• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microplane Grater Handle Problem: Slippery Silicon Grip Solution

In summary, a microplane grater is a kitchen tool that uses sharp blades to finely grate ingredients like cheese and vegetables. If it's not grating properly, check the food's texture and blade sharpness, and use a back-and-forth motion. To clean it, rinse with hot water and scrub off any stubborn food. While some are dishwasher safe, it's best to hand wash and avoid harsh chemicals. Store it in a dry place away from sharp objects, or use protective covers to prevent damage.
jori-sc
I am having problems with the microplane grater handle. The silicon part keeps slipping off! It has done this a few times at shows and while guests were "helping" me with the recipe. I am curious if anybody else has this problem...would this be returnable? or is it suppose to come off?! This is actually my second grater...the first one in my kit the handle was broken. TIA!!

I would return it. I've never had a problem with mine.

Mine doesn't do that. I'd get it replaced.

Definitely get that replaced. It shouldn't be doing that. I LOVE my microplane grater--it's one of my all-time favorite tools we have. :)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your microplane grater handle. I haven't personally experienced this issue, but I have heard of it happening to others. It is not supposed to come off easily, so it sounds like there may be a defect with your grater. Since this is your second grater and the first one had a broken handle, it may be best to contact Pampered Chef's customer service for a replacement. They have a great satisfaction guarantee and will be able to assist you with any issues you may have with your products. I hope this helps and that you're able to get a new grater soon! Happy cooking!

1. What is a microplane grater and how does it work?

A microplane grater is a kitchen tool that is used to grate or shred ingredients such as cheese, vegetables, or citrus zest. It works by using sharp, tiny blades to finely grate the food into small pieces.

2. Why is my microplane grater not grating properly?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. First, make sure the food you are grating is not too hard or too soft. Also, check that the blades are not dull or clogged with food debris. It may also help to use a firmer pressure and to grate in a back-and-forth motion instead of just pressing down.

3. How do I clean my microplane grater?

To clean your microplane grater, simply rinse it with hot water immediately after use. If there is any stubborn food stuck on the blades, use a small brush or toothbrush to gently scrub it off. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the blades.

4. Can I put my microplane grater in the dishwasher?

While some microplane graters are dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash them to prevent any damage to the blades. If you do choose to put it in the dishwasher, make sure to place it securely in the top rack away from any other sharp objects.

5. How do I store my microplane grater?

To prolong the life of your microplane grater, it is best to store it in a dry place away from any other sharp objects. You can also purchase protective covers for the blades to prevent them from getting dull or damaged. Avoid storing it in a drawer with other utensils that can scratch or bend the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
merego
  • Chef Laurie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bgraham