• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Fixes for a Sticky Situation: Solving Microwave Cake Mishaps

In summary, the author has tried making this cake 3 times and it just sprayed it with Pam-butter and it came out fine but she couldn't find the regular cheesecake pudding either and had to use the sugar-free as well! It definitely needs the regualr cheesecake pudding and she ended up finding it at Target. She bought 2 boxes so she has them the next time she wants to make it. You can also go to your local grocery store and have them do a special order for you. It does take a little while so just let them know that you would like 6 boxes or whatever and that way it is worth their time and yours. In the meantime she would check your local Target or
kdbarkitchen
Can anyone help?? I have tried the HWC Microwave cake (strawberry cake mix with white choc chips and cheesecake pudding mix) 4 times, and every time it sticks to the bottom of fluted pan and breaks when I invert it. I have tried spraying it with Pam w/ flour; spraying it, then dusting with flour as well and I don't know what to try next!! Do you invert it immediately, or should I let it cool first? Also, I coudn't find the regular cheesecake pudding, so I had to use sugar free. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm supposed to demo this at a show tomorrow afternoon!

Debbie
www.kitchengal.com
[email protected]

I have tried making this cake 3 times and I just sprayed it with Pam-butter and it came out fine but I couldn't find the regular cheesecake pudding either and had to use the sugar-free as well! It definitely needs the regualr cheesecake pudding and I ended up finding it at Target. I bought 2 boxes so I have them the next time I want to make it. You can also go to your local grocery store and have them do a special order for you. It does take a little while so just let them know that you would like 6 boxes or whatever and that way it is worth their time and yours. In the meantime I would check your local Target or Wal-Mart store! I am also curious about when you take the cake out of the microwave. It looks like it's not even done on top when you take it out, right?

Kristi

When I take it out of the microwave it looks done, and if I use the cake tester, it comes out clean. I've been microwaving it 12 minutes. Maybe I should try the whole 14?
I've also been told to let it sit about 10 minutes before inverting it.
Do you spray it with Pam and then dust with flour, or just spray it?

I spray it with Pam then dust it with flour. My problem is not the cake coming out, it's cooking it too long and then having sections of the cake HARD and brown! Gross! I don't to try this cake until I have it down! The cake looks like it did when I put it in but it's burnt! HELP! :confused:

Kristi

I use "Bakers Joy" (quite a bit of it) and I don't add extra flour since it's already in the spray. The trick is inverting the cake RIGHT AWAY when it comes out of the microwave, but leaving the Fluted Pan on top still. Then after 10 minutes, remove the Pan. It's always worked for me when I do it this way. Sometimes the top of the cake seems soggy (probably from all the Baker's Joy) so I dab it with a paper towel to soak some of it off. THen use the shaker to dust powdered sugar on it and it hides anything that looks strange. I've made this tons! I do it for 13 minutes in my microwave, but they're all different. Good luck! :)

When you take it out of the microwave, do you flip it onto the stackable cooling rack? I think mine (since its soggy) would fall right through the rack. What should I do? Should I invert it onto a cake plate right away?

Kristi

Just tried the cake again with Bakers Joy - same thing, sticks to the bottom of the pan. The part left in the botton seems pretty moist and gooey - maybe it's not cooking long enough? I cooked it for 14 minutes.

I'm at a loss!! :confused:

Debbie

Debbie what is the wattage of your Microwave? I have a 1200 and it turns out fine in about 11-12 mins. Maybe you need to cook it a little longer? I am concerned though this weekend because I will be making the strawberry cheesecake one at a hosts house and using her microwave so I hope it turns out. She has a smaller microwave so I know I will have to adjust the time for that but not sure how much I need to adjust for.

Debbie

Mine is a 1200W as well, only about a year old! Maybe I'm putting too much spray in? I might try just a light brushing of vegetable oil instead...

I also noticed on another microwave cake recipe (the 12 Minute Cake I think it was), it said to let the cake stand in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting.

Also, how seasoned is your pan - this one is fairly new...

I'm finding that Duncan Hines cake mixes are sticking to the pan when I make the microwave cakes. :mad: Pilsbury brand has been working well for me.

Hope that helps. Let us know. ;)

Lee Anne

I have been only using the pillsbury brand myself. And that is so odd that yours is sticking so bad Debbie. My pan is new too. I have had it for roughly a month. I have cooked several of the cakes in it and cooked the impaled chicken in it too so maybe that has helped? I also have used Pam butter spray and used the bakers joy too. I have found that I like the taste of the pam better than the bakers joy though. Very odd that it is doing that. Have you tried cooking it less then? and then going ahead and inverting it but leaving the pan on it for about 10-20 minutes? I am raking my brain tryign to figure out something to help. Because once you get it down these cakes are great. :) I hope you find something that works for you.

Debbie

kdbarkitchen said:
Can anyone help?? I have tried the HWC Microwave cake (strawberry cake mix with white choc chips and cheesecake pudding mix) 4 times, and every time it sticks to the bottom of fluted pan and breaks when I invert it. I have tried spraying it with Pam w/ flour; spraying it, then dusting with flour as well and I don't know what to try next!! Do you invert it immediately, or should I let it cool first? Also, I coudn't find the regular cheesecake pudding, so I had to use sugar free. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm supposed to demo this at a show tomorrow afternoon!

Debbie
www.kitchengal.com
[email protected]

I tried this cake once and it was AWFUL - crumbly and collapsing and icky :(
I won't do it again :(

I checked and my microwave is an 1800 (watts?), so maybe that's why when I make the cake and cook it for 13 minutes, it's absolutely fine. I never have a problem with it sticking when I use Baker's Joy. Maybe it's just the power of the microwave. Maybe trying to cook it longer would work for those of you having trouble with it???

Pan EazeMy suggestion is to use that good 'ol "pan eaze" recipe ... it works EVERYTIME for me! Especially on new stones. It is equal parts of flour, oil and crisco ... for example, 1/4 cup of each, mix it up and brush it on with the pastry brush and my cakes come out every time. I sometimes take some with me to shows in a 'prep bowl'. 12 minutes usually is just about the right amount of time and I haven't noticed any sticky residue on the tops of my cakes. I hope your demo went well! :D

season properly on micro cakesI don't use any non-fat sprays on my stones ....over time they can cause a funky build up. Try making meatloaf in the bundt stone to help season it. After the cake comes out of the microwave you should let it stnad 4 minutes on the rack to let it stop cooking. Lay the rack on top, flip it and it will fall out. You can also run paring knife down the large wells to make it looser as well.

The first couple cakes you may want to try a box mix that requires veg. oil. Those tend to loosen on their own and help to season your stone.

You can also add Enova to a spritzer and cross sell that item at your shows. Enova is a new product that is a "healthy oil"...good for your heart and is not stored in the same amounts as hydrogenated oils. It helps to cont. the seasoning process as well.

1. Why did my microwave cake turn out sticky?

There could be a few reasons why your microwave cake turned out sticky. It could be due to overcooking, not mixing the ingredients properly, or using the wrong type of flour. Make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully and check the consistency of the batter before cooking.

2. Can I fix a sticky microwave cake?

Yes, there are a few ways to fix a sticky microwave cake. One option is to add a bit more flour to the batter and mix it well. You can also try cooking the cake for a few more minutes in the microwave. If the cake is already fully cooked, you can try dusting it with powdered sugar or frosting to help reduce the stickiness.

3. How can I prevent my microwave cake from becoming sticky?

To prevent your microwave cake from becoming sticky, make sure to measure all the ingredients accurately and mix them well. Also, be careful not to overcook the cake, as this can lead to a sticky texture. Additionally, using the correct type of flour for the recipe can also help prevent stickiness.

4. Can I use a different type of flour for my microwave cake?

It is generally best to use the type of flour specified in the recipe for the best results. However, if you do not have the recommended flour on hand, you can try using a different type of flour, such as whole wheat or almond flour. Just keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cake may be slightly different.

5. How long should I cook a microwave cake to avoid stickiness?

The cooking time for microwave cakes can vary depending on the recipe and the power of your microwave. It is important to follow the recipe instructions and check the cake's doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is likely done, and you can avoid stickiness by not overcooking it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • PampMomof3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jilleysue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies