the oven but it doesn't take any time and it is yummmy!!!!

These sound good too! I'm sure getting hungry!

mscharf said:

did you use the juice from the peaches???

annew said:
did you use the juice from the peaches???

use canned peach pie filling (all of it)

I use the large can of canned peaches instead of the pie filling. Guests at my shows love this. In fact, I take two DCB to my shows. When I first get there I put the cobbler in the microwave so it's cooking and making the house smell yummy. Then I do the Barbecue chicken in front of them. This way they can see that they can make meals and/or desserts in them.

Here's a few quick tips. Put the canned peaches in a bowl with the juice and cut them up with the Salad Chopper then pour peaches & juice over the dry cake mix. Stirring it up after 3 minutes really helps. The caramel sprinkles are great to add the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. I also use the egg slicer to cut the butter into slices.

It's a great recipe that you can just walk them through and talk about the Salad Chopper and the sprinkles.

Karen Weber

Thanks for the tips Karen! Do you use a yellow cake mix? Do you buy peaches in syrup? I have my first show next week and my host asked if I could do a peach cobbler. I'm making it at home and bringing it to the show - her microwave is too small.

lpacker said:

This would be great for those March shows!

Yum! I need to find a friend who as a DCB I can borrow for some shows so I can do a Dinner Time in No Time and a cobbler. Great idea Karen!

chezshelly said:
I use one can of crushed pineapple and one can of cherry pie filling, mix them together in the bottom of the DCB. I sprinkle on the dry cake mix and then pats of 1 stick of butter, 12-15 minutes in the microwave. It is awesome. Just like a dump cake you do in the oven but it doesn't take any time and it is yummmy!!!!

This sounds fantastic...like a pineapple upside down cake!

Does anyone have directions on how you'd do a Dump Cake/Cobbler Cake in the regular oven? I'm giving some Mocha Sprinkles recipes to a customer, and wanted to give her this one. She doesn't have a DCB (yet)....so I wanted to give her the variation cooking method for it.Thanks!

esavvymom said:
Does anyone have directions on how you'd do a Dump Cake/Cobbler Cake in the regular oven? I'm giving some Mocha Sprinkles recipes to a customer, and wanted to give her this one. She doesn't have a DCB (yet)....so I wanted to give her the variation cooking method for it.

Thanks!
Preheat oven to 350.
Pour 2 or 3 cans of apple pie filling in greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of brown sugar over apples. Sprinkle a dry Butter Pecan cake mix over top of brown sugar. Thinly slice one stick of butter and layer on top of cake mix. Bake for 30 minutes (I believe it is 30 - trying to do this from memory). Remove from oven and sprinkle finely chopped pecans on top. Return to oven for 15 minutes.

Ok, these all sound wonderful, and I am definitely going to do them at my shows this weekend--just to clarify---2 cans of pie filling, 1 box of cake mix, 1 stick of butter, microwave WITH THE TOP OFF THE DCB, 10 mins., stir, and then 3 mins more? Is that right? Please let me know if this is right--I want to get hold of my hostesses and have them get the ingredients.

Nanisu said:
Ok, these all sound wonderful, and I am definitely going to do them at my shows this weekend--just to clarify---2 cans of pie filling, 1 box of cake mix, 1 stick of butter, microwave WITH THE TOP OFF THE DCB, 10 mins., stir, and then 3 mins more? Is that right? Please let me know if this is right--I want to get hold of my hostesses and have them get the ingredients.

Sounds right to me. I have always microwaved with the lid on, but I think others do it with the lid off.....I don't really know what or how much difference it makes.

well, I know when I m/wave with the DCB lid on it builds up moisture inside the lid (which is, I assume what keeps the chicken, etc. moist), and you wouldn't want that much moisture dripping into your cake? is that right?

When I do mine in the oven, I only keep the lid on for the first half of the baking. I remove the lid for the last half so it browns up.

Ok, here's the verdict--made this today. Peach pie filling at my store was $4.95 a can, at 2 cans that's $10 just for the pie fillings. So....I bought two cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, and drained most of the syrup out. Put the peaches in the bottom of the DCB and cut them up with the Salad Choppers. Sprinkled cinnamon over the top of the peaches, and added 1 T White Karo syrup to make it just a little thicker. Mixed cake mix with 1/2 c. oats to make it more cobbler-like. Sprinkled the cake/oat mixture over the top of the peaches, topped with 1 stick of butter and microwaved uncovered for 10 min. Took it out of the microwave and added chopped walnuts, returned to microwave for 4 min. longer. It's to die for.

Has anyone ever doubled this recipe? Just wondering if it would cook as well or have the same consistency? I'm having a large show (16 people) tomorrow night and want to make sure there's enough to go around. Thanks for the input.

I have actually used the mini-baker to do this recipe... I use cherries or strawberries and white or french vanilla cake mix. I do ONE can filling (cheaper, and you can usually find a store brand of cherries) and approx half of the cake mix. then 1/2 to 2/3 the stick of MELTED butter over the top, and put it in the microwave. I do it uncovered the whole time of course cause it's the mini baker. It's awesome for a smaller party, or you know, a tuesday night... lol.

p.s. if there's any military families out there, offer to buy the filling for your hostess, at the commissary it's usually less than, or about $2 a can! Or sometimes you can find it at the dollar type stores, look around!

Are you all laying the cake mix and THEN the fruit? i was doing the fruit first and then the cake mix and last week at my show it came out kinda gummy.

1. How do I make the microwave cobbler recipe from Pampered Chef?

To make the delicious microwave cobbler recipe, you will need a dry cake mix, a can of pie filling, and 1 1/2 sticks of butter. Layer the ingredients in a microwave-safe dish, starting with the cake mix, followed by the pie filling, and then the butter on top. Microwave for 10 minutes, stir, and then microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes.

2. What kind of cake mix and pie filling should I use for the cobbler?

You can use any flavor of cake mix and pie filling that you prefer. Some popular combinations include yellow cake mix with cherry pie filling, chocolate cake mix with raspberry pie filling, and butter pecan cake mix with apple pie filling.

3. Can I use less butter in the microwave cobbler recipe?

The recipe calls for 1 1/2 sticks of butter, but you can experiment with using less if you prefer. However, using less butter may result in a less moist cobbler.

4. How can I make the cobbler more moist?

If you find that the cobbler is not as moist as you would like, you can try adding a small amount of milk or water to the cake mix before microwaving. You can also try using a different flavor of pie filling, such as a fruit filling, which can add moisture to the cobbler.

5. Can I use a different type of dish to make the microwave cobbler?

The Pampered Chef recipe calls for using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for the cobbler, but you can use any microwave-safe dish as long as it is big enough to hold all the ingredients and has a lid. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as different dishes may heat differently in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • kam