• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Used This Yet? Seeking Advice & Review

In summary, the Simple Slicer is a great product that can be used to make potato chips, apples with cinnamon sugar, and kale.
christina78
Has anyone used this yet? I am a customer asking me what I think about it. I haven't used it yet so I have no advice or review to give her. Can anyone help me out with this?

love it! Did a happy hour party sold 3 and the simple slicer. Just slice portals with SS and. Blot them salt them and pop in the microwave for about 3-4 mins! They are awesome

I have used it both at home and at parties and really like it. You need to stress that, since every microwave cooks differently, you may need to tweak directions. The use and care card allows for this by giving a blank chart to write in cooking times for the customer's use. It is a great way to cross sell the Simple Slicer, which, IMHO, is one of the best products PC has come out with lately. For the consultant, the real key to using the microwave chip maker is practice!

love this as well....I use all sorts of seasonings on the chips to make "Grown-up" potato chips. I recently had a party where the guests kept requesting more! I think we did at least 6 or 7 batches! :) LOL

I demoed this on Saturday and sold 3... there were only 8 people there. 1 had it (I used hers for the demo and got an e-mail this morning that they've been using it since) 3 others added it to their wish lists but they had big enough orders and didn't want to add one more thing... but people RAVED about the chips. All we did were BBQ and plain salted.

I demo this at EVERY party and sell at least one and usually with the Simple Slicer. This weekend the host had a 17 year old so we experimented with the different rubs I had. It was a big hit!

I always make sweet potato chips and white potato chips to bring to parties. The chip maker and the simple slicer are two of my best sellers.

Hi, I just ordered my chip maker because I'm on the HCG diet & can't have chips LOL I know I can make apple chips, but what else can I make that is not potato? I can't wait to try it out!!! Thank you

I LOVE it and sell between 4 to 7 sets (along with the simple slicer) at every party, when it is being demoed. We have done bananas, kale, apples with cinnamon sugar, potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Thank you so much... You you have the recipes, cooking times for those??? : ):D

PLEASE... I'd love the cooking times, procedures for those, too!

Wow guess I'm in the minority. I've tried it 3 xs and don't like it. Hate when someone asks b/c I don't want to tell them my opinion. Good to know so many actually do like it.

I did not like this PC item at all and was determined to NEVER buy it! I had a host who wanted to try it and had a guest who had it and would let me borrow it. When I got to the party I whipped out the instructions. While I read them, the host did potatoes. I sold 6 sets of both (SS & MCM) and I was sold. I got home and asked the lady what products she wanted to "pay" her for her MCM... (she didn't like it)Now its mine and I LOVE IT!! And guests love it when I show it!!The times vary with each food item. Depends on the watts in the microwave and the moisture in the food you are doing. It has taken me 3 to 7 minutes for any of them..and it depends on if you use 1 or 2 trays.Bananas and apples do take longer (and there is a short time with the apples from them going from great to burnt. I have learned that the apples do not get crispy like the potatoes do. ) Bananas-u need to slice them yourself apples-I use the corer then use the SS Kale-I just tear the leaf into medium size pieces..(and don't use the bottom of the stalk that is bare) I hope this helps........

Wow, you can do bananas?? For how long ??

I have never been able to get mine to work. I finally got half way decent potato chips after 20 minutes. I guess its my microwave. Its a new one so I don't understand. I don't feel confident recommending it because I can't give a testimonial.

Bananas- I really can't remember the time. The kids and I will do it again tonight & then get back to you.20 min...Do you have your new microwave on the highest setting? I have done potatoes in at least 15 different microwave and it has never taken more then 8 minutes and that is with both trays being used at the same time. And are you using the size 1 slice on the simple slicer?

Yup, tried everything. Yes I use the size 1 slice. Just doesn't work for me.

Are you drying the potatoes with paper towels and not overlapping them? I sell at least 2 simple slicer and chip maker sets at every show.. I have guests make them as they come in. Great way to feature an extra set of products.

Yup, believe me - tried everything! But now I'm tempted to go home and try bananas!!

naekelsey said:
I did not like this PC item at all and was determined to NEVER buy it! I had a host who wanted to try it and had a guest who had it and would let me borrow it.

When I got to the party I whipped out the instructions. While I read them, the host did potatoes. I sold 6 sets of both (SS & MCM) and I was sold. I got home and asked the lady what products she wanted to "pay" her for her MCM... (she didn't like it)

Now its mine and I LOVE IT!! And guests love it when I show it!!

The times vary with each food item. Depends on the watts in the microwave and the moisture in the food you are doing. It has taken me 3 to 7 minutes for any of them..and it depends on if you use 1 or 2 trays.

Bananas and apples do take longer (and there is a short time with the apples from them going from great to burnt. I have learned that the apples do not get crispy like the potatoes do. ) Bananas-u need to slice them yourself apples-I use the corer then use the SS

Kale-I just tear the leaf into medium size pieces..(and don't use the bottom of the stalk that is bare)

I hope this helps........

How do the apple chips come out? I have a friend asking.

My kids granddaughter and I love the apple chips. Unlike the potatoes the apples will still be soft when they are done and pulled out of the microsave then harden about a minute or 2 later. Just takes practice and patience.

naekelsey said:
My kids granddaughter and I love the apple chips. Unlike the potatoes the apples will still be soft when they are done and pulled out of the microsave then harden about a minute or 2 later. Just takes practice and patience.

Do you slice them on setting 1 on the simple slicer? I'd like to give these a try. I really appreciate this tip! I am sure I would have been nuking until they burned to a crisp.

I've been making tortilla chips with great success with my mcm lately. They take 1 3/4 minutes per tray or 3 1/2 for 2 trays

Yes, I use setting 1 on the SS for everything..except for bananas and kale...I still need to try the tortillas!!

A tip for the apples. No need to core them. The core virtually disappears when the apple is sliced that thin. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

naekelsey said:
Yes, I use setting 1 on the SS for everything..except for bananas and kale...

I still need to try the tortillas!!

Can you please tell me how to prepare the kale? Months ago I asked about cooking kale and no one recommended it. I am really looking forward to your feedback.

For Kale: All I do is break the kale leaves into pieces...They can be as small or as big as you want them. I have done the from 2" to 4" each. I have tried some with just our sea salt & some with Olive oil & our sea salt..(the ones with olive oil, I put OO in my hand then rub it on the leave pieces..I am sure you can spritz them)Then I put them in the microwave until they get crunchy. You will be able to tell by touch if they are crunchy. The time also depend on the kale & your microwave & if you both trays or just 1 tray.I start with 3 min then 30 seconds each other time until they are finished. I will get some kale today (Sunday) or Monday then post a picture..Hope this helps

be careful, my kale set on fire

The use and care says you're only supposed to use potato, sweet potato, apple and ... can't remember the last one.

My host wants this at her show Saturday so that inspired me to take mine out of storage and use it.

It took about a minute and a half longer than the directions (a full 5 minutes for 2 trays) and the chips came out a bit chewy. I've got my second batch in a bag and am hoping they're better the next day.

I tried salt and pepper and regretted it so switched to seasoned salt. I suppose they'd be good with smoky barbecue or applewood rub. The salt and pepper grinders don't grind fine enough for these.

We plan to practice before the guests get there.

How many trays do you think we need for 10-15 guests?

Be sure to leave the door open on the microwave between trays so it cools!! Mine burnt out recently... $600 repair later it works again (I have a big wall/combo unit, so was NOT cheap, but cheaper than a new unit!)

Oh I checked it after every 30 seconds and found there was a lot of steam during the first minute or so ... I will DEFINITELY recommend this to to the host.

Also will mention that the microwave needs to be clean and be as diplomatic as possible. I know your microwave is clean but there are some who don't so its a standard disclaimer I give to everybody, because some have had problems with that step.

1. What is "Has Anyone Used This Yet?"

"Has Anyone Used This Yet?" is a question often asked by customers who are considering purchasing a product or service. It is a way for them to gather information and insights from other individuals who have already used the product or service.

2. Why is seeking advice and reviews important?

Seeking advice and reviews before making a purchase is important because it allows you to gather different perspectives and experiences from others. This can help you make a more informed decision and avoid potential issues or disappointments.

3. How can I find out if anyone has used this product or service?

There are a few ways to find out if anyone has used a product or service. You can check online reviews, ask for recommendations from friends or family, or reach out to the company directly to inquire about customer experiences.

4. What should I do if I can't find any reviews or information about the product or service?

If you are unable to find any reviews or information about a product or service, you can try reaching out to the company directly. They may be able to provide you with more information or put you in touch with previous customers who can share their experiences.

5. Is it necessary to use a product or service before giving advice or a review?

While it is ideal to have personal experience with a product or service before giving advice or a review, it is not always necessary. You can still provide valuable insights and opinions based on research, feedback from others, or your own expectations and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jennie50