• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Add Water When Microwaving Chicken in a Covered Baker?

In summary, the best way to cook chicken in the microwave is to place it on a microwave-safe plate, cover it with a damp paper towel, and cook it on high for 5-6 minutes per pound of chicken. To prevent the chicken from drying out, cover it with a damp paper towel and add a small amount of water or chicken broth. It is safe to cook raw chicken in the microwave as long as it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Avoid using metal pans or utensils and check the internal temperature or cut into the chicken to ensure it is fully cooked.
Bexs50
Ok, you'll have to forgive the fact that I'm not the greatest or most creative cook! I have only cooked 2 or 3 whole chickens before in a regular (cheap) roasting pan. When I did those chickens, I seasoned them and then put them in the pan with about an inch or 2 of water...per instructions of my mother. They came out fine, but my question is for the new stoneware covered baker in the microwave...should I or could I add water to the pan before putting it in the microwave or is this a no-no, or maybe just not needed??

I don't think it is needed, but I have never done that!

The skin turns out really nice and crisp with a moist center. I think adding water would soften the skin.

I made this without adding water and it was excellent!!!

There is no need to add water when making the chicken in the stone. The juices from the chicken keep it very moist.

I didn't add any water and it turned out very moist.

What is the best way to cook chicken in the microwave?

The best way to cook chicken in the microwave is to place it on a microwave-safe plate, cover it with a damp paper towel, and cook it on high for 5-6 minutes per pound of chicken. Make sure to rotate the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.

How do I prevent the chicken from drying out in the microwave?

To prevent the chicken from drying out, make sure to cover it with a damp paper towel before cooking. This will help trap moisture and keep the chicken tender and juicy. You can also try adding a small amount of water or chicken broth to the dish before cooking to add extra moisture.

Is it safe to cook raw chicken in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to cook raw chicken in the microwave as long as it is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. It is important to use a food thermometer to check the temperature and make sure the chicken is fully cooked. You should also make sure to handle raw chicken safely and avoid cross-contamination.

Can I use metal pans or utensils when cooking chicken in the microwave?

No, it is not safe to use metal pans or utensils when cooking chicken in the microwave. Metal can cause sparks and damage your microwave. It is best to use microwave-safe dishes and utensils made of glass, ceramic, or plastic.

How do I know when the chicken is done cooking in the microwave?

The best way to know when the chicken is done cooking in the microwave is to use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F to be fully cooked and safe to eat. You can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to make sure there is no pink or raw meat left inside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
Replies
Views
ShellBeach