• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have any tips for making a perfect microwave cake in a fluted pan?

In summary, the conversation revolves around tips and tricks for successfully making microwave cakes in a fluted pan. Some suggestions include using oil, letting the cake cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan, using sugar-free frosting, and trying recipes with cake mix, sour cream, and eggs. The importance of testing the cake for doneness with a toothpick is also mentioned.
RoseAndrews
Hello!

I am a new consultant and love the support and knowledge here on the boards here!

I have YET to make a microwave cake in the fluted pan and have it come out okay. I wonder if I am either not letting it cool long enough or not letting it bake long enough. I have been testing a cola cake recipe and after 4 attempts, the top half still sticks to the pan. I've had my pan for a while but I still oil it before I pour in the mix. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated~!

Rose

I haven't used the cola recipe. I do the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries at a lot of my shows & we've never had it stick. We cook it the lowest recommended time & then test it with a toothpick to ensure that it comes out clean (which means that it's done). If not, we do 2 more min's & test again. Once it's done, I put the large round platter on top & invert it, leaving the stone on a full 10 min's. After that time, I can lift it off with no problems.

Then maybe I need to let go of MY cake and try this one, sounds yummy. Thank you!:thumbup:

Rose I made the diet cola cake last night and it came out fine. I have been using the fluted pan for almost a year now and I still oil it when making the cakes. Make sure you use plenty of oil. I usually pour the oil in and rub in with a papertowel but the sides of the pan are still very wet with the oil. I flip right away out of the microwave and have never had problem. Also, they make a sugar free frosting now (I think it is pillsbury) that I have been using for this to keep it low-cal and low sugar.

I have been making the fluted cake for 9 years in the same stone. I still oil the pan but I just either spritz it with our spritzer (or put a drop or two of oil in) and then use the basting brush to make sure the nooks and crannies have some oil on them. I really use very little oil.

Another thing that helps the cake release is to put 2-3 medium scoops of frosting on top of the batter. It will melt down over the cake and coat the sides.

But the BIGGEST trick is to invert and get it out of the pan at about 5 minutes. If you leave the cake in the pan too long it will stick. If that happens you can put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute to rewarm it but then you run the risk of over cooking.

ahhh, I have been letting it cool off first, I will leave it for 5 m:Dinutes and try THAT

I have used bakers joy to spray my flutted pan and the cake came out perfect.

The bakers joy is a spray that has flour in it. And no, it hasn't harmed the pan.

I let it cool for 5 minutes also.

I have used the recipes that use a cake mix, sour cream and eggs. A favorite is the sunshine cake - yellow cake mix, sour cream, eggs, grated carrots and orange zest. YUM! Comes out great but I do always oil the pan and let it sit upside down before taking it out.

Thank you all! I made one to perfection!

Sheila said:
I haven't used the cola recipe. I do the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries at a lot of my shows & we've never had it stick. We cook it the lowest recommended time & then test it with a toothpick to ensure that it comes out clean (which means that it's done). If not, we do 2 more min's & test again. Once it's done, I put the large round platter on top & invert it, leaving the stone on a full 10 min's. After that time, I can lift it off with no problems.

Ooooohhhhh I'm going to search for this recipe!

I did the pineapple upside down cake in my new stoneware fluted pan last week. I forgot to oil the inside of the pan and it came out beautifully. I also turned the cake out within a few minutes of removing it from the microwave. Now I wonder if I need to be oiling it since I didn't the first time and it came out perfectly.

Hunter Mom said:
I have used the recipes that use a cake mix, sour cream and eggs. A favorite is the sunshine cake - yellow cake mix, sour cream, eggs, grated carrots and orange zest. YUM! Comes out great but I do always oil the pan and let it sit upside down before taking it out.

any measurments for this cake?

I found it!
Sunshine Cake
Ingredients
• 1 Lemon Zest & Juice
• 1 Orange Zest & Juice
• ½ cup grated Carrot
• 3 eggs
• 16oz container Sour Cream
• 1 package (18.25oz) Yellow Cake Mix (just the cake mix)
• ¾ cup Powder Sugar (10X sugar)(for on top of completed cake)
• Optional frozen whip topping (for on top when serving)

Combine/whisk Eggs, Sour Cream, Carrots, Zest orange and lemon
Mix in cake mix, juice half of orange and lemon
Put in stoneware-fluted pan and microwave 11 to 14 minutes
Brush remaining juice & sugar on top
Optional to decorate with lemon slices

I would love the recipe for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the Fluted Pan if you don't mind!
Thanks,
Anita [email protected]

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake. However, it is important to follow the instructions on the cake mix box and adjust the cooking time accordingly for the microwave.

2. How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The cooking time for a microwave cake varies depending on the wattage of your microwave and the size of your cake. Generally, it takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes on high power.

3. Do I need a special microwave-safe pan to make a microwave cake?

No, you do not need a special pan to make a microwave cake. Any microwave-safe container, such as a glass or ceramic dish, can be used to make a microwave cake. Just make sure the container is the right size for your cake mix.

4. Can I add extra ingredients to my microwave cake mix?

Yes, you can add extra ingredients to your microwave cake mix to customize it to your liking. However, be careful not to add too many ingredients as it may affect the texture and cooking time of the cake.

5. How do I prevent my microwave cake from becoming dry?

To prevent your microwave cake from becoming dry, make sure to not overcook it. Start with the recommended cooking time on the cake mix box and check the cake's doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. You can also add a small amount of water or butter to the cake mix to keep it moist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
cochef