• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Microwave Cake in an Oval Baker?

In summary, the deep dish pie plate can hold six cups while the oval baker can hold seven cups, making it suitable for cooking microwave cakes without overflowing. However, the hazelnut chocolate cake may not work well in the oval baker due to its design. Some recommended recipes for the oval baker include the molten skillet brownie and turtle fudge cake. The deep dish baker is also a good option for microwave cakes, but may require longer cooking time and extra care to prevent overflowing. The strawberry cheesecake may stick to the fluted pan, so it is important to spray the pan well and invert it immediately after cooking.
amerz_5
I know that somebody mentioned doing microwave cakes in the deep dish pie plate. Would it work in the oval baker?

If I looked it up correctly, the deep dish pie plate holds six cups. The oval baker holds seven cups. So, I don't think that I should be worried about it overflowing, but would it cook right?

Would the hazelnut chocolate cake work in that pan?

What do you think?

I'm brand new, so I'm really clueless here. One of my first hosts mentioned that she has the oval baker, but doesn't know what to do with it. She tried to just give it to me, but I'd rather show her some recipes to make in it. I'm already doing the family burrito, so she wants something sweet. I'm trying to keep it simple because all I have is the starter kit and the large micro cooker.

Sorry that this rambles.

Because the hazelnut cake needs to be inverted, I don't think it would be the best choice for the oval baker. (It is really designed to be a tall cake...) BUT, I think some of the skillet cake recipes will definately work. At my first party, the consultant made the molten skillet brownie in the oval baker and it was fabulous. I would probably reduce the amount of water in the recipe slightly, as it was very runny. But once you shake the powdered sugar on it, it comes out beautiful. Maybe try the turtle fudge cake, too.

Love+
Rachel

Deep Dish BakerI made a microwave cake in the DDB and it turned out great, but the entire mix was TOO much for the baker to hold! It overflowed a bit on me, but turned out GREAT! It did take a little longer to cook then the fluted stone. I tried the fluted stone on Saturday while my in-laws were visting and it couldn't turn in my microwave and did cook so well since my microwave is VERY SMALL!

cake gets stuck!I have made the strawberry cheesecake in the fluted pan twice now. Both times the cake has stuck. I did spray the pan first with Baker's Joy. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michelle

Really spray your fluted pan well, and invert it immediately when it comes out of the microwave.

1. How do I make a microwave cake in the Oval Baker?

To make a microwave cake in the Oval Baker, you will need a cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to prepare the batter, then pour it into the Oval Baker. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for the microwave cake in the Oval Baker?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the microwave cake in the Oval Baker. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for the appropriate amount of liquid and cooking time.

3. Do I need to grease the Oval Baker before microwaving the cake?

No, you do not need to grease the Oval Baker before microwaving the cake. The stoneware material of the Oval Baker is naturally non-stick and will prevent the cake from sticking.

4. How long does it take to cook a microwave cake in the Oval Baker?

The cooking time for a microwave cake in the Oval Baker will vary depending on your microwave's power and the type of cake mix used. We recommend starting with 8 minutes and checking the cake's doneness with a toothpick. If it's not fully cooked, continue microwaving in 1-minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the microwave cake in the Oval Baker?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the microwave cake in the Oval Baker, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit. Just make sure to mix them into the batter before microwaving. You can also top the cake with frosting or whipped cream after it has cooled down.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies