• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Bacon in the Microwave - Tips & Tricks

In summary, it is possible to cook bacon in the microwave, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. To prevent mess, cover the bacon with a paper towel or microwave-safe plate while cooking. The cooking time will vary, but a general rule is 1 minute per slice. No special equipment is needed, just a microwave-safe dish, paper towels, and bacon. Any type of bacon can be used, but cooking time may vary.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I heard you can do microwave bacon....can't remember how, and my mother wants to try. Any suggestions please?

Best way is on the small bar pan, if you have it. Otherwise, put a couple of paper towels on a plate, put a layer of bacon, put two or three paper towels on top. It's been many many years since I've done this, so I don't remember the timing, so do it for about 2 minutes at a time to see how it's doing. Keep in mind, the bacon WILL stick to the paper towels. Come to think of it, parchment paper would work better if you have it.

Yes, you can definitely make bacon in the microwave! Here's how to do it:1. Start by lining a microwave-safe plate with paper towels. This will help absorb any excess grease and prevent a mess in your microwave.2. Place the bacon strips on the paper towels, making sure they do not overlap.3. Cover the bacon with another layer of paper towels to prevent splattering.4. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and desired crispiness. Keep an eye on it and add more time if needed.5. Once done, carefully remove the plate from the microwave and let the bacon cool for a minute or two before serving.That's it! You can also try adding a sprinkle of brown sugar or black pepper on top of the bacon before microwaving for some extra flavor. Happy cooking!

1. Can you really cook bacon in the microwave?

Yes, it is possible to cook bacon in the microwave. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different compared to cooking it in a pan or in the oven.

2. How do I cook bacon in the microwave without making a mess?

To prevent splattering and making a mess, place a paper towel or microwave-safe plate over the bacon while cooking. This will help absorb excess grease and prevent it from splattering all over the microwave.

3. How long should I cook bacon in the microwave for?

The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and the power of your microwave. As a general rule, start with 1 minute per slice of bacon and add additional time as needed until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.

4. Do I need any special equipment to cook bacon in the microwave?

No, all you need is a microwave-safe dish or plate, paper towels, and of course, bacon!

5. Can I use any type of bacon for cooking in the microwave?

Yes, you can use any type of bacon you prefer - regular, thick-cut, turkey, etc. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • mrsbettyboop0000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000
  • ChefDi