• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Microwave Cake Recipe - Perfect for Pampered Chef Stoneware!

In summary, the moistest cake is the best cake. It is easy to make and can be made in the microwave or in a rice cooker.
pamperedmaren
Hi fellow consultants,

I keep hearing about a recipe for a cake that you make in the microwave in the Fluted Pan. I've heard of it on a couple of the CDs that PC offers, but they never say HOW. Does anyone have the recipe? Do any of you use it in your shows? Does it taste good, and does it help to sell stoneware? Would you recommend it?

Thanks guys,
Maren Kreun
[email protected]

O, you haven't tried the moistest cake yet?! You will not want to go back, lol. Well you can take any cake mix and pour it into the pan and put a couple of small scoops of frosting on top of the mix in the pan, I just use about half or less of a can of frosting, then microwave it on high for 11 to 13 minutes usually, if it is a small microwave or doesn't have a turn table turn it every few minutes so it will cook evenly, it is the best cake, I have taken it to work and made it in a small microwave for people's birthdays just to show it off, they all think it is awesome and it is gone within minutes, when you turn it out onto a plate make sure it has a slope because when you flip it over the frosting has melted to the top and will just ooze down the sides of the cake.
You can also make a cake in the rice cooker in about 9 minutes the same way, haven't tried that one yet.
HTH

I sampled this cake at my first pampered chef show I attended and it has turned out to be my most favorite recipe ever!

1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix
3 eggs
16 ounce sour cream
chocolate syrup
1 bag white chocolate chips

Mix together first 3 ingredients well using Stainless Steel Whisk or Large Mix 'N Scraper.
Add all but 2 Tbsp. of white chocolate chips. Mix well.
Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray Fluted Stone and pour in cake mix. Microwave on high 11-13 minutes. Let set for 10-15 minutes. Invert on serving platter. Lift off stone and squeeze on generous amount of chocolate syrup. Grate remaining white chips over top of cake and serve!

jdavis said:
when you turn it out onto a plate make sure it has a slope because when you flip it over the frosting has melted to the top and will just ooze down the sides of the cake.
HTH

Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply! What did you mean by 'make sure it has a slope'? Does the frosting or the cake mix go into the fluted pan first? I'm so excited to try. Thanks for your response and enthusiasm.

Maren

Fluted Pan CakesHere is a few other versions of the cakes you can make in the fluted pan.

Enjoy!
Leea Harris
[email protected]

Attachments

• PC 12 minute cakes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:
pamperedmaren said:
Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply! What did you mean by 'make sure it has a slope'? Does the frosting or the cake mix go into the fluted pan first? I'm so excited to try. Thanks for your response and enthusiasm.

Maren

I have heard you can put it in either way, but I personally put the cake mix in first then plop a few scoops of frosting scattered on top of that. You either need the SA large platter since it has sides or since I don't have that yet I use a large etched crystal platter that has quite a rim that my Mom gave me forever ago (she got it from a gift exchange and didn't want it crazy woman it is so pretty it has roses on it and the edge is kind of fluted also so it looks really pretty). I even had to make a cake for my Aunt at work at the first of the month for her b-day, I had to end up making my own cream cheese frosting since I had a carrot cake mix in my cabinet and no cream cheese frosting which she likes I just looked over quite a few recipes and made my own using a combination of them and it turned out soooooo good, the only problem was with it in the cake mix it didn't melt like a regular store-bought frosting always does, it kind-of clumped a little, but it still turned out tasting awesome, it didn't last long either. I think I will start having to make one in the fluted pan and one in the rice cooker from now on if I am planning on sharing with very many people, lol.
O, and it needs the rim or slope or whatever so your table doesn't end up covered in frosting because it runs down the sides of the cake.

Got it. Sounds great! Thanks!

Rice Cooker?Cake in the rice cooker?? Can't say that I have heard of that - do you have more info on how to do that??

Thanks,
Leea Harris
[email protected]

Well it's actually the very same way you would do in the fluted pan, mix up the cake mix, pour it into the rice cooker put a couple of scoops of frosting on top then put on the lid and microwave for about 9 minutes, flip it onto a plate with a rim or just scoop it out. If you want you can just mix it right in the rice cooker.

OOps, I was going to also say I think one of the new recipes for the s/s 06 season is a cake made in the rice cooker.

Reese's Peanut Butter CakeI make this at just about every show. I use a regular boxed chocolate cake and the ingredients that go in it. Pour 3/4 of the batter into the fluted stone. Crumble 10 regular sized Reese's Peanut cups on top and then pour in the remaining batter. Microwave for 12 minutes (on a rotating plate!). Let it sit for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Melt 1 cup peanut butter and drizzle over the top. Melt 1 cup choc. icing (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc) and drizzle that over the peanut butter. The guests will be AMAZED that this came from the microwave!!!

could the peanut butter cake be made in anyother stone? Don't have the fluted one.

Jennifer, (and anyone else)

I made my first microwave cake tonight! It's delicious, and was very convenient. However, it wasn't very attractive. Do yours normally come out looking nice? It might be my mom's old microwave, I don't know. Also, I didn't let it sit for 5 minutes, like someone suggested. Do you think that's my problem?

So do you guys who make these microwave cakes at your shows sell a lot of fluted pans? I know I would buy one just because of it, but I was wondering what real results were like.

pamperedmaren said:

So do you guys who make these microwave cakes at your shows sell a lot of fluted pans? I know I would buy one just because of it, but I was wondering what real results were like.

pamperedmaren,

I made my first microwave cake in April '05. I did a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I just checked my stats on PP and from April - Dec I sold 38 Fluted pans. :D

Make sure to tell the guests its great for making other things, not just cake. Make the bread for a sandwich ring, baked potatoes tast liked steamed potatoes, a whole chicken baked upright on the "pole", so moist and tender, Thanksgiving stuffing etc... lot's of uses!! :)

Lee Anne

pamperedmaren said:

I made my first microwave cake tonight! It's delicious, and was very convenient. However, it wasn't very attractive. Do yours normally come out looking nice? It might be my mom's old microwave, I don't know. Also, I didn't let it sit for 5 minutes, like someone suggested. Do you think that's my problem?

You definitely have to cover the cake with peanut butter and the chocolate icicing. Mine never look pretty straight out of the stone. The Reese's cups settle to the bottom/top. You also have to coat the stone with oil before pouring in the batter.

cla519 said:
could the peanut butter cake be made in anyother stone? Don't have the fluted one.

Not many other stones fit in the microwave. I guess you could use the rice cooker like some of the other posts were talking about.

My Favorite isGerman Chocolate Cake in the fluted pan in the microwave. I put the frosting in first, then the cake mix on top. So yummy!

I make the micro cakes at home a lot, but have only tried it twice at shows. Once if the fluted pan, hosts micro too small and the pan would not rotate, ended up baking it (pineapple upside down-yum) and one in the rice cooker. After 12 minutes, tester finally came out clean, but I must have hit a cooked pocket, because it ran out all over the demo table/floor when I inverted. I have been two chicken to try again.

Just remember, every microwave has different wattage, so the cooking time will be different.

Not many other stones fit in the microwave.
Most stones do fit in most microwaves. I have made cakes in the deep dish baker, mini-baker and the square baker. The best though, IS the fluted pan because of the hole in the middle (more even cooking). The only stones that don't fit most microwaves are the large rectangular stones and the large round stone. The small bar pan, mini-baker and small round stone fit great even in the smaller microwaves.

The reason it doesn't come out looking fluted on top is because that's where the frosting is sitting melting, not the cake mix sitting in that area cooking, but I have heard someone call it by another name I can't remember right now because of the look of it coming out with the frosting oozing down the sides.

Hey Beth, What is the specs on the cake in the deep dish baker, I had a guy at work ask after I made one of the cakes at work and he has the ddb. I told him that he could make it in the micro in that but I just couldn't tell him the time on it. Thanks in advance.

rice cooker cakeHi all,
I have a question about making a cake in the rice cooker. First, do you microwave it with the lid ON? ALso, after it is done cooking, do you have to let it sit and cool for a few minutes before flipping it out onto a plate?
Thanks!

SBinkley said:
Hi all,
I have a question about making a cake in the rice cooker. First, do you microwave it with the lid ON? ALso, after it is done cooking, do you have to let it sit and cool for a few minutes before flipping it out onto a plate?
Thanks!

Yes you cook it with the lid on, it's like it is pressure cooking that's why it cooks so quickly. You could just scoop it right out if you don't want to wait, or let it cool for a bit then flip it out, I think it is great warm myself.

Cakes with Icing in Fluted PanJust a question about doing this recipe. When you put the scoops of icing over the cake batter in the fluted pan, does the icing not end up on the bottom of the cake when you flip it out onto the platter?

Hi Peggy

What I do is put the cake batter in a well greased fluted pan. Plop about 1/3 can of frosting on top of the batter. Put in micro. Icing is now melting and flowing through the cake and ends up on the bottom of the pan. Let it sit to cool then flip it onto the large platter. The bottom of the pan where the icing now is, is actually the top of your cake when it flips. The icing now flows down the sides of the cake like a glaze and it's the moistest cake ever!

(So it flows through the cake making it moist, sits at the bottom of the pan, you flip it and it oozes down over the top and down the sides)

Hope that helps :)

Hi Jodi,

Thanks so much....now it makes sense. I am a very visual person so sometimes I really need to have these things spelled out pretty basic for me. (lol). Can't wait to try this recipe. Do you have a favourite cake and frosting combination you like to do?

I'm a chocolate lover at heart...so pretty basic. If you'd like, I have a whole file on fluted micro cakes I'd be happy to share. Just email me at [email protected] :)

I've foundIf you are take the cake some where, the chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting, look the best.

I tried a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and the white frosting on the cake looked wierd, like a cheap imitation opal, really cloudy and dirty dishwater looking.

I also made a strawberry/cherry (can't remember, but pink) with a white frosting and it was the same, kind of pale and wierd.

They tasted great, but look wierd.

jdavis said:
Hey Beth, What is the specs on the cake in the deep dish baker, I had a guy at work ask after I made one of the cakes at work and he has the ddb. I told him that he could make it in the micro in that but I just couldn't tell him the time on it. Thanks in advance.
I cook it in the microwave for 10 minutes and check with a cake tester. If it's not done put it in for a few more minutes. The thing is all microwaves are different and it depends on how hot they get. It's better to undercook and have to add time than to over cook.

I did a cake in the fluted pan today for 12 minutes (it takes 13 minutes at home but in many houses it takes more like 15 minutes). Well, after 12 minutes it was very done - in fact it ended up a little dry tasting. Now it could have been because the host put it together and didn't measure the sour cream - could have needed a llittle more. - oh, well... we are the Pampered Chef, not the Perfect Chef. ;) Even with that I sold 5 fluted pans at that show!!

QuestionWhen you make the recipes with sour cream, do you use that in place of the oil and eggs on the box?

jdavis said:
Yes you cook it with the lid on, it's like it is pressure cooking that's why it cooks so quickly.

Now I'm confused. I just made my first microwave cake in the rice cooker with the lid ON. It exploded at 7 1/2 minutes. I've been researching the reason why. The Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake recipe from Pampered Chef says in bold letters "Do not cover with lid".

Those of you who have made these cakes, what have you done, cover or no cover?

I have done it both ways. With the lid on, the cake is very moist.

Maybe your microwave cook higher and faster. Was the cake done? If so, try reducing the cooking time.

Sk8Mom209 said:
When you make the recipes with sour cream, do you use that in place of the oil and eggs on the box?
I do it with 3 eggs and the sour cream replaces the oil and water.

Last edited:
Beth

Thanks for the info!

micro cookercan you do a cake in the micro cooker instead of the rice cooker? if so, what kind and approximately how long do you cook it.

thanks,
jennifer

jrstephens said:
can you do a cake in the micro cooker instead of the rice cooker? if so, what kind and approximately how long do you cook it.

thanks,
jennifer
Give it a try and let us know how it turns out! I would start at 8 or 9 minutes and then use the cake tester to check for doneness.

i will let you all know. it will be a while though. i am hosting a party sunday and then buying my kit to get started from there. i have the micro cooker on my wish list.

jennifer

NoYou can't do a cake in the microcookers. The rice cooker is made of a different material than the microcookers.

Hey All!!!Don't forget about the special pink cakes for Help Whip Cancer in May!!

pink cake?:) i got the rice cooker so this way i don't have to worry if the micro cookers won't work. can you please, give me the recipe for the pink cake? i just ordered my starter kit from my show yesterday. i have two shows booked in may already.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Here they are!Here are some of the pink recipes. Not sure about making them in the rice cooker. Never made one in there before.

Attachments

• Help Whip Cancer Pink Recipes.doc
    26 KB · Views: 882
  • Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave cake.doc
    20 KB · Views: 564
thank you!

Does any one have the instructions for the recipes that go with the HWC pink recipes?

Thanks
Regina

Pink Fluted Surprise Cake
jenniferlynne said:
Here are some of the pink recipes. Not sure about making them in the rice cooker. Never made one in there before.

Does the cool whip go in the cake or is it piped after it's cooked?

Does anyone know?

:confused:

it goes on top. That is one of the cakes I was going to talk to you about today. Last year I did this and added white chocolate chips so it was pink with white polka dots to match the cups and squares.

the strawberry one is on the recipe files section.

Does anyone know if there is a substitute for the Cheesecake Pudding mix? I have not been able to find it anywhere near where I live here in Canada.

Attractive and quick, too!The fastest on this cake is 9 minutes - in a hosts' ultra-fast microwave. WOW those guests were surprised!

I've posted this a couple times; here is my recipe (feel free to change to your name, etc) and one from Sondra Verva, who is a top seller of stoneware in the company.

Enjoy!
'
Mine is the 321 recipe; hers are the other 2. She used to be an Intel engineer, talks to guests about how stoneware has microscopic pores that absorb water from food, release it as steam so it cooks faster, baked items raise higher...

Attachments

• 321 cake.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Microwave Cakes.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 473
  • MICROWAVECAKERECIPES[2].doc
    88 KB · Views: 417
jdavis said:
Well it's actually the very same way you would do in the fluted pan, mix up the cake mix, pour it into the rice cooker put a couple of scoops of frosting on top then put on the lid and microwave for about 9 minutes, flip it onto a plate with a rim or just scoop it out. If you want you can just mix it right in the rice cooker.

OOps, I was going to also say I think one of the new recipes for the s/s 06 season is a cake made in the rice cooker.
what kind of cake did you use? Do you have the recipes?
Thanks

kcjodih said:
I'm a chocolate lover at heart...so pretty basic. If you'd like, I have a whole file on fluted micro cakes I'd be happy to share. Just email me at [email protected] :)

Jodi,
can you email me your recipes also. I tried emailing you and it wouldn't go through for some reason.

I JUST got my fluted stone yesterday and I'm so excited to try some new recipes!

thanks!
[email protected]

so glad to see this thread revived...had a host ask just yesterday about doing a cake demo in the fluted stone!

Man, I'm really wanting to go make a cake, right now. Lots of good info here. Thanks all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjwr