• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Microwave Cake: Tips for Adding Delicious Flair

In summary, the cake was too dry or boring. The recipe says to put about 1/2 a package of chocolate chips (morsels) with 1/2 a container of cool whip in the small micro cooker. Cook in the micro for about a minute, different microwaves could take up to 10 min. but cook in 1 min intervals, stirring after each one. Once the chips melt with the cool whip, it will make a nice chocolate sauce/fudgey thing that you can drizzle over the cake.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
I want to make the kahula microwave cake tonight for my show - but when I tried it the other night, it seemed a bit too dry or boring. Is there something I'm supposed to put on it, like a frosting or something to make it better? My husband says it definitely needed something before serving.

Any ideas?

my director likes to use this chocolate drizzle...just put about 1/2 a package of chocolate chips (morsels) with 1/2 a container of cool whip in the small micro cooker. cook in the micro for about a minute, different microwaves could take up to 10 min. but cook in 1 min intervals, stirring after each one. One the chips melt with the cool whip, it will make a nice chocolate sauce/fudgey thing that you can drizzle over the cake. She had me make it at a pampered bride show i went to with her and it was so easy!!! She had made the microwave cake that was chocolate cake mix, 3 eggs, and cherry pie filling in the fluted pan. I fliped it over onto the celebrate plate and drizzled the chocolate over it and it was absolutely beautiful and everyone loved it!!!

Ugh! Her microwave was tiny and didn't allow the cake to turn as it was cooking. I turned it halfway through, but it didn't matter, still only half of it was cooked. What a waste :(

that's horrible...i'm sorry to hear that!!!!

Kaluha cake?I would be interested in this recipe? Can someone forward the receipe to me at [email protected]?

THANKS!!!

Misty

If you do not have a Carousel, rotate 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. Check with a cake tester and if not
done then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again.

I found that in one of my microwave recipe files

The cake had started to smoke.. that's when I stopped trying ;)

Lauren,

Could you email me that recipe for the cake and drizzle? It sounds perfect for my holiday open house.

Thanks!

Laurenncraigory said:
my director likes to use this chocolate drizzle...just put about 1/2 a package of chocolate chips (morsels) with 1/2 a container of cool whip in the small micro cooker. cook in the micro for about a minute, different microwaves could take up to 10 min. but cook in 1 min intervals, stirring after each one. One the chips melt with the cool whip, it will make a nice chocolate sauce/fudgey thing that you can drizzle over the cake. She had me make it at a pampered bride show i went to with her and it was so easy!!! She had made the microwave cake that was chocolate cake mix, 3 eggs, and cherry pie filling in the fluted pan. I fliped it over onto the celebrate plate and drizzled the chocolate over it and it was absolutely beautiful and everyone loved it!!!

This is the only way that I have the recipe...with the cake itself, its just the cake mix (do not follow box instructions), 3 eggs and a can of cherry pie filling...mix and place in the stoneware flute pan, place in microwave on high 12-15 min. Flip upside down onto a plate. take about 1/2 a package of chocolate chips (morsels) with 1/2 a container of cool whip in the small micro cooker. cook in the micro for about a minute, different microwaves could take up to 10 min. but cook in 1 min intervals, stirring after each one. Once the chips melt with the cool whip, it will make a nice chocolate sauce/fudgey thing that you can drizzle over the cake.

Hope this helps!!

Here's the recipe as it was given to me (misspellings and all):

Killer Kailua Fudge Cake
1 chocolate cake mix 4 eggs
¾ cup vegetable oil 1-cup milk chocolate chips
1 box (3.9oz) instant chocolate pudding
1/3 cup Kailua 1 pint sour cream

Spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable spray, set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well using Mix 'N Scraper. Pour batter into prepared pan. Microwave on high for 16-18 minutes (adjust time to your oven). Invert on serving platter; let cool about 10 minutes. Remove Fluted Pan, cool completely. Sprinkle with powder sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Serve using Slice 'N Serve.

Thanks!

I can't wait to try them!

1. How can I add more flavor to my microwave cake?

The best way to add delicious flair to your microwave cake is to use high-quality ingredients such as real butter, pure vanilla extract, and premium chocolate. You can also add in some extra spices or extracts, like cinnamon or almond extract, to enhance the flavor even more.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for my microwave cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for your microwave cake. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the cooking time accordingly. You can also add in some extra ingredients, like chocolate chips or nuts, to make the cake even more flavorful.

3. How do I prevent my microwave cake from becoming dry?

To prevent your microwave cake from becoming dry, be sure to not overcook it. Start with the recommended cooking time and check the cake with a toothpick before adding more time. You can also add a small amount of milk or sour cream to the batter to keep the cake moist.

4. Can I make a microwave cake without eggs?

Yes, you can make a microwave cake without eggs. There are many recipes available online that use alternative ingredients, such as applesauce or mashed bananas, as a substitute for eggs. These cakes may have a slightly different texture, but they will still be delicious.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for my microwave cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan for your microwave cake. However, be sure to use a microwave-safe dish that is appropriate for the size of your cake. Glass and ceramic dishes work well, but avoid using metal pans as they can cause sparks in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies