• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Senior Vice President, Sales"Microwave Chip Maker: Tips & Suggested Cook Times

what's going on here?I'm not sure, but it seems like the company is changing the use and care instructions for the Microwave Chip Maker. Previously, the instructions said not to use the Microwave Chip Maker with other foods. Now, the instructions say to use the Microwave Chip Maker with potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, and yucca. It's possible that this is why the cook time for the Microwave Chip Maker has changed.
Sheila
Gold Member
I got this in e-mail from my upline today:

ExecuFlash
One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630
From Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President, Sales

Please feel free to share this with your downline.

Dear Executive Director,

I’d like to share some information with you regarding the new Microwave Chip Maker.

I’m happy to report many Consultants have told us they’re very excited about this product and feel it will be a big seller this fall. Here is some important information that will help you and your team effectively demonstrate the product at your Shows:

• Please note, cooking times vary significantly depending on the age, model and wattage of the microwave being used. The key is to find the right cook times for the microwave you’re using.
  • To insure the best results when demonstrating this product at your Shows, refer to the table below.

Suggested Cook Times

Vegetable/Fruit: Single Tray, Double Tray

Potatoes (russet, red, yellow): 2 minutes, 3 minutes

Sweet Potato: 2 minutes, 3 minutes

Apple: 3 minutes, 4 minutes

Yucca: 1 ½ minutes, 2 ½ minutes

Important microwave steps for all foods

Check doneness and microwave in 30-second intervals
until desired crispness is reached.

Rotate top to bottom after recommended cook time and
microwave in 30-second intervals until desired crispness
is reached. Rotate trays as needed for even doneness.
________________________________________​

• This product is to be used only for potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples and yucca. Do not use the Microwave Chip Maker with other foods.
  • If the microwave becomes hot, allow it to cool prior to starting the next batch.
  • If there is no turntable, rotate the trays (a quarter or half turn) every 30 seconds to avoid hot spots.
  • The Microwave Chip Maker is not a dehydrator.

We’re updating the Use and Care instructions to reflect this information. The new Use and Care will be included in all products shipped Sept.1 and after. It will also be posted on Consultant’s Corner.

We’ll send you an email when the updated Use and Care information has been posted and we’ll also include Consultants who have either earned this product or purchased it as a sample.

Have fun using and demonstrating your Microwave Chip Maker and all of our fabulous new products. Here’s to a fantastic fall!

Much Success,

Jean Jonas

That doesn't even sound good. :yuck:

Hmmm- makes me wonder-

At conference I know the test kitchen lady said they did corn tortilla and they came out very good-

I did plantain chips they were great- It had to be the unripe side vs ripe
( tried it today but the plantain was too ripe and it did not work well

Pooh...I was hoping to be able to make banana chips...

Just used my chip maker...I love it. Plan to uses it at my next show. My next trial I plan to use tortilla's and make chips for my dips. I just love my pampered chef toys...

I have done the russet chips in my microwave and for a host. For a double tray we did 8 min as per the current use and care. Came out great. If I cut the time to 3 min...they won't even be close to being done! I don't understand the change in the cook time.

lovecookn said:
I have done the russet chips in my microwave and for a host. For a double tray we did 8 min as per the current use and care. Came out great. If I cut the time to 3 min...they won't even be close to being done! I don't understand the change in the cook time.
must have something to do with all the differences in microwaves...

Mine cooked in 3 1/2 minutes. It depends on the wattage of your microwave.

Sheila said:
I got this in e-mail from my upline today:

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! It came in really handy today!!!:sing:

I had a guest try the Simple Slicer at a show yesterday, and saw that it was as easy as I said. Then the host threw the thin slices onto the LBP in the oven for a few minutes--they were fabulous!! Nothing on them. Sold 2 more Simple Slicers. I'm not a big fan of the Chip Makers for the microwave.

Just last week I pulled the product guide from CC and the top said just potatoes, apples and yucca...but then the bottom gave instructions for pita nad tortilla chips...weird!

gailz2 said:
I had a guest try the Simple Slicer at a show yesterday, and saw that it was as easy as I said. Then the host threw the thin slices onto the LBP in the oven for a few minutes--they were fabulous!! Nothing on them. Sold 2 more Simple Slicers. I'm not a big fan of the Chip Makers for the microwave.

ok, brain freeze....LBP?

ha! ha! boy am I tired!

Has anyone done apples on the chip maker? If so, please share the experience.

I haven't tried them on a stone. But I've done them in the microwave.Yes! They come out as a dried apple- not crunchy. Very yummy! You don't peel or core the apple- isn't necessary because they're so thin. Extra nutrition! Becaue of the sugar though, i watch mine, because if they're in there too long- they start to burn.

Anyone done apples on a stone in the oven?

Has anyone done beet chips in the micro or in the oven?

DebPC said:
I haven't tried them on a stone. But I've done them in the microwave.Yes! They come out as a dried apple- not crunchy. Very yummy! You don't peel or core the apple- isn't necessary because they're so thin. Extra nutrition! Becaue of the sugar though, i watch mine, because if they're in there too long- they start to burn.

Deb, are you saying yes to doing apples on the microwave chip maker in the microwave?

Oh yes! In the use and care instructions- it's approved for potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples and yuccas.
The apple sweetness gets concentrated and they're really good- just not crispy.

If you use the Simple Slicer for potatoes, which is the best setting for making microwave chips?

#1- it's the thinnest.

Thanks so much, Deb!!

Also with apples- you don't have to peel or core them. The slices are so thin- it's a non-issue.

1. How long does it take to cook chips in the microwave chip maker?

The cooking time for chips in the microwave chip maker will vary depending on the type of chip and the thickness of the slices. As a general rule, most chips will take anywhere from 5-7 minutes to cook in the microwave.

2. Can I make chips in the microwave without using oil?

Yes, the microwave chip maker is designed to cook chips without the use of oil. Simply slice your desired vegetable or fruit thinly and place them in the chip maker, then microwave according to the recommended cook times.

3. Do I need to flip the chips while they are cooking in the microwave chip maker?

No, there is no need to flip the chips while they are cooking. The microwave chip maker is designed to evenly cook the chips without the need for flipping.

4. What type of vegetables and fruits can I make chips with in the microwave chip maker?

The microwave chip maker is versatile and can be used with a variety of vegetables and fruits. Some popular options include potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, and zucchini. Be creative and experiment with different fruits and veggies to find your favorite chip flavors!

5. How do I clean the microwave chip maker?

The microwave chip maker is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing to prevent any mold or mildew from forming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Christ Follower
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • scottcooks