• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Microplane Grater Lock: Tips and Tricks for Easy Unlocking

In summary, the customer tried all of the suggestions and the handle still did not work. The customer broke the handle on the first grater they received. HO replaced the grater.
sassypip
Silver Member
HELP! I want to use thie microplane grater, but I can't get it unlocked. I have had it for 3 months and I keep getting it out and my DH has even tried it and we are afraid we will break the handle off. What am I doing wrong? I have read and reread the driections over and over... THank you!!:cry:

Hold it horizontally with the grating part facing down and the handle on top. The hinge should be toward the left. Place your right thumb on the round area that's the end of the hinge. Wrap the fingers of your right hand around the handle, and then close your hand to pull the handle toward your thumb. You will feel resistance - it takes some hand strength. When the handle will not pull any more toward you, rotate it up to open it.

There's a button on the side of the hinge. You have to push hard & hold, then the handle should glide open. Once you release the button, it locks again. The first few times it's a little "stiff". Just push the button and open, close, open, close, etc. before releasing the button. It will help loosen up the hinge a bit.

Think of it like a big letter T.You have to slide the entire Letter over, not just the end of the handle. It is a little stiff, but works great. (That sturdiness helps when you use it in the extended position over big bowls, saucepans, etc.)

My director told me to think of it as a bicycle handbrake. Hold the handle facing on top, like a "T", and use your thumb to press in the lock release on the left while gripping the handle like a handle bar. Works everytime!

It's not necessarily a button, the handle shifts. It's hard to see, but there's a picture of a lock and an arrow that points to the direction you need to shift the handle towards. Keeping the handle in the current position, it just slides over to the left (you use your thumb on the circle part-outside of the hinge on the side for leverage). Then you can open the handle to the half way or fully open position. You have to do the same thing when you want to close it, too.

I have had cases where the grater is so tight that the customer HAS broken the handle. If you try all of these suggestions, and it still doesn't work, see if HO will replace yours.

I'm with Noora...the first one I got (in my new consultant kit) would not budge! My mom, myself, and my hubby tried. I ended up breaking the handle! HO replaced it and the new one was smooth and easy!

1. How does the Microplane Grater Lock work?

The Microplane Grater Lock is a unique locking mechanism that secures the grater blade in place during use. It has a lever that can be pushed down to lock the blade in place or lifted up to release the blade for cleaning.

2. Is the Microplane Grater Lock dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microplane Grater Lock is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for a longer lifespan of the product.

3. Can the Microplane Grater Lock be used for grating cheese?

Yes, the Microplane Grater Lock is perfect for grating hard cheeses such as Parmesan, as well as other ingredients like chocolate and citrus zest.

4. How do I clean the Microplane Grater Lock?

The Microplane Grater Lock can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a brush. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Can the Microplane Grater Lock be used for grating vegetables?

Yes, the Microplane Grater Lock can be used for grating a variety of vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and potatoes. It is also great for grating garlic and ginger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
merego
  • Pampered Cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcmissyfee