• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Store-Bought Icing in a Fluted Pan for Microwave Cakes?

In summary, when using a fluted pan, you can use any store-bought frosting on the bottom, but it may leave indentions in the cake. Alternatively, you can use a cake mix and microwave it with frosting on top, resulting in a frosted cake. It is recommended to use Pampered Chef's Fluted Pan and specially designed icings for best results.
bbstephan
Can I use any kind of store-bought icing to put in the bottom of the fluted pan? The only recipe I have found that does that is the German Choc. cake. All the other recipes put the icing on the cake after it comes out of the microwave. Help?

yes, you can use any frosting. However when you do put the frosting on the bottom of the pan it leaves indentions in the cake when you turn it out. I have been making the 1-2-3 cake and then I take about 1/3 -1/2 a tub of frosting in a prep bowl and micorwave it for about 8-10 seconds then pour it over the hot cake. The heat of the cake melts it, and it drips down the sides.

Frosted Microwave CakeWhat I do is...after I have placed the cake batter in the fluted stone, then I plop the frosting on top of the batter. (not whipped frosting...it's too light and will boil over and make a HUGE mess in the microwave!! :eek: ) I found this out the hard way! :rolleyes: "Bake" as usual 13-15 minutes depending on microwave, wait 10 mins, then flip it out onto a serving platter with a slight lip. When you turn your cake out you will have a frosted cake, because during the baking, the frosting went to the bottom of the pan!

I do this all of the time at shows and have sold a lot of fluted stones this way!! :D

Hope this answers your question!

Nancy

Thanks!Thanks so much!! Very helpful...I'll try both ways!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend using our Pampered Chef Fluted Pan for best results. While you can certainly use store-bought icing in the bottom of the pan, I would suggest using our Pampered Chef Chocolate Ganache or Creamy Vanilla Frosting for a more decadent and professional touch. These icings are specifically designed for use in our fluted pan and will give you the best results. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

What is a microwave cake and how do I make one?

A microwave cake is a quick and easy dessert that can be made in the microwave. To make one, simply mix together cake mix, water, and oil in a microwave-safe mug or dish and microwave for about 1-2 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave.

Can I use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake. However, keep in mind that some cake mixes may require additional ingredients such as eggs or milk. Be sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for the best results.

How do I know when a microwave cake is done?

The cooking time for a microwave cake may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. As a general rule, when the cake is fully cooked, it will pull away from the sides of the mug or dish and a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.

Can I add other ingredients to my microwave cake?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to your microwave cake such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit. Just be sure to mix them in well with the cake batter before microwaving.

Can I make a microwave cake ahead of time?

While microwave cakes are best enjoyed fresh, you can make them ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Just be sure to reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving to maintain their soft and moist texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
cochef
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci