• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Get Delicious Microwave Cake Recipes!

In summary, the author suggests trying a different recipe for microwave cakes, but they've yet to have any success with them. They also suggest using different cake mixes and diet sodas to create different flavors. Finally, they mention a German cake that uses diet Dr Pepper.
ksmedic
OK guys - I need some help.
I have tried 3 different recipes for the microwave cakes and it seems everytime they are significantly lacking in flavor.
What are your tried and true recipes for this? Maybe I've picked duds 3 times in a row.

I think it's a great idea but I've yet to have it work for me.

Thanks Cheffers!!!

Have you tried a pineapple? There is great recipe on here for a pineapple cake in the Deep Covered Baker. I will check if I can find it.

The pineapple upside down cake is definitely a good one. There's an original in the fluted one, and the DCB one is awesome too but I'd cut back a bit on the butter and brown sugar.

I'm not a big fan of the chocolate ones...comes out a bit too chewy for me.

I have been doing the Lava Cake in the rice cooker at my shows and everyone LOVES it!!! I also have been doing the orange crush cake (well that's what I think it is called) I use a white cake mix and a can of diet orange soda icing is just cool whip and I put mandarin oranges around it. It is really good for those of us watching our calorie intake also.

I do the chocolate lava cake in the rice cooker, too... but make it with just the diet coke. I know the frosting does not keep it healthy, but at least it is a little less bad for you!!

So instead of making it as the box says just use the diet coke?? Does it still taste as good?? I do like the diet soda cakes alot

Love the Diet Orange Soda cake idea. Is there a recipe for this? I am doing a show in October and the lady wants to do Weight Watchers recipes and this is a great idea for the dessert that I want bring.

I completely love the mini lemon glazed cakes in the prep bowls. They are always a crowd please and a family pleaser. They are SO delish! The recipe can be found in season's best 2 or so years ago.

A Pampered Kitchen said:
Love the Diet Orange Soda cake idea. Is there a recipe for this? I am doing a show in October and the lady wants to do Weight Watchers recipes and this is a great idea for the dessert that I want bring.

You just pour white cake mix in rice cooker then add 12 oz of diet orange pop mix well put lid on rice cooker and microwave for 10-12 mins. Let cake sit about 15-20 mins and then flip onto a cake plate. Let cake cool then icing it with cool whip or cool whip light. I drain a can of mandarin oranges and decorate the cake a little also.

You can use any cake mix and any diet soda so choices are endless!! :chef:

I also like German cake with diet Dr Pepper :love:

I want to try white cake and red pop I bet that would be good also :D

Any other ideas??

I've done it with 10 ounces of diet soda & 1 egg- comes out moist.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a microwave cake?

To make a microwave cake, you will need 1 box of cake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup of oil, and 3 eggs.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix or do I need a special microwave cake mix?

You can use any kind of cake mix for a microwave cake, but it is recommended to use a cake mix specifically labeled for microwave use to ensure the best results.

3. How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The cooking time for a microwave cake can vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but it typically takes around 5-7 minutes to cook.

4. Can I make a microwave cake in any type of microwave-safe container?

It is important to use a microwave-safe container when making a microwave cake. Glass or ceramic dishes are recommended for best results.

5. Are there any special tips or tricks for making a delicious microwave cake?

To make a delicious microwave cake, it is important to follow the instructions on the cake mix box carefully and to not overcook the cake. You can also add in additional ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • lauriedip