• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Cook Soda Cake: Microwave or Ricecooker?

In summary, a soda cake is a simple and easy cake recipe that uses a can of soda as the main ingredient, resulting in a light and fluffy texture. It can be made in the microwave or rice cooker for convenience, with varying cooking times. Any type of soda can be used, but regular soda is recommended for the best results.
chef.katie
Has anyone ever tried to microwave the soda cake? What did you cook it in? Ricecooker? Fluted Stone?

i actually made it yesterday in the fluted stone with a chocolate fudge cake and a diet dr pepper berries and cream. It came out so moist it's unbelieveable. The cake doesn't rise as much as the regular recipe will but it is great:) I'm going to make it for the WW group I'm hosting a show for Tuesday. Cut into 12 slices the piece only has 3 points,so at a show when we are cutting smaller portions we talkin about maybe a1 1/2 points for yummy chocolate

I made this recipe last week for a friend on WW. I used a devils food cake mix and 12oz can of diet coke. That's it!! It really is a yummy moist cake. I made it in my spring form pan . Also, I do not drink diet soda, I'd rather have water, but you could not taste the diet soda in it. I want to make the vanilla cake with a orange soda. I hear that one is really good.

Another thread...There's another thread, "Soda in a Cake", that has ideas, too. I posted a recipe for a cake I tried last night that worked out really well. I didn't microwave it, though, as I made it in the skillet.

Good luck!

Diane

Hi there! I have actually tried making the soda cake in the microwave before and it turned out great. I used a microwave-safe dish, but I have also heard of people using a rice cooker or a fluted stone with success. It's a quick and easy way to make a delicious dessert. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

What is a soda cake?

A soda cake is a simple, quick and easy cake recipe that uses a can of soda as the main ingredient instead of traditional ingredients like flour, eggs, and oil. The carbonation in the soda helps the cake rise and gives it a light and fluffy texture.

Can I make a soda cake in the microwave?

Yes, you can make a soda cake in the microwave. It is a popular method for making this type of cake because it is faster and more convenient. Just make sure to use a microwave-safe container and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I make a soda cake in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can make a soda cake in a rice cooker. It is a great alternative to the microwave for those who do not have access to an oven. The rice cooker will cook the cake evenly and you can even add other ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips for added flavor.

What is the cooking time for a soda cake in the microwave?

The cooking time for a soda cake in the microwave can vary depending on the wattage of your microwave and the size of your container. Generally, it takes about 5-7 minutes on high power, but it is best to check on the cake every minute to prevent overcooking.

Can I use any type of soda for a soda cake?

Yes, you can use any type of soda for a soda cake. Popular options include lemon-lime soda, orange soda, and cola, but feel free to experiment with different flavors. Just make sure to use a regular soda, not a diet or sugar-free version, as that may affect the texture and taste of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • aksusan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aksusan